Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972169 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9525 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
And the greenhouse doesn't really work, as it snows inside it as well, unless you give it another roof.

I've never had a greenhouse fail, or have it snow indoors. If you're using the glass pieces from the premium content, make sure you lay a flat roof down before the glass roof pieces. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean by "another roof."

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9526 on: March 11, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »
I was wondering what the rule was for using the dresser to change a sims clothing/style. Agnus has just spun a wish to have a makeover using the styling station which I know is a no-go but can I use the dresser whenever I want or does that change the age too? ( I actually meant to do it on her adult birthday but I forgot!)
Also it's week 2 day2 in my game and there has still not been a camera in the consignment shop... bummer.  :-\ If I get a camera too late for my founder can I still count the value of photos of the rest of the immortals at the end?
 (Here's assuming I will get to the end  ::) )
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9527 on: March 11, 2014, 11:37:13 PM »
Using the dresser is fine, because it does not reset age. So make Agnes less of a Hagness. ;)

You're not required to have photographs for every life stage. If you miss one stage, you still get to count photos taken for any other life stage.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9528 on: March 11, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
@ Trip,  thanks! I started out intending to absolutely not use Agnus but I gave my founder a promise that she could invite the first person she met into the house... so, long story short, it was Agnus! Unbelievable  :P So to find the love of her life it's the first guy who doesn't get angry after the 'heat of the moment kiss'. lol  She's two guys down so far  :o And one of them who turned her down is none other than Mr. Flirty break everyone's heart Hank!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9529 on: March 11, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »
Oh, I don't know if I made it clear that my idea of unistalling seasons was because I was going to start the game all over from scratch, not unistalling it in the middle, that would be weird. I thought that if you started without an EP and then added it, that wouldn't be a problem. Sorry to insist, I could just keep seasons, but what if I want to get "Generations", that is an EP I don't have and it is not a new one? I got a bit confused with the adding of EP…  :-\
ˇPura vida!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9530 on: March 12, 2014, 01:19:14 AM »
You can install Generations once you obtain it, since you don't currently have it. You cannot then decide later that you want to uninstall it because you find the dolls to be super creepy, however. I believe, however, that since you do currently own Seasons, you either start with it, or you go without the entire duration.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9531 on: March 12, 2014, 02:57:39 AM »
Oh, ok Shirin, thanks… I later thought it might be something like that.

Are the dolls super creepy, by the way? Hehe... :D
ˇPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9532 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:24 AM »
You can install Generations once you obtain it, since you don't currently have it. You cannot then decide later that you want to uninstall it because you find the dolls to be super creepy, however. I believe, however, that since you do currently own Seasons, you either start with it, or you go without the entire duration.

Shirin is absolutely correct.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9533 on: March 12, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
Oh, ok Shirin, thanks… I later thought it might be something like that.

Are the dolls super creepy, by the way? Hehe... :D

Some people find them creepy. I find them creepy as dolls (they have bad habits of walking into the bathroom when the Sim they are attached to is using the toilet or showering/bathing, coupled with their "dolly stroll" UGH) - but they have pretty interesting coloring as non-dolls.

Unfortunately, you can't lock doors against the dolls when they're still imaginary - they just teleport!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9534 on: March 12, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
Pick them up before heading to the bathroom. Turn them loose when you're done. When I make mine real, they usually have lovely traits like inappropriate, flirty, evil, or diva, or maybe all of those. It can be challenging , and yet quite interesting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9535 on: March 12, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
So now my question is...if the doll is in its mobile person state, how do you pick them up? 'Cause if I can shove them in the personal inventory of eternal clutter, prior to going pee pee, I might play with the dolls more.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9536 on: March 12, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
You cannot move them around while in 'mobile person state'. (Lol, I love how you put that.) If your child sim:

-sleeps
-leaves the lot

Then the doll goes back into doll form and you can move it around. I think it also reverts to doll form if you're meant to it.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9537 on: March 12, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
Well darn. I guess the dolls either get turned into future spouses or get relegated to somewhere out of sight.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9538 on: March 12, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »
Yeah......if you look at some of the immortal museums, there are dolls stacked in their museum rooms. I've always thought it was a little depressing.  :-\

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9539 on: March 12, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
I usually just put them in the founders inventory when they arrive in the mail unless I want them for a spouse. I mean, who doesn't want someone who hits on anything that moves living in their household.