Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970908 times)

Offline revolution724

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1530 on: December 11, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »
Could someone provide a list of which are properties and which are businesses?  Not sure how I can get 8 of each?

When you check real estate, there is a column where each buyable community lot is described as "business" or "property." 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1531 on: December 11, 2010, 04:15:02 PM »
Could someone provide a list of which are properties and which are businesses?  Not sure how I can get 8 of each?

When you use the cell phone to see available properties, it will indicate which are buildings and which are properties.  You need one of each for each of your Immortals.

I also wanted to place some of the Late Night buildings, but can't figure out where I am actually supposed to put them, none of the lots are big enough, and you can't make your own like in sims 2, do I need to delete properties already there?

In Sunset Valley, I put the bars up on Pinocle Point.  I used the World Editor in Edit Town to put down empty lots large enough for some of them.  They aren't right on the street, but my Sims don't have any trouble getting to them.  And it's not the most aesthestically pleasing with the hills and such, but it works.  I put the movie studio on the other side of the Landgraab house from where my family lives.  Again, I had to use the World Editor to put down an empty lot big enough, but it works.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1532 on: December 11, 2010, 06:22:56 PM »
This may sound like a stupid question. but is there an interaction : Paint x Sim, or do you do a still life of the Sim for the portrait?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1533 on: December 11, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »
This may sound like a stupid question. but is there an interaction : Paint x Sim, or do you do a still life of the Sim for the portrait?

Your target Sim needs to be on the lot. Then click on the easel and you'll see "Paint a portrait of..."

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1534 on: December 11, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »
Your target Sim needs to be on the lot. Then click on the easel and you'll see "Paint a portrait of..."

What level painting do you need?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1535 on: December 11, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
What level painting do you need?

Level 7.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1536 on: December 12, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »
If you complete the Immortal Dynasty challenge is that your one and only shot at the hall of fame. The reason I ask is because I know I could get a higher museum value if I tried again. I don't need to start again right now and I won't I was just wondering if it was a one shot deal.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1537 on: December 12, 2010, 04:22:24 PM »
No, you can do the dynasty challenge as often as you want, as this challenge doesn't count towards the ranking system.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1538 on: December 13, 2010, 02:05:51 AM »
Ratchie, you would do this again? Respect! I would also be able to get higher value items, but no way I'm going through this again!
Now the question, first does anyone knows if sleeping in blessed sarcophagus change traits as sleeping in cursed one does? And if it does, can my immortal sleep in it after eating ambrosia?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1539 on: December 13, 2010, 02:09:15 AM »
Now the question, first does anyone knows if sleeping in blessed sarcophagus change traits as sleeping in cursed one does? And if it does, can my immortal sleep in it after eating ambrosia?

I don't know for sure if it would or not.  Just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't do it.  My suggestion for keeping your Immortals out of the sarcophagus is to put a rope fence around it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1540 on: December 13, 2010, 02:12:13 AM »
I need some help with Life Time Wants for the Dynasty, here are the Skills I have decided on.

- All can work on Charisma
1.Gardening, Cooking.
2.Painting, Writing.
3.Sculpting, Photography.
4.Athletic, Handiness.
5.Inventing, Handiness.
6.Fishing.
7.Nectar.
8.Logic.

Life Time Wants:

1. Perfect Garden
2. Master of the Arts (Painting and Writing)
3. X
4. Physical Perfection
5. X
6. CEO
7. Bottomless Cellar
8. World Renowned Surgeon

Do those sound like good mixes? The reason the Fisherman is going into to Business is because I don't see how I could possibly complete the Fishing Career.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1541 on: December 13, 2010, 02:35:47 AM »
@samoht04:

Why are generations 4 and 5 both maxing Handiness?  I know an Inventor will almost certainly have to also max Handiness, but why will the athlete do it?  Did you perhaps mean to put Martial Arts?

My Inventing/Handiness generation had Living in the Lap of Luxury.  And my Sculptor generation had Renaissance Sim.

Have you successfully completed Master of the Arts in the past?  That one is personally difficult for me and I've avoided it in the Dynasty.  Wait a minute.  Isn't the one with Painting and Writing called Illustrious Author?  Master of the Arts is Painting and Guitar, I think.

CEO is an odd choice for the Fishing skill generation, but I understand about the Fishing career.  I haven't tried it myself, but I imagine it's difficult.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1542 on: December 13, 2010, 02:53:47 AM »
Illustrious Author is $4000 Royalties, there is a Painting + Writing One which I have done a lot. Agnes has done it, Dafy did it as well. Gabriella is on Level 9 Painting already, also does anyone know if those decorate the 'Offices' reward money affects the Painting Career, if she gets a lot for it like $60,000 then that would be a huge help.

I think I meant to put Martial Arts, before I decided I was thinking of the Military Career because Athletics you can not do a 'Work Hard'. So I am unsure. There are two money LTW so maybe the Sculptor could have one and the Inventor the other. The 'Rolling in Cash' and the 'Be worth X amount'.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1543 on: December 13, 2010, 03:30:20 AM »
@samoht04:

No, the $4,000 in royalties is Professional Author.  Master of the Arts is Painting and Guitar.  Illustrious Author is Painting and Writing.  Here's the Guide page if you need a good reference for choosing an LTW.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1544 on: December 13, 2010, 04:50:05 AM »
Thanks Pam, I'll do it as you suggest.
Samoht, my 4th gen is now 8 level of athletic career and still have 12 days till elder birthday. And she have a child so no maternity leave will slow her down. It is doable, specially since she has only one day off in a week. So don't worry about that career.
Fishing is easy to max, I had an angler who max it by selling death fish (perfect if possible since  they are worth around 2000$, but not obligatory) I did force him just to fish no other skills and nothing else except eat, bath, little chat at dinner and sleep, so he max career much before elder birthday. Huge help is fishing on vacations, so get him/her a tent and let him fish that dragon fish as much as you can. Make shore you fish with bait since it will help a lot. It is not really hard and there are plenty of opps for fishing too .
I would leave writting and charisma as a reserve. Both of those skills are easy to supermax and you can do it while on vacation.
And Martial arts, Pam, why is it hard for you? My teen supermax it, she was sparing mostly with her uncle(spare in dynasty), breaking oak boards (five in one move), meditating a lot and won a tournament, none was hard to do. When fatigue, she meditated and it was all done pretty fast.
Samoht, LTW can surprise you when they pop up. I had my adventurer martial artists wanting to max journalism! Swimming in cash, and Living in a lap of luxury are supereasy. Maxing targeted career is also easy. If you leave athletic free (and chose martial arts instead) you get Forensic for painter, International spy for logic, and military for handyman.  Plus Criminal and Athletic career.

Pam, how's mixology going? I'm afraid of that one challenge, serving 60 Sims, have you done it already?