Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972468 times)

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2010 on: February 06, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »
Quite confused here. I'm doing a third (sigh) attempt at the Immortal dynasty, and I've had 2 pairs living in my house - Founder+Spouse, and a couple chained to the sculpture studio and easel respectively. Both pairs tried for a baby the same evening, about the same time - the artistic couple were an hour or two later. The two kids - Mordred to the Founder, Isabella to the Artistic Couple - were born the same day, and had their baby-to-toddler age up on the same day. They haven't been anywhere near lifefruit, makeovers, or anything else I can think of that decreases age.

Yet Mordred, the one born *Before* Isabella, is now a day younger.  ???  >:(

What should I do? Should I age Mordred up on the same day as Isabella, or on the day the game thinks it's his birthday?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2011 on: February 06, 2011, 04:54:27 AM »
What should I do? Should I age Mordred up on the same day as Isabella, or on the day the game thinks it's his birthday?

This is a glitch that the game gets sometimes for no reason.  I've even had it happen to twins.  I say just go ahead and age Mordred up on the same day as Isabella, if you're sure that Isabella is the one with the correct age.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #2012 on: February 06, 2011, 05:25:00 AM »
This is a glitch that the game gets sometimes for no reason.  I've even had it happen to twins.  I say just go ahead and age Mordred up on the same day as Isabella, if you're sure that Isabella is the one with the correct age.

Oh phew, that's a relief. Thought it was something stupid that I had done (Wouldn't be the first time...). :P

I'm not sure if Isabella has the correct age, but I know that both were originally the same age. So I'll go with aging up Mordred alongside Isabella.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2013 on: February 06, 2011, 05:30:53 AM »
I just had that happen to my twins in my dynasty.  I got the first message it was going to be one twins birthday and usually the second message comes right after that.  I waited and nothing came up, so I looked and the second twin was a day later.  When I got the notification that it was the first twins birthday and aged up the second after the first had her cake.  Now they are the same age again.  Weird how that works out. :) Whew, did that make sense, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2014 on: February 06, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »
Quite confused here. I'm doing a third (sigh) attempt at the Immortal dynasty, and I've had 2 pairs living in my house - Founder+Spouse, and a couple chained to the sculpture studio and easel respectively. Both pairs tried for a baby the same evening, about the same time - the artistic couple were an hour or two later. The two kids - Mordred to the Founder, Isabella to the Artistic Couple - were born the same day, and had their baby-to-toddler age up on the same day. They haven't been anywhere near lifefruit, makeovers, or anything else I can think of that decreases age.

Yet Mordred, the one born *Before* Isabella, is now a day younger.  ???  >:(

Are the both children of the founder? Or one from each couple. Because I thought it didn't matter about non mortal children. If Mordred is the founders son, then Isabella has nothing to do with his mortally.

OR am I just reading this wrong?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2015 on: February 06, 2011, 08:48:18 AM »
Are the both children of the founder? Or one from each couple. Because I thought it didn't matter about non mortal children. If Mordred is the founders son, then Isabella has nothing to do with his mortally.

Yeah that. Mordred is the future immortal the artistic couple and their daughter all have to die. Just out of interest why did you choose for the other couple to have a child is it to provide someone to do sculptures and paintings later on.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #2016 on: February 06, 2011, 08:55:36 AM »
Yeah that. Mordred is the future immortal the artistic couple and their daughter all have to die. Just out of interest why did you choose for the other couple to have a child is it to provide someone to do sculptures and paintings later on.

Rachel

Maybe also for Isabella to be Mordred's wife in the future? Sorry but after Jocelyn this raising a spouse thing is my current interest XP

Either way I think Castaras may be concerned that there may be some bug that is messing up Mondred's aging process, so she's using Isabella as a guide to make sure he's on the right track.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #2017 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »

One from each couple, both born at the same time. So was a little worried that their birthdays were no longer on the same day, because various things in the game can decrease age, which aren't allowed until you take the first bite of ambrosia. Didn't want to have to start over *again*  :D.

Rachel

RJ is spot on. Raise my own spouse alongside the 2nd immortal, and it's easy to make sure they've got a high relationship bar, and that the spouse will compliment the 2nd immortal and the founder's abilities (in my case, Natural Cook and Neat are essential).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2018 on: February 06, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
Ooh very clever. I love hearing how other people are approaching the immortal dynasty.

Rachel

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #2019 on: February 06, 2011, 09:13:30 AM »
RJ is spot on.

I wish I hear more of that from my professors in school lol.

Ooh very clever. I love hearing how other people are approaching the immortal dynasty.

As we read all the dynasties that are posted on the forum we gain experience and think of new ideas and ways to improve ourselves. That's the great thing about the forum  :D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2020 on: February 07, 2011, 03:30:57 AM »
Something I just noticed in regards to graves of mortals:

• 3. You can make a private family cemetery on a lot that you’ve purchased via the computer.

1)  How do you go about getting a private cemetery if edit town is off-limits, except to place Ambitions/LN lots?  Wouldn't you have to change the lot type?
2)  This is something I do regularly with regular legacy families, so I know how it can be a huge benefit to a household.  I would think that changing a vacant lot into a cemetery would be against the rules, as it's extremely, extremely cheap, and it doesn't really take a whole lot before it starts turning a considerable profit.  Although I suppose profit could be avoided by simply not placing any mausoleums (you need 1 for the level 1 requirement)...

Or do you mean simply placing graves on another type of existing lot?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2021 on: February 07, 2011, 05:45:00 AM »
Something I just noticed in regards to graves of mortals:

1)  How do you go about getting a private cemetery if edit town is off-limits, except to place Ambitions/LN lots?  Wouldn't you have to change the lot type?
2)  This is something I do regularly with regular legacy families, so I know how it can be a huge benefit to a household.  I would think that changing a vacant lot into a cemetery would be against the rules, as it's extremely, extremely cheap, and it doesn't really take a whole lot before it starts turning a considerable profit.  Although I suppose profit could be avoided by simply not placing any mausoleums (you need 1 for the level 1 requirement)...

Or do you mean simply placing graves on another type of existing lot?

The lot doesn't need to be designated as a private cemetary through Edit Town.  As long as you own the lot, you can place the graves on it.  I put mine on the lot directly across the street.  It was fenced off to keep it separate.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2022 on: February 07, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
As long as you own the lot, you can place the graves on it.

That will work out well in Barnacle Bay, since there's at least 1 lot that's entirely undeveloped.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2023 on: February 09, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
I know the answer will probably be no but it never hurts to ask. Would it be possible to marry a vampire into the family so long as you take him or her straight to the lab to get him/her turned back into a human.

Rachel

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2024 on: February 09, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
I'm just starting a dynasty and have a question.  After your immortal has gotten their 3 unique LTRs, can they buy other ones if they have the points for them?  If so, can these extra LTRs overlap with other immortals as long as all the LTR in question is not one of the unique LTRs for any immortal?

The situation I'm thinking of is Prepared Traveler.  It seems like it would be advantageous to have several immortals with this LTR to get longer trips abroad.  Is this okay as long as all immortals have 3 LTRs that no other immortal has?

Thank you,

Kat