Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979679 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1875 on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:35 PM »
I've tried the on-site sculpting station with a legacy family I used to have, and it didn't work for me.  I usually convert a vacant residential lot into a graveyard lot to serve as a family cemetery (obviously I didn't do that with my Immortal family, as edit town is off-limits), and my desire was to place ice sculptures of certain sims there as memorials.  The sculpting station wasn't available in the buy menu.  That might have been a graveyard specific situation, though.

I know for a fact that I can place portraits and photographs on these lots, as I've done it.  But as this kills the appreciation value of the objects d'art, I won't bother here.

Edit:  The above post gives me an idea (unrelated to this thread btw).  I wonder if the sculpting station will still be there if I place it on the lot first, then convert it.  It's worth checking out I suppose.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1876 on: January 25, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »
You probably didn't own the property, Hosfac.  If you own it, you can access Build/Buy mode.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1877 on: January 25, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »
You probably didn't own the property, Hosfac.  If you own it, you can access Build/Buy mode.

I could access the build/buy mode.  The sculpting station just wasn't in there when I did (I didn't see it, at least).  It could have possibly had something to do with it being a graveyard, but it was so long ago, i don't really remember.  Also, I believe it was pre-LN, so it could very well have been something that was just broken.

Graveyards are "dirt cheap" when they're just a vacant lot btw.   ::)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1878 on: January 26, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Have you tested that idea with the sculpting station, Schipperke?  Would you have to use the Build/Buy function to be able to pick up the sculpture?

Here's a picture of Malrok using the sculpting station and a couple of ice sculptures of the two spouses in the background.  To move the sculptures, you have to go to Map view, then click on "Real Estate" for that lot, then go to Buy or Build on this lot.  I still think it's a neat way to have an off-site museum, but if the items won't appreciate, I guess I won't be putting any of the Immortal items there.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1879 on: January 26, 2011, 02:58:54 PM »
Is the first sculpture that is made of a sim the one that counts? or is it the one you chose? I remember the rules said something about it being placed in the museum, but don't remember if it specifically says the first one made or not.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1880 on: January 26, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
Is the first sculpture that is made of a sim the one that counts? or is it the one you chose? I remember the rules said something about it being placed in the museum, but don't remember if it specifically says the first one made or not.

No, it does not need to be the first one. All museum objects need to be placed by the time of the next age up — so for example, your Young Adult museum objects would need to be placed before the Sim aged up to Adult. And it's obviously your choice as to what goes in the museum. Once it goes in it can't come back out.

My own rule of thumb for museum objects is ice sculptures must be at least Brilliant (Masterpiece sculptures are incredibly rare, but I've had a few) and all portraits need to be a Masterpiece.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1881 on: January 26, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
I get beyond excited when I get a masterpiece sculpture. Maybe I need to get a life or something  ;D

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1882 on: January 26, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »
I get beyond excited when I get a masterpiece sculpture.

Agreed. I don't know the total count in Recipe Man's sculpting skill journal, but at nearly 50 weeks now it is has to be hundreds of sculptures. And I'd guess he's only cranked out 10 Masterpieces. They're WAAAAY rarer than painting a Masterpiece.

Maybe I need to get a life or something  ;D

You too?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1883 on: January 26, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
Out of all the museum sculptures that Agnes has done so far(just 9) five have been masterpieces. Can I pretty please keep Agnes I promise to feed her and take her for a walk. I will even clean out her cage pretty please,go on you know you want to.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1884 on: January 26, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »
Out of all the museum sculptures that Agnes has done so far(just 9) five have been masterpieces. Can I pretty please keep Agnes I promise to feed her and take her for a walk. I will even clean out her cage pretty please,go on you know you want to.

Rachel

5 out of 9!!! Sheesh....with that kind of track record you need to make some money for yourself and put Agnes on an auction block.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1885 on: January 26, 2011, 08:25:59 PM »
I get beyond excited when I get a masterpiece sculpture. Maybe I need to get a life or something  ;D

Rachel

Masterpiece?  What's that?  Me, I'm just happy I remembered to get everything done!  I feel very down-market in the presence of all you perfectionists.  As for getting a life, I used to have one of those but I forgot where I put it.  ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1886 on: January 26, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »
Masterpiece?  What's that?  Me, I'm just happy I remembered to get everything done!  I feel very down-market in the presence of all you perfectionists.  As for getting a life, I used to have one of those but I forgot where I put it.  ;D

Seriously, I don't even know the quality of the pieces that went into my museum.  If it was done and looked good, that's good enough for me!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1887 on: January 26, 2011, 08:44:28 PM »
I have a question. Is fishing a good skill to SuperMax? I had planned for an Athletic SuperMaxed immortal down the line, but I'd like my current generation to learn the Martial Arts skill so that they can break space blocks.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1888 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »
I have a question. Is fishing a good skill to SuperMax? I had planned for an Athletic SuperMaxed immortal down the line, but I'd like my current generation to learn the Martial Arts skill so that they can break space blocks.

I had no trouble SuperMaxing fishing with my Clan Douglas founder.  The only problem I had was that, being a self-employed fisherman, it took a while for him to get his necessary 6 BlackOps.  But he had no trouble fulfilling his LTW (the perfect aquarium one) or reaching the top of his career.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1889 on: January 26, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »
I had no trouble SuperMaxing fishing with my Clan Douglas founder.  The only problem I had was that, being a self-employed fisherman, it took a while for him to get his necessary 6 BlackOps.  But he had no trouble fulfilling his LTW (the perfect aquarium one) or reaching the top of his career.
Okay, thanks. I've maxed it before, but I wasn't sure if there were any tricky skill journal challenges. Is it easy to max the self-employed fishing career?

anything