Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 433071 times)

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #960 on: December 09, 2012, 06:58:04 AM »
I have two notepads on my desk. One is for notes from school and the other is notes from sims, the sad thing is my sims notepad has more written in it  :D
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #961 on: December 10, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »
I need to check this thread more often. :D

On the contrary, you know you've been playing too little Sims when you spend more of your free time elsewhere.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Annenator

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #962 on: December 10, 2012, 01:19:23 AM »
I just tried to speed 3 the loading of a website. It was a Sims website but still.

I also try to use ` to pause youtube videos.  It's annoying that it doesn't work!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #963 on: December 10, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
I also try to use ` to pause youtube videos.  It's annoying that it doesn't work!
You don't know how many times I have done that.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #964 on: December 10, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »
You know you play Sims and role play to much when...
I'm part of a Batman RP (role play) and yesterday we were planning the future wedding of Barba Gordan and Richard 'Dick' Grayson-Wanye. Now we have everything picked out to the tiniest deatail, and I get the idea to go into CAS and  see how'd they look in the clothes we picked. You throw a hissy fit when you realize that you don't have the right EP for the tux and your parents don't buy you SimPoints to get the corret wedding dress. :'( But the clothes you DO have are close enough to what you need! ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #965 on: December 10, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »
Or how about when your 2 months pregnant with morning sickness lying on the couch with your hubby behind you playing the Sims.  You hear the baby chimes after woohoo and you demand it be turned down so you don't have to hear the sound effect of a Sim barfing because it'll make YOU barf!   :P  >:(

--Proud Mom of a United States Soldier!
--My first girl nooboo due 4/16/13!!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #966 on: December 11, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »
...when you're playing World of Warcraft, and you see the mushroom trees in Zangarmarsh, and you think, "Oh, I can plant those in the Sims."

Ha. How about you're riding one of the gryphons in World of Warcraft, and instead of just alt-tabbing during the taxi ride, you actually try to pause the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #967 on: December 11, 2012, 08:47:14 PM »
You go off on a business trip and each night you sit up with your laptop in your bedroom and type up plans for future sim challenges (I have planned the 'Spamalot' Immortal Dynasty for that new walled world and a Watt-Hart immortal dynasty). Oh and you start writing fan fiction about these families and townies.

Edit: Also while you are on said business trip you come into Carl's The Sms 3 Guide to post about that :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #968 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:26 AM »
You're reviewing the schematic plans for a heritage listed building and you think, hmm, if only sims 3 had italiante style cornice trusses, I could so built that in my game.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Laida

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #969 on: December 12, 2012, 06:37:24 PM »
When you sit in car and drive pass many old houses and think the all time "Hmm, those I have build similar, oh! This one I would build... I would paint it to heaven-blue and add some windows" and go on... It happens always xD

Also with different people in subway. "This woman I could make to a cruel woman.. With the Evil trait, so with Chrismatic... Hm, what is the next?" I easily occupied with those things! :P

Offline jasjam

• Nooboo
« Reply #970 on: December 13, 2012, 04:11:23 AM »
I agree with you, Laida. After a while I'm thinking about my Sims in my free times and it always gets funny...  ;D

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #971 on: December 13, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »
You know you've played too much Sims when you stay out in the night on 13-14 December and you watch the "Geminid" meteor shower for several hours and somehow you remember the aliens from Sims2 or Sims3Seasons that may appear at nightime when you watch much time the sky.  By the way everybody,be careful and WATCH OUT FOR THE ALIEN ABDUCTION !!!!  hahaha... ;D
Edit.later on: Enjoyed a nice meteor shower and saw several geminids falls and it is a superb-unique cosmic phenomenon that no human should miss.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #972 on: December 14, 2012, 06:26:08 AM »
You are at an appointment, and the person who called for you to be there comments on 'growing a money tree in the backyard' ... and you think "so you play sims 3 as well then, lady?

Louise56

« Reply #973 on: December 18, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »
When you're playing the game and you can't understand why the theme song is playing, think it is a weird new bug or something. Then you realize it is your phone! Yes the sims3 theme is my ringhtone. ::)

Offline Saga

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #974 on: December 18, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »
Not so much for playing too much but addiction: you are leaving for 10 day holiday in 4 days and have not washed clothes you need to pack nor have cleaned the apartment because you are too busy playing sims. Oh add barely getting anything done for Christmas (presents, decorations etc) but your sims home is decorated for snowflake day....