Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942616 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1980 on: February 02, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »
Good luck in your next attempt, Salty. Bring home a winner!  :D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1981 on: February 02, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
You are most welcome, Schip Salty, and good luck!

EDIT: Yes Schip, I did mean Salty. No idea where my head was at. Sorry.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1982 on: February 02, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
You are most welcome, Schip, and good luck!

Uh ... did you mean that comment for Salty?  I sure hope you did, because if it was meant for me I must be developing Alzheimer's or something, as I have no idea what you're referring to.  Please enlighten me!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1983 on: February 02, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
When I did the Smith Dynasty I never had any error 12 messages and it only crashed to desktop three times. It ran a little slow at the end but I think it is true what Salty said the less stuff the better.
I built the house almost straight away and kept content to a minimum. I do believe that keeping things pretty basic and simple is the key here.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1984 on: February 02, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
Rachel, didn't you say that your Dynasty just had paintings, no ice sculptures?  That probably made a difference.  I did find in the Clan Douglas Dynasty that I was getting a lot of Error 12s near the end, but when I got rid of a bunch of unnecessary stuff it never happened again.  The load times were still incredibly long.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1985 on: February 02, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
I think Metro has said that museum pieces have to be placed before aging up.  My own opinion is that, as long as the piece is completed before aging up, that's enough. 

Yeah, this is what I needed to confirm - for looks, I'm wanting to be able to have the same stuff for each generation of Immortals, so was keeping a nearly finished sculpture of my founder in the cooler until my mortal sculptor has ice personality. I'll continue with doing that, but will just not count it in my final score.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1986 on: February 02, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »
Yeah I did just have paintings so that probably made a big difference. If I ever get round to finishing the Khalid Dynasty with all the sculptures I can see if that makes a difference. I have already scaled down some this time round by not having ghosts or as much outdoor furniture.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1987 on: February 02, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
I have learned my lesson on building such a huge house.  I will probably still have sculptures, portraits and photographs, but not urns or graves and so many tvs and stereos and forget about those silly gnomes, will just sell the little creatures, lol.  Ok, off to plan a new dynasty.  Thanks all. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1988 on: February 02, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
That is what I did this time around, sparsely furnished, everything extra gets sold, and all graves are sent off to the cemetery.  Just now starting to lag but since generation 8 is a young adult I should be able to finish up without too many issues.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #1989 on: February 02, 2011, 10:34:57 PM »
I am going to probably delete Franklin Colour dynasty thread and that way I can start another one, I want to come up with something different and I am going to have to think about what I want to do.  I will miss playing with that family, but I have learned alot from that game and I hope I can cross the finish line.  I looked at the date I started and it was in September, wow.  I had not realized I had worked on it that long, like so many others have also.  Wish me luck and thanks for reading my dynasty. :)
You stopped the Colours?! NO! WHY, CRUEL FATE, WHYYYYY?! TT.TT
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1990 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »
Sorry Simstar, believe me, I did not want to.  The next one will be better and I might even try it in a different town, although, I was thinking about using Christopher this time, not sure yet.  I really want to make it unique and I don't have much imagination, unless I really think long and hard about it.  They let someone go at work, so my hours are going to somewhat crazy for a while.  I will only be able to work on the next dynasty a couple of days a week, but I will try my best.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1991 on: February 03, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »
Uh ... did you mean that comment for Salty?  I sure hope you did, because if it was meant for me I must be developing Alzheimer's or something, as I have no idea what you're referring to.  Please enlighten me!

Yes I did, sorry. I've edited my post on the previous page.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1992 on: February 03, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »
Well, I know it is going to look funny on that big lot to have such a small house, but that is ok.  Also, when I get their cars, think I will keep a driveway in the family inventory, purchase a car and put it in their personal inventory, that will cut down on having 8 driveways too.  Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do, lol.  Just getting ready to make my new guy, so will probably have the first post sometime later today.  Ok, number 4, here I come. ;D

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1993 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Well I am happy to say I have completed my dynasty.  Now it is time to party so I am going to make brownies to celebrate.  ;D
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1994 on: February 03, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
Well I am happy to say I have completed my dynasty.  Now it is time to party so I am going to make brownies to celebrate.  ;D

Great job! I just sent you a PM.

anything