Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941929 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1365 on: November 17, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about the bugs, Anushka. :( I was really hopefully that the release of Late Night would clear up many old issues.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1366 on: November 18, 2010, 05:09:23 AM »
Thanks Metro, it is comforting to at least know someone who understand.
I played them again, and so far, only that blank pic on main menu is threatening. No other visible bugs appeared. Also, it seems that it is safe for one generation to travel, each time I sent more than one generation some problem occurred, otherwise it is fine. I was very surprised to see that teens can travel alone and do adventures, and no curfew appear, weather alone or with adults on trip. Well, I'll play as long as I can, but I'm really afraid when look at all those blank pics in main menu.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1367 on: November 18, 2010, 05:14:25 AM »
@Anushka:

I was also having many problems with Error 12 and 13 in my dynasty.  I did a clean reinstall when Late Night came out and it is much better now.

Edit:  Well, this is interesting.  As soon as I posted this, my travel to France got bugged.  When my Sims arrived, they don't appear along the left of my screen.  Nor could I quit the game through the menu.  I had to use Task Manager to shut the game down.  Then I started the game again and tried to go to France again.  Same thing happened and I again used Task Manager to close the game.  Very strange.  I had traveled with these same Sims only a few Sim days ago with no problem at all.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #1368 on: November 18, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
I'm just thankful that the new expansion added some skill options because it makes it easier to avoid travel altogether.  Instead of Martial Arts I'm planning to just do Athletic skill.  And instead of Nectar Making I'm going to do Mixology.  Plus there are the new instrument skills, which I realize would be more challenging but certainly possible.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1369 on: November 18, 2010, 12:03:55 PM »
Pam, sorry to hear about traveling bug, I know how frustrating it can be. I didn't get error 12 before nor after that one time, since I clean cache files and .bad saved files regularly, and all other recommended stuff, but expect more of it in future as family grows.
Aria, it seems that all instruments are challenging the same way guitar is, but as for nectar making and martial arts, you basically need 2 trips to China (or one very long) and one to France to be able to supermaster them. Still I love how all immortals can have 2 special skills now, one to supermax and one to have fun with:D
Anyway, my teen safely returned from second trip to China, and I'll see if she'll travel to France or Egypt.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1370 on: November 18, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »
My new plan for the Jade Dynasty:

Supermaxes

1 - Gardening (Gardening)
2 - Painting (Painting)
3 - Sculpting (Sculpting)
4 - Inventing (Inventor)
5 - Athletic (Sports)
6 - Fishing (Business - Due to my failures at the fishing career before)
7 - Logic (Medical)
8 - Mixology (Mixologist)

Maxes:
Cooking
Charisma

Does this sound achieveable?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1371 on: November 18, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
Samoht, I haven't tried to supermax all of those skills, so maybe someone else can respond on that point.  My only caution is that you have a lot of self-employed sims planned, and my experience has been that it's very difficult to get enough opportunities for them.  Of course, if you take the celebrity opps, that will make things easier.  But I don't think there are really that many different celebrity opportunities, and you'll only be able to use them once.  The opportunity issue is why I decided to give all my later generations regular jobs.  Of course, you could always have your self-employed sims take a rabbit-hole job long enough to get a couple of opportunities, then quit and become self-employed.  That's what I did with my painter.  Good luck with the new Jade Dynasty.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1372 on: November 18, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »
Another thing with being self employed is that your Sim might not meet a whole lot of people. So getting  six best friends could be harder.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1373 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
Another thing with being self employed is that your Sim might not meet a whole lot of people. So getting  six best friends could be harder.

That shouldn't be too much of an issue assuming a self-employed Sim got to know a handful of kids while in elementary school/high school.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1374 on: November 19, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »
Samoht, almost every plan is doable, but some are harder. I would leave inventing last, took sculpting earlier since it take long to get nevermelting ice, and mixology is not a career, so you can go with business, music politics or something like that for mixology supermax.

I encounter strange bug while playing. Spare master ghostbuster career and I sent him to his last job but first he  became invisible in Sim menu, and no LTW, then soon he turned back (but not his LTW that he fullfilled a long time ago). His uniform vanished and he was naked without censure until I told him to change into everyday. He looked like Ken doll so no big deal, but it was too funny seeing him banishing spirits naked in fog.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1375 on: November 19, 2010, 12:35:45 PM »
I have a question about the Vine Vizard skill challenge in the Nectar Making Skill - the skill challenge where you have to use 400 bunches of homegrown grapes.  I've just been reading the thread about this in World Adventures and it sounds like this skill challenge is bugged.  Some people have been able to complete the skill challenge using certain kinds of grapes only, others haven't been able to complete it at all.  I have been keeping track of the homegrown grapes my nectar maker has used and she's over 400 at this point.  I plan to go for 450 or so, because some of the batches may not have been counted owing to the save problems I was having one day.  When my count reaches 450, I will be sure the "real" number is at least 400.  Can I take credit for this skill challenge even if it's still greyed out?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1376 on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:22 PM »
Can I take credit for this skill challenge even if it's still greyed out?

Yes. If you know you've done 400, then you're good to call it completed. No need to do more.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1377 on: November 19, 2010, 12:50:11 PM »
Yes. If you know you've done 400, then you're good to call it completed. No need to do more.

Thanks very much for the quick response!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1378 on: November 19, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
I have a plan in mind for Kumquat my third generation immortal, I just wanted to run it by people to see if its is workable. At the moment she is still a young adult. She is working on supermaxing logic and wants to top the medical career. My plan is to get all the logic challenges completed before she even gets a job in the medical field. I feel that trying to combine the two might be too much at once.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1379 on: November 19, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
@Rachel:

That's what Cinnamon Dreamweaver did:  Logic and Medical.  She had no trouble at all doing both.  She's a Workaholic and a Genius, so it wasn't difficult for her.  She joined the medical career right after high school and managed to do both at the same time.  She didn't marry or have a child until she was at the top of her career.  I think that made more difference than anything.  She didn't have to deal with maternity leave while she was still climbing her career ladder.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything