Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941405 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1950 on: January 30, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
Hi everyone, I posted this earlier in the simbot thread, but it probably belongs here.

Disaster of all disasters. Can we conclude that Bridgeport is bugged and simbots cannot be built there? If so, I have a big problem with my dynasty, and Pam and Metro, if you see this I was wondering whether you'd be able to help?

My third generation heir is super-maxing inventing, and, worse, her life wish is to create three monsters. She can easily supermax handiness (well, not easily, but with a little bit of work) but the life wish is a disaster because changing it via rewards is banned.

Changing your LTW with the reward is not banned for immortals. The only reward that's banned is Mid-Life Crisis.

I had no idea about this until I went to the workbench a few minutes ago, life core in inventory, and lo and behold, no option for simbot. So, of course, I jumped on and searched the forums and now I'm freaking out!

If anyone could help, I would hugely appreciate it. Have EA patched this problem yet and I just haven't updated (please please please!).

Thanks,
Astoria.

Here's the way to handle this. As long as you have gathered all materials necessary to build the 3 Simbots, then you can go ahead and give yourself credit for SuperMaxing Inventing as well as finishing the Monster Maker LTW.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1951 on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »
Yes, you can make Life Fruit nectar, but don't drink it until after Ambrosia has been eaten.

As many times as I've played around with the Nectar Making skill, I never made the 9 life fruit/1 pomegranate formula.  Mostly because I saw it as a bit of a waste as I was under the impression that it had no affect on aging.  Am I wrong on that?

My impression was that all it did was give you that staggering "Full of Life" moodlet.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Di987546432

« Reply #1952 on: January 30, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »
Yes, you can make Life Fruit nectar, but don't drink it until after Ambrosia has been eaten.
But what about extra sims I take into the household (ask to move in) - can I kick them out when I'm bored with them? What about a butler?

Anyone who moves into your house must live there for the rest of their lives and die a natural death.  A butler is different because it's hired help and you don't control the butler.  You can hire and fire them however you wish.

Thanks - now I think the rules are pretty clear for me (at least about that)  :)

Di987546432

« Reply #1953 on: January 30, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
As many times as I've played around with the Nectar Making skill, I never made the 9 life fruit/1 pomegranate formula.  Mostly because I saw it as a bit of a waste as I was under the impression that it had no affect on aging.  Am I wrong on that?

My impression was that all it did was give you that staggering "Full of Life" moodlet.

First - I think that any nectar with more than 50% life fruit, 6 or more, will give you longer life when drinking it.

The point with the 9LF / 1 pomegranate is that as far as I know this gives the best price per batch, as explained on this excellent guide: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/worldadventures/nectarmaking/machine-upgrades.php

I easily get §540 per bottle with Extended Nectaration and the Flavor Enhancement upgrade. So lets say I fill up a rack (the best rack) in the basement an leave them there for a while each bottle gain 10% of the base value each day so after just 10 days the value is doubled. So if I leave the rack with nextar worth §8100 to start with for lets say just 30 days it will be worth §32400 already. That's quite easy money and it's also cool to serve nectar worth several thousand at parties  :)
I prefer to serve nectar with 9 flame fruit and 1 gralladina at parties - a little less valuable (around §380 base price) but good taste, cool flame effect & it don't give the guests extra life. (It has caused fire at one of my parties though so they might get shorter life instead hehe)

Astoria

« Reply #1954 on: January 30, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
Changing your LTW with the reward is not banned for immortals. The only reward that's banned is Mid-Life Crisis.

Here's the way to handle this. As long as you have gathered all materials necessary to build the 3 Simbots, then you can go ahead and give yourself credit for SuperMaxing Inventing as well as finishing the Monster Maker LTW.

Thanks so much Metro! I was starting to panic there! I will probably change the life-wish, I think, and super-max handiness. That should be achievable. Gutted I can't make the monsters though! I really wish EA would sort this bug out.

Aiwe

« Reply #1955 on: January 30, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
Aside from the global rule that everyone's ultimate goal is to have 8 immortals living under one roof, there honestly is not a hard and fast rule that specifically states spouses must live in the Dynasty house. If a spouse does live in the house, then everyone knows what follows next — they can't be moved out. So, Aiwe, you're fine. Is that what I originally intended? No. I did intend for players to be forced to deal with spouses as well. But, this has come up several times over the months and I'm certainly willing to allow some flexibility.

Thank you, I didn't mean to be awkward, I was just trying to get the family cook to not make a mess of the kitchen by having her father be a maid, didn't work out unfortunately, but I wanted to try. At that point my founder had already been married (to a repairman... no rich spouses here) for some time, what with her being in her adult phase already when she conceived gen 2 and someone had to paint her as a young adult and everything... apparently my Sims aren't big on morals when there's a chance of reducing the housework.

Astoria

« Reply #1956 on: January 31, 2011, 04:41:17 AM »
Hi Metro, sorry to bother you again but I now have another disaster. My dynasty family has been hit by the travel baby bug. The fourth generation has just been born, and at the same time as the new daughter showed up on the family tree (nothing before the birth) another daughter in France showed up. My third immortal is married to the father of the fourth (will-eventually-be) immortal, yet this extra child is a young adult or adult and the father is someone called Theophile who my sim doesn't even know. Technically the fourth generation heir was born first, as this imposter never showed up on the family tree until after her birth, but the other daughter is obviously older. The new heir was conceived in France; is that the problem, do you think?? Argh! Is it ok to continue? I'm so crossing my fingers that it's ok. Not a good few days for the Chanteuses!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1957 on: January 31, 2011, 07:01:27 AM »
@Astoria, unfortunately I have no other solution for you than to "pretend" it never happened. In other words, just carry on and ignore it. The phantom baby bug is a nasty one for sure, but I don't know if it's a game breaker.

I would see if you could maybe reload from an earlier save before the bug hit. I know this bug can mess up the family tree obviously, but I'm not sure if it messes with other stuff.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1958 on: January 31, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »
I had the travel baby bug in the Clan Douglas Dynasty.  It's annoying, but that's about all.  I just ignored the foreign child and carried on.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1959 on: January 31, 2011, 10:29:51 AM »
Aside from the global rule that everyone's ultimate goal is to have 8 immortals living under one roof, there honestly is not a hard and fast rule that specifically states spouses must live in the Dynasty house. If a spouse does live in the house, then everyone knows what follows next — they can't be moved out. So, Aiwe, you're fine. Is that what I originally intended? No. I did intend for players to be forced to deal with spouses as well. But, this has come up several times over the months and I'm certainly willing to allow some flexibility.

On the page on Carl's Sim Guide (http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/challenges/immortaldynasty.php) it says:

Updates to the rules:
8/29/10: Added definition of BlackOps. Clarified that spouses must live in the Dynasty House.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1960 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »
On the page on Carl's Sim Guide (http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/challenges/immortaldynasty.php) it says:

Updates to the rules:
8/29/10: Added definition of BlackOps. Clarified that spouses must live in the Dynasty House.

Well, unfortunately, that's an inconsistency between the Guide rules and the forum rules. My quote in your post stands. There is nothing in the forum rule set that states a spouse has to live in the Dynasty house. If I did indeed say that way back in August, then I never added it to the official rule set and that was my mistake. It's way too late to change that kind of rule now. Players have to go off of what's in black and white and not be forced to pour through hundreds of pages of a thread.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1961 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
Sorry to post this wayyyyy at the end as I'm sure it has already been discussed somewhere in the last... 200 pages of posts!

Here are my questions: With World Adventures, Ambitions, and Night Life installed, I count a total of 20 traits.

Cooking, Handiness, Charisma, Athletic, Logic, Painting, Guitar, Fishing, Writing, Gardening, Photography, Nectar Making, Martial Arts, Sculpting, Tattooing, Inventing, Mixology, Drums, Piano, Bass

Are any of these traits not allowed as a SuperMax Skill for an Immortal?
As long as each Immortal has one UNIQUE skill SuperMaxed, which no other Immortals have SuperMaxed, are the remaining 12 skills (edit) available for any and all of the Immortals to Max and/or complete skill challenges for?

Example:
Gen 1: SuperMaxed Cooking
Gen 2: SuperMaxed Handiness
Gen 3: SuperMaxed Charisma
Gen 4: SuperMaxed Athletic
Gen 5: SuperMaxed Logic
Gen 6: SuperMaxed Painting
Gen 7: SuperMaxed Guitar
Gen 8: SuperMaxed Fishing

Assuming, for example, that Gen 2 through 7 don't even touch the cooking skill, as it has been chosen for Gen 1.
For the remaining 12 skills, if one Immortal reaches level 10 and (potentially) completes all skill challenges for lets say the Nectar Making Skill, are the remaining immortals allowed to do the same, or not?

Also, I assume (but want to clarify!) that all non-Immortal Sims in the household can reach Level 10 and (potentially) complete skill challenges for ALL skills, regardless of which skills are chosen for each Immortal?

I'm starting to plan out the progression of my Dynasty, and I don't want to realize I've broken half the rules and start over.

HUGE thanks to Metro and Pam for working so hard on this Challenge!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1962 on: January 31, 2011, 04:35:47 PM »
Yes. Any Immortal can max any skill, so long as that is not the supermax for another immortal. That gives plenty of skills "Up for grabs," and as long as no immortal is supermaxing that skill, many immortals can pursue and max/supermax that one skill. Non-Immortal sims have no restirctions on traits/ltw/skills.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1963 on: January 31, 2011, 07:16:15 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, fortheloveofcake.

In your post you say "traits" a couple of times.  But I think you mean "skills" in those instances.''

There can be several skills where an Immortal can reach level 10, but the one SuperMax skill must be unique and no other Immortal may reach level 10 of a SuperMaxed skill.

Mortals can do anything they wish.  They don't have any restrictions on their skills at all.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1964 on: January 31, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »
Hey, everybody — hold the phone on what I said about spouses not having to live in the Dynasty house. I had a short circuit today and Pam did find what we talked about way back in August...

• Your first 6 immortals can be male or female and their spouses must live in the Dynasty house until their death.

That's from the posted rules on p. 1. So, as we've been saying all along, all spouses (except generation 7's mate) need to live in the Dynasty house.

I apologize if I confused anyone.