Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970408 times)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9495 on: March 10, 2014, 09:38:35 AM »
Playalot: look for descriptions of residents in the town you'll be playing, that helps a lot! That helped me, but I'm still struggling to begin! LOL

The FAQ page is hard to find, thanks Trip for the link, first time I see the link even though I knew the FAQ page existed… it is like the "Bermuda Triangle" LOL!

I think I'll also uninstall Seasons, and install it when my Sims have a house!
¡Pura vida!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9496 on: March 10, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »
Why? Assuming you have Ambitions, go sleep in the firehouse. Assuming you have Island Paradise, buy a tent. If all else fails, a 4x4 house with a toilet and single bed isn't that expensive - you can go to the gym for the shower, and I believe they have a fridge so you can get quick meals there too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9497 on: March 10, 2014, 01:40:51 PM »
@Tandrael

Playing without a certain expansion pack for your dynasty is a one shot deal, you do it at the beginning of the Dynasty and you have to play your whole dynasty without that expansion pack.  You can't add seasons expansion pack back on after your sims have a house.  You have to either play starting with seasons or without seasons for your whole dynasty, sorry.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9498 on: March 10, 2014, 01:50:45 PM »
Starting at $1800 even with seasons expansion pack isn't bad.  Like what Shirin said, you can sleep in the firehouse, you can also shower and eat in the firehouse.  They also have an easel you can use to level painting or have your spouse level painting.  If you befriend a townie, you can always ask to sleep over at their house.  They are also many places you can nap indoors, like library, elixir shop, consignment shop - basically anywhere that have a piece of furniture.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9499 on: March 10, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
Choose the Inappropriate trait and unlock the ability to use anything in someone's house without scrutiny. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #9500 on: March 10, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »
What exactly is the rule on expansion packs? If you have them installed at any point during the game, then you cannot uninstall?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9501 on: March 10, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
What exactly is the rule on expansion packs? If you have them installed at any point during the game, then you cannot uninstall?

Correct.  If you have installed the expansion pack in the middle of your dynasty (because you just bought it or it just came out), then you have to leave that expansion pack on for the rest of your dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9502 on: March 10, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
I figure why waste any time, and the first thing I do is have the helpers move in, and use the funds to build a house.
- Jessica

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9503 on: March 10, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »
I must be doing something wrong as the option to 'ask to move in' just isn't happening in my game. All I get is the option to 'ask to be room mate'.  ???
Also I just hate the way townies have pets in SV but no pet bowls so every time I go visit someone their pet is starving.  ::) Normally I fix that with a quick 'buy on this lot' cheat. Obviously out of bounds for a dynasty.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9504 on: March 10, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »
@Playalot

One of the player suggested this fix earlier.  Use your sim's phone, look for an option that has to do with housing and select 'disable roommate feature'. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9505 on: March 10, 2014, 06:24:59 PM »
You're also ensuring that your relationship is high enough, and the current mood (okay, social, friendly) is showing as friendly, right?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9506 on: March 10, 2014, 06:52:08 PM »
Hi Shirin and Nutella, yes they are best friends, also I have looked for the disable roommate option but it isn't there. I think my games all glitched as my plant won't grow either, so I'm currently doing a massive and total uninstall/reinstall so that everything is 'new' for another attempt.
It will probably take quite a few hours but it's something I should have done ages ago as I often uninstall seasons and pets and then reinstall them depending on what kind of game I feel like playing. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9507 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:43 PM »
Oh, and I've just found out that The Store is down for maintenance... sigh, it's always the way when you want to get things done.  ::)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9508 on: March 10, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »
Ain't that the truth!

There's a non-mod that Trip mentioned to me once (Sims 3 Game Selector, I think) where you can keep the EPs all installed, and just choose what to have active when you next launch it. It might help with the time and effort of (re)installing Seasons and Pets a lot. :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9509 on: March 10, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »
Yes, its the Sim Game Selector 3.0 -- you can find a link here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18653.0.html

Uninstalling and reinstalling just sounds so painful.  I wish EA would concentrate more on customer service and provide us with at least an option to choose which xpac to play with, instead of spamming us with new xpacs so they could make more money.