Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126953 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #450 on: May 22, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
Ahw, that's sad. :(
Do they still love each other?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #451 on: May 22, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
Their relationship is maxed out green! It's been an interesting relationship to play based on wishes, that's for sure. Maybe Tu's inadvertent "scouting" trip when Patrick was a nooboo wasn't such a good idea after all? I would hate to live my life's destiny if it was predetermined by someone other than me, I'd want to make my own destiny thank you very much!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #452 on: May 22, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
Me too.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #453 on: May 22, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
Their relationship is maxed out green! It's been an interesting relationship to play based on wishes, that's for sure. Maybe Tu's inadvertent "scouting" trip when Patrick was a nooboo wasn't such a good idea after all? I would hate to live my life's destiny if it was predetermined by someone other than me, I'd want to make my own destiny thank you very much!
That's an interesting way to play, considering half the time Sims come up with some strange, random desires.

Good luck on finishing the dynasty, I did have fun reading up to here.  :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
Thanks for stopping by, Iflana! I'm glad you like my little Dynasty story.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #455 on: May 23, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »
Not today. It's Patrick's life, his story to tell.  :D
Oh man. I would hate it too if my life was decided for me, but that's the fun of being flesh and blood vs. pixels haha.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #456 on: May 29, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
One of the nicest things about not catching up regularly is that I get to read a lot at once and am not generally stuck 'in suspense' but, aargh, you got me this time.  Hmm, I so wonder what Patrick has been up to.  (And I love the way that you've not been telling us  ;D)

Great updates - especially the romance of the final trip to China.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:06 AM »
Ok, I just finished reading this whole story. Took me hours (yesterday and today) and I was only reading the story bit, not the comments. Thought I'd finally tackle the huge number of stories on this forum by reading the one by the best fan of my own story. And I must say lily, I'm impressed. This story is funny and interesting. I like that you still have the immortals do fun and interesting stuff after the story doesn't centre around them anymore. And the first person is interesting, gives me ideas for my own story.  :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #458 on: June 08, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
Thanks Gheez and Pally! It makes me feel awesome to know that people are enjoying my story!

To all my readers, I meant to come back to the Sunbursts after I finished the RH Challenge but installing Generations has seriously messed up my game play. It's not a Dynasty breaker but my heart's been broken. All my Sim's photographs are gone from their inventories, the digital picture frames (where I was storing my museum photos to save space), and the cameras. Also, I can't access paintings, gems, metals from personal inventories - not a game breaker as I stayed on top of hanging up museum portraits so I'm not missing any, thank goodness. It just makes me mad because it seems like every time I've needed a break from my Dynasty - to play a challenge or a mental break - when I'm ready to come back to it, something is wrong!

The Sunburst story will continue when I come to terms with playing without my hard-earned museum photos, but right now I just can't enjoy my game. Sorry guys.

On a happier note, this means I might actually get around to building the houses I've had tabbed for ages! Keep an eye on the Swap Shop for those.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #459 on: June 08, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, but I totally understand! When the time comes, I'll be here waiting, whether you pick this Dynasty up again or start something new.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #460 on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »
Oh lilygirl, I'm so sorry that you've had this problem - I understand how heartbreaking it is.  My game has been wonky since Generations came out, too, and I'm so glad I pushed hard to get the Starrs done beforehand.  In the meantime I'll be happily waiting for some more wonderful houses.  I hope you get to a point where you are ready to pick up the Sunbursts again, but even if you decide to start a different dynasty or project, I'll be reading!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2011, 05:10:10 AM »
It's awful about these glitches. I did find if you travel, it resets the inventory but it won't make the pictures come back.  :'( I'll still be here if/when you play again. Sending you hugs and good luck.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2011, 07:56:50 AM »
I've already told you how sorry I am about the photo problem.  We've lost all photos for the Steels, too.  When you decide to come back though, I'll be waiting to read your story whether it's this one or another one.   At least you're not going to quit the game, I can't wait to see what you put up in the Swap Shop.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #463 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »
I guess I got over my heart break faster than I thought, I've been playing these guys all week! My photographs are still messed up in game and new photos taken don't show up in the camera so I don't know what's going to happen with them in a future patch. But we're back.

~~~~~

Fyve: Week 30 - Sunday to Friday. Yes, Saturday is good enough to be it's own update!

Sunday starts of fabulously! The sun is shining, there's a slight breeze on the air, and it's my birthday! I finally get to be a mature adult. I've recently bought the Twinbrook Community Swimming Pool and renamed it something I can't remember. I want to have a pool party to show off my new property so I spend the morning upgrading the daylights out of this place! The building and fence get a face lift to a more neutral grey tone so that the new and fabulous Hot Pink and Purple upgrades POP! I schedule the party for early afternoon so Grandma Therie can be a part of my party this time.

My Mom, Fhore, and Grandma Therie try out the new Slip-N-Slide with a friend of mine.

Patrick and Grandpa Tu hit the swimming pool while I start a game of hopscotch with a couple friends.

Grandpa Wunn and Uncle Franklin arrive late and take over the hopscotch area when everyone else jumps in the pool.

Then the time comes for me to blow out my candles. I know I'm not supposed to say this out loud, and technically if I write it here it's not actually said out loud, I wish for my Patrick to want a nooboo. I'm trying really hard to wait patiently but today is my birthday and I'm starting to get old! I want a nooboo while Patrick and I are still young enough to enjoy him or her, and not be mistaken for grandparents!

Check out the crowd! Everyone made it out to the pool for some water fun and cake.

I get home from the party and wander into Grandpa Wunn's room, I guess it's reflex after a birthday party. I look at myself in the mirror, I still look fabulous! Wait, are those ... oh no, it can't be! ... not wrinkles! They're all over my face, around my eyes and my mouth. Oh no, is my chin starting to sag?!! I throw myself at the mirror and dresser in hopes that a makeup and wardrobe change will make the wrinkles disappear. I don't think it worked. *Sigh*

Uncle Franklin, in an attempt to empty our China chests of all things grab-able, unleashes the Gnome Army on Grandpa Wunn's garden. He's going to have a heart attack when he gets home from work, that's for sure! [The Gnomes are all that remain of my Gnomes, Metals, Gems, Fruits/Veggies, Paintings, Relics, and WA Collections stored in my 3 chests. I don't know why or how it all disappeared, but it's all gone now too! Grrr! *Sigh* So, enjoy the Gnomes.] One of the Laundry Gnomes is watching TV and the other has gone MIA. Please meet Gnomes Eins bis Siebzehn (1 through 17, in German). Wunn is going to have a fit!

Lucky for all of us, the Gnomes decide to have a meeting in the front driveway and Wunn's fit of rage was a mere "if I find a single one of those things in my garden ... !" as he headed out to check on his garden. Oh look, the second Laundry Gnome came back!

I'm on a mission this week! What mission you ask. Well, it involves hanging out at the gym watching Patrick's band play when I should be in bed sleeping, suggesting Patrick take a couple days off work to "pursue his LTW" and relax, and, most importantly, winning the award for Best Immortal Dynasty Immortal Spouse Ever!

See, Patrick, relaxation is fun!

Fingers, toes, and limbs all crossed this isn't a response to those bloody floor hygienators laying around the house that are constantly making me sick!

Sandi comes by the house to inspect the progress Uncle Franklin and Mom are making on rebuilding our gem collections. It looks like she gets more than she bargains for! Since there is an empty spot in the house, Uncle Franklin takes the opportunity to propose to Sandi. Although they can't get married, at least now they're a step closer to the family they've been this whole time.

Dad makes his first ghostly appearance this week. He didn't even wake anyone up except Mom when he crawled into bed beside her for a nap. [No red glow this time.]

Uncle Franklin's youngest 2 boys, Lenny and Mitchell, age up into teens this week and Uncle Franklin rolls the wish to teach Lenny to drive. It takes 3 after school sessions and some serious de-stressing before bed for Uncle Franklin but the boy earns himself a Driver's License! Although, I'm wondering, is it legal to allow a teenager without a license to drive a squad car? I mean there has to be something in their work rules that makes this not OK!

So, yeah, I'm pregnant! YAY for hot tub "Patrick, the water's too hot to get pregnant in" woohoo! *Does seriously-way-more-excited-than-when-I-got-to-China Happy Dance!* Patrick must know somehow though because he rolls the nooboo wish the morning after the hot tub fun, before I even know I'm pregnant! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

Mom is super excited as well! She spends a few hours telling the nooboo all about the Grandpa he or she will never be able to meet because his death was necessary to make room for the nooboo. It brought us both to tears for a moment.

But nooboo equals happiness! In celebration, I do what all first time expecting moms do: I buy the most awesome latest gadget! And of course, take it for a spin. Now, no lectures on how this "can't be good for nooboo." I say if it's good for mom, it's good for nooboo!

Mom would like me to interject for her here. She finally broke Space Rock number 250! The long trip to China certainly helped a lot but here is #250 biting the dust. Can you see the Gnome? I can't see the Gnome!

Patrick is as excited for the nooboo as I am! YAY for birthday wishes that come true! He waits on me hand and foot, comes home early from work, and spends all evening with me doing whatever I want to do. [Yay for my first maternity leave in 3 generations!] Now I'm more sure than ever that Dad's worries were unfounded, my Patrick loves me and would never do anything to hurt me or our family.

See, he even sits out on the back deck to watch the stars with me and our growing nooboo. Did you know Patrick can find and name all the stars, comets, satellites, and planets I discovered and named for science? *Sigh* I'm so in love with this man of mine. He wants a girl and I want a boy, so we're letting nature take its course and surprise us.

All four of Uncle Franklin's boys aged up this week [weird!] and Patrick managed to track down the youngest 3 for makeovers and pictures. Left to Right: this is Jarod (2nd oldest), who is now a YA; Lenny (3rd oldest), who is now a teen with a Driver's License; and Mitchell (youngest), who is now a teen as well, minus the Driver's License - for now I'm told.

Patrick's working on tracking down the oldest, Marty, for me but since his girlfriend Haeju has aged into a YA as well, I'm thinking they're busy. We'll catch them out and about sooner or later, no worries.

Next Time: Read the awesomeness that is Saturday!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #464 on: June 15, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
Yay for an update!
And congrats for Fyve.

anything