Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2975865 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2025 on: February 09, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
I know the answer will probably be no but it never hurts to ask. Would it be possible to marry a vampire into the family so long as you take him or her straight to the lab to get him/her turned back into a human.

Rachel

I can't really change the no vampires rule at this point. I hear what you're saying, and it makes sense. But, the way the rule reads is no vampires at all and it's been that way since Late Night was released last November. Sorry.

I'm just starting a dynasty and have a question.  After your immortal has gotten their 3 unique LTRs, can they buy other ones if they have the points for them?  If so, can these extra LTRs overlap with other immortals as long as all the LTR in question is not one of the unique LTRs for any immortal?

The situation I'm thinking of is Prepared Traveler.  It seems like it would be advantageous to have several immortals with this LTR to get longer trips abroad.  Is this okay as long as all immortals have 3 LTRs that no other immortal has?

Yes, you can definitely have overlap with the LTR as long as every immortal has 3 unique to them. I would think almost everyone would pick up things like Steel Bladder eventually. I certainly did.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #2026 on: February 09, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
Nevermind, misread the question. >.>

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2027 on: February 10, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »
Well, I am going to try something and it will be alot of work.  I know I deleted the Colour Dynasty file, but I am going to go into the game and totally redo everything.  It will take some hard work and patience, but I have thought about it and I cannot give up.  If after all the work I do to delete and sell everything but the museum pieces and it still crashes and burns, then I will throw in the towel.  I will post updates and some screenshots of maybe some life events that are worth mentioning, but I cannot in good conscience just give up after reaching almost 4 months of work.  This will take some time and I will start a new thread on the Colour Dynasty for updates.  Please stay tuned for upcoming Colour updates.  Thanks to all who read it and I hope I can get it to work. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2028 on: February 10, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
I hope you can get it to work too.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2029 on: February 11, 2011, 01:13:39 AM »
I was very happy to see the return of the Colour Dynasty! :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2030 on: February 11, 2011, 03:58:21 AM »
Good luck, Salty.  I hope you can get it to work.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2031 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:12 AM »
No error 12 yet.  I know I am not adding anything to the household.  Thanks, will probably have an update sometime today.  Not much going on as of yet.  Sunshine still has a way to go before turning teen, because I had to find an earlier save and the one I found, Sunshine had only been a youth for a couple of days.  Oh well, at least for now I can play and it runs alot smoother and the rendering rate is way faster now.  Amazing how downsizing can do that.  These files can only hold so much, then after that it crashes and burns.  Thanks for the comments. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2032 on: February 12, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
Is there any limit on traveling (after generation 2 becomes a young adult, that is)?
Or can the sims travel as often as they want, and for as long as they want?

Also, are the to-be immortals allowed to carry deathflowers? Or must they wait until they've reached the ambrosia stage?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2033 on: February 12, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
Is there any limit on traveling (after generation 2 becomes a young adult, that is)?
Or can the sims travel as often as they want, and for as long as they want?

Yep. No limits at all once you're eligible. Just ask Pam what "no limits" means.  :D

Also, are the to-be immortals allowed to carry deathflowers? Or must they wait until they've reached the ambrosia stage?

No deathflowers for immortals until after they've eaten Ambrosia. Oops. Scratch that. Looks like the rule simply states no deathflowers for non-immortals and there's nothing specific about when immortals/soon-to-be immortals can keep them in inventory. So, because there isn't anything specific, you're fine to place them whenever you wish. Personally, I feel an immortal does not qualify until they've really become an immortal and eaten Ambrosia. I actually thought this had come up before and that was the ruling. @Pam, do you remember this coming up before?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2034 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:17 PM »
I am not Pam but it is stated under Gift of Immortality...

In this Dynasty Challenge, the act of eating Ambrosia and placing a deathflower in personal inventory is a reward reserved only for your Founder and each generation’s firstborn child upon reaching Elder status (no immortal can eat Ambrosia and place deathflowers in inventory before that). The following tasks must be completed before Ambrosia can be eaten and deathflowers placed in inventory:
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2035 on: February 12, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
Haha. Thanks, Teresa.  ;D I was 95% sure that was there somewhere, but I was looking in the additional restrictions section where deathflowers are also mentioned. Thanks again.

@Alexandria_ — there's the concrete answer on immortals and deathflowers.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2036 on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
I am not Pam but it is stated under Gift of Immortality...

In this Dynasty Challenge, the act of eating Ambrosia and placing a deathflower in personal inventory is a reward reserved only for your Founder and each generation’s firstborn child upon reaching Elder status (no immortal can eat Ambrosia and place deathflowers in inventory before that). The following tasks must be completed before Ambrosia can be eaten and deathflowers placed in inventory:
Thanks tjsmetana and Metro. I had a feeling I read that somewhere, but I must have skipped over it  :D
Lucky I keep my death flower garden locked up.

lulu72188

« Reply #2037 on: February 12, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »
Hi Metro,  I had a disappearing trait in one of my sims.  I'm fairly certain I added it correctly, but it's also possibly I wasn't paying attention and just messed it up.  How should I proceed?  Can I cheat to add it back, or do I have to make due without it?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2038 on: February 12, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »
Hi Metro,  I had a disappearing trait in one of my sims.  I'm fairly certain I added it correctly, but it's also possibly I wasn't paying attention and just messed it up.  How should I proceed?  Can I cheat to add it back, or do I have to make due without it?

This is a glitch that happens sometimes.  Go ahead and use testing cheats to add the trait back in. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2039 on: February 14, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »
Am I right in assuming that adventure opportunities can count towards the 6 opportunities needed for a Sim to reach immortality?