Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971753 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9510 on: March 10, 2014, 08:01:56 PM »
Yeah, I've got that. I've got a pretty old computer and I found that using the game selector just made it crash. I think most of my problems really lies with the fact that my poor old pc is ... well, pretty old!! lol It always seems that the kids need the new one so I get stuck with the 'left-overs'!  ???
Well, its raining in RL so I'm just sitting here drinking coffee watching the  "s l o w" reinstall process  :P
Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions. I get so many tips here, its such a fabulous forum.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9511 on: March 10, 2014, 08:07:38 PM »
That sounds backwards! The kids should be getting the hand-me-down stuff, and you - as the parent - should be able to play with break in the new stuff and make sure it works.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9512 on: March 10, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
LOL I know, its just that in my job I can buy the computers that come off company lease after three years very cheaply so thats how I end up with older pc's. Can't really give the kids an old pc for a present  :P soon they will be buying their own stuff. (That makes me feel old!!)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9513 on: March 10, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »
Here's a question; when I'm adding venues etc to the map before I start my dynasty can I also add horse feeding/watering stations thingys by using the build/buy option to those venues and parks?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9514 on: March 10, 2014, 08:26:02 PM »
Hmm, don't you just plop down whatever the EA building/venue from the library?  If my memory serves me right, you can plop down all the premade EA lots, but you can't edit them to your liking.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9515 on: March 10, 2014, 08:32:53 PM »
Thanks, I thought it was a long shot, too much like creating your own venues etc. I'll just have to toughen up, they're only pixels after all.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9516 on: March 10, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
Here's a question; when I'm adding venues etc to the map before I start my dynasty can I also add horse feeding/watering stations thingys by using the build/buy option to those venues and parks?

You can add them after you purchase them for the Dynasty requirements. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #9517 on: March 10, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »
Correct.  If you have installed the expansion pack in the middle of your dynasty (because you just bought it or it just came out), then you have to leave that expansion pack on for the rest of your dynasty.

Okay, thank you for clarifying. That was what I thought, but suddenly I wasn't sure if it was right and I was a bit worried, since I got Into the Future and then didn't install it for a while because I was busy.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9518 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:14 AM »
So I can not uninstall seasons to begin the dynasty and then install it again afterwards, as if it had just been purchased? Of course I wasn't going to be on and off with it, oh well, as I like watching the rain and the snow, it gives something else to worry and to hurry sims back indoors and I like playing outdoors, I usually put the easels outside the house for my sims with the loves the outdoors trait and that can not be done with seasons... And with all thefishing and gardening that needs to be done...hmmm
ˇPura vida!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9519 on: March 11, 2014, 10:09:08 AM »
I figured I would share the spreadsheet I've used too:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvsvO6Un6tlIdFpMdVJ3SHJKWjVQZUFoaVRwUktremc&usp=sharing

I wanted to be able to compare each generation by the requirements, rather than one at a time, so I laid mine out differently. If anyone wants to copy it please feel free, I hope it can help.
- Jessica

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9520 on: March 11, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
@Tandrael

Uninstalling seasons then installed it back in when you find it convenient sounds a little bit cheaty, sorry nope can't do that.  Why don't you get the "immune to heat" and "immune to cold" lifetime reward?  The game always start in summer, so you can get the heat one first then buy the cold one later, its only 10,000 LTR points.

Or you can set the game to all year summer and play your dynasty in only summer, you can just buy the "immune to heat" LTR.  If you are worried about your gardening plants not blooming, then setting the seasons to summer all year long will be best.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9521 on: March 11, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »
You can also build greenhouses, and that will alleviate the problem of gardens going dormant.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9522 on: March 11, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
Or use the planter boxes if you have Supernatural. (Pots? Containers?)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9523 on: March 11, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
Good idea leaving it in summer Nutella, thanks, yes, I was worried about my plants not blooming! Also the allergy from spring and that they get sick when they get wet!. And the greenhouse doesn't really work, as it snows inside it as well, unless you give it another roof.

So with the "immune to heat" LTR my sims won't get sunburned? I have to try that!  ::)
ˇPura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9524 on: March 11, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
With the "immune to heat", you can stay out all day long during summer.  You will still get sick and wet though, going to the hospital to get flu shot during fall and also getting a parasol should solve the sick/wet situation.

anything