Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942806 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1230 on: November 05, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »
Good luck, samo! I know you'll pull it off this time. Since Recipe Man married Agnes and had so much money in the beginning he was able to plant a ton of stuff and was planting Special Seeds by day 2 or day 3 I think.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #1231 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »
Good luck, samo! You're braver than I am! I'll never do this challenge -- just getting the rules straight at the beginning nearly drove me insane.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1232 on: November 05, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »
Diana has passed away at 97 Days old, she only had a Property and her Career to complete. So it looks like a restart again.  :-\ I will try much harder this time. So here is my plan...

Diana comes back for round 4 again! She will follow the same plan as last time but start gardening early and get those money trees! She will marry Chris again since it would be a shame to not after all his work.

At what point did you start gardening this time?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1233 on: November 06, 2010, 05:22:11 AM »
I had Diana go on the Culinary Career for a bit in her YA life to get some opportunities I was going to keep her on it but it was getting hard to manage the garden at the same time so she switched.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1234 on: November 06, 2010, 05:33:11 AM »
Well, I might have to try for dynasty 3.  I got the error 12 on my dynasty and although I do have a previous save, it still is not saving.  I had three bad saves and got rid of them and so far it has been ok.  I have not posted anything, because I keep doing it over.  If it does it again, will just start over, but I think I will go to Riverview next.   I hate losing this dynasty, but, hey, I am not the only one and if someone else can do it, I can too.  ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

mystsong

« Reply #1235 on: November 06, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »
Hi! I registered just to say how much I love the idea of this challenge. It's a fantastic idea, I've been looking for something more challenging than the Legacy challenge, but I didn't want to undertake the apocalypse one. This seems to be a perfect middle road. It took me forever to read through everything about it, but I've finally gotten started on it.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1236 on: November 06, 2010, 10:34:04 AM »
@mystsong, welcome to the forum. We're glad you joined us. :) Have fun and ask any questions if you hit roadblocks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mystsong

« Reply #1237 on: November 06, 2010, 11:35:53 AM »
Thanks! I actually just realized I made a major goof with my first real run and have to start over. I wasn't very far at least. And now I remember why I never play in Twinbrook...

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1238 on: November 06, 2010, 05:45:12 PM »
Ok I am ready to do the Dynasty (finally) and I was perusing through the thread for answers to a question on vampires and all it did was raise more questions. I was going to wait until I finished all 125 pages because I didn't want Pam to get me for asking questions already asked :D, but I made it to page 50 and I can't take it anymore. My head is spinning. Sorry Pam. Please forgive me. *hugs*

1. All the way through page 15 (and probably farther) there were all these maxing skill questions. So here's my example: All my immortals maxed and/or 'supermaxed' the charisma skill. Living that long its bound to happen. As long as they each have one of the other 15+ skills maxed-and 'supermaxed', that the other seven immortals don't, I'm all good right?

2. This is a clarification not a question. All the 'spare' Sims, as Metro calls them, can max and 'supermax' any and all skills. Correct? Can they have same careers and LTW also? (Ok I guess that was a question)

3. In my reading there was talk of nectar and traveling and vacations. I probably should have asked this first. Am I required to have World Adventures to do this challenge?

4. And finally my vampire question. Rules say vampires are banned in all towns. How do you turn off vampires? I thought that one of the complaints in other threads was that you are stuck with them whether you like it or not. I have only had LN for bout a week so I haven't figured out everything yet. What about ghosts? Can I marry a ghost and get some ghostie kiddies?

Ok I'm going back to reading the thread. I guess I'm not as ready to start this as I thought I was.  :(

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1239 on: November 06, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
Ok I am ready to do the Dynasty (finally) and I was perusing through the thread for answers to a question on vampires and all it did was raise more questions. I was going to wait until I finished all 125 pages because I didn't want Pam to get me for asking questions already asked :D, but I made it to page 50 and I can't take it anymore. My head is spinning. Sorry Pam. Please forgive me. *hugs*

1. All the way through page 15 (and probably farther) there were all these maxing skill questions. So here's my example: All my immortals maxed and/or 'supermaxed' the charisma skill. Living that long its bound to happen. As long as they each have one of the other 15+ skills maxed-and 'supermaxed', that the other seven immortals don't, I'm all good right?

Correct. There can be some overlap of maxed skills, as long as each immortal can claim a unique SuperMax skill all to their own.

2. This is a clarification not a question. All the 'spare' Sims, as Metro calls them, can max and 'supermax' any and all skills. Correct? Can they have same careers and LTW also? (Ok I guess that was a question)

Immortal's spouses and spare children are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals—their LTW, careers, skills, etc can all overlap if you want. It does not matter because they are not qualifying to eat the Ambrosia.

3. In my reading there was talk of nectar and traveling and vacations. I probably should have asked this first. Am I required to have World Adventures to do this challenge?

No, you are not required to have World Adventures. Assigning Unique LTW and SuperMax skills will obviously be significantly easier if you have all options available to you from the expansions.

4. And finally my vampire question. Rules say vampires are banned in all towns. How do you turn off vampires? I thought that one of the complaints in other threads was that you are stuck with them whether you like it or not. I have only had LN for bout a week so I haven't figured out everything yet. What about ghosts? Can I marry a ghost and get some ghostie kiddies?

You don't turn off vampires. The vampire ban refers to that no household member is allowed to be turned. Spouses need to live a regular, mortal full life, so marrying ghosts is out.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1240 on: November 06, 2010, 06:25:12 PM »
Hi! I registered just to say how much I love the idea of this challenge. It's a fantastic idea, I've been looking for something more challenging than the Legacy challenge, but I didn't want to undertake the apocalypse one. This seems to be a perfect middle road.It took me forever to read through everything about it, but I've finally gotten started on it.

Welcome Mystsong!

I know I'm going to add meaning to the phrase, "curiosity killed the cat" when I ask this because I am so timid to start this challenge and didn't even fully read Pinstar's challenge, but...

What is the apocalypse?

No, you are not required to have World Adventures. Assigning Unique LTW and SuperMax skills will obviously be significantly easier if you have all options available to you from the expansions.

Thanks for clarifying Metro. I'll tell you for a minute there I was really discouraged about not having all the expansions. I  kept making excuses to not start the challenge yet but I am going to do it. Today, I say, today!

Where do I post my progress? Here? How much do I have to have done before I can share?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1241 on: November 06, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »
There is a sims stories section and just start a new thread with the name of your dynasty.  When you have more updates, just find your post and hit reply like you do here in these threads and then write your story.  Once you get started, it will be a breeze for you. :D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

mystsong

« Reply #1242 on: November 06, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
Welcome Mystsong!

I know I'm going to add meaning to the phrase, "curiosity killed the cat" when I ask this because I am so timid to start this challenge and didn't even fully read Pinstar's challenge, but...

What is the apocalypse?
A very very complicate multi-generational challenge that starts with so many restrictions your sims can't even leave the lot except to go to work and you can't cook anything but hot dogs. I can PM you a link to the rules, I don't want to distract from the Dynasty challenge by posting it here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1243 on: November 06, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »
Ok so I go to make my YA Sim in CAS and guess what, Sim family? Game crashed. Is this a bad sign?

Secondly I am calling my challenge the Diamond Dynasty. But the problem is that when she gets married her name will change. Do the couples have to be married? There would still be generations right? If so is there a way she can keep her name? This a new day and age where us ladies prefer to keep our names.  ;D

Also, can I get some suggestions on some names? I got Platinum of course, Sapphire (spelling subject to change). Please PM your suggestions. I don't want them public until I post my stories. And its not relevant to the thread.

Oh which brings me to another question. Can I create the Sims that my household meet and marry? Or is it required that they pre-installed members of society? I didn't see that referenced in the guidelines.

Can I make my Dynasty in the same town as my other saved games? As long as they are on the correct lot? Being mindful of the required settings of course.

mystsong

« Reply #1244 on: November 06, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »
Ok so I go to make my YA Sim in CAS and guess what, Sim family? Game crashed. Is this a bad sign?

Secondly I am calling my challenge the Diamond Dynasty. But the problem is that when she gets married her name will change. Do the couples have to be married? There would still be generations right? If so is there a way she can keep her name? This a new day and age where us ladies prefer to keep our names.  ;D

Also, can I get some suggestions on some names? I got Platinum of course, Sapphire (spelling subject to change). Please PM your suggestions. I don't want them public until I post my stories. And its not relevant to the thread.

Oh which brings me to another question. Can I create the Sims that my household meet and marry? Or is it required that they pre-installed members of society? I didn't see that referenced in the guidelines.

Can I make my Dynasty in the same town as my other saved games? As long as they are on the correct lot? Being mindful of the required settings of course.

1. If your sim proposes her husband will take her name instead, so no worries there.

2. The rules state you can't use Edit Town except under certain conditions, so you wouldn't be able to move them into town if you did.

3. I don't know for certain but I suspect the answer is no. Most challenges require you to start in a fresh 'hood.

On your unrelated note, try googling lists of precious stones and metals. I'm using precious gems for my Dynasty (The Minnerials, har har.) and I found a bunch of good names that way.

anything