Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126890 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2011, 04:17:03 AM »
Wow, Haeju is such a beautiful (and weird) young lady! Happy birthday everyone! LOL I love that vampire's makeover. Cool!
Awesome update, Lily! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2011, 04:32:07 AM »
Happy Birthday to Franklin and Patrick!

A lot of the townies at the party look fabulous! I guess Patrick had something to do with that? Stylists are just so cool aren't they?!

*cough* Even if it were just for that one shirtless vampire in the gym *cough*

Awesome update as always!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Feefel

« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2011, 09:10:48 AM »

Really late reply incoming, but this picture made me so sad. :/

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »
Thanks for reading guys!

@ Chronic: What makes Haeju weird? I kind of like her black/blue/purple hair, make-up free it makes her blue eyes pop. I got really tired of the same old black, brown, orange, red, and blonde hair colour categories so I decided to spice things up a bit.

@ Phye: Yes, Patrick had something to do with the well-dressed townies. I took a close look at the dancing picture and I think the only one there he hasn't done is the guy right in the middle, in front of Patrick, wearing the white shirt/black shorts one piece outfit from WA. I can't remember if Patrick's caught him yet; there are still some townies out there that haven't gotten the Patrick Baker Makeover Magic treatment. Franklin's 3rd son, Lenny, is the black haired kid on the left. At the time the picture was taken, he hadn't been made-over yet but we caught up with him at a party he and Mitchell followed their mom to.

The male shirtless athletic wear is in this season because my Sims spend a lot of time at their gym/dance bar and well, why hide nice toned abs?

@ Feefel: Welcome to the forum! And to my story. I love that picture of Marc catching the glowy butterfly. I have it set as the desktop picture on my laptop, still after all this time. For me it's a bittersweet picture, Marc seems so enthralled and happy in that moment but he had to suffer the mortal fate of death shortly thereafter. I'm sad but it also makes me smile at the same time.

~~~~~

Fvye: Week 29 Wednesday and Thursday - The Immortals Keep Busy

So the last 3 days weren't crazy enough for you? Well, here's the thing. Dad turns 90 on Friday, I become an Adult on Sunday, and 4 wishes have been rolled for a wedding. To grant my Dad's wish to see me married I talk Patrick into moving to wedding up from Saturday to Wednesday, today! I want to stay away from Dad's 90th day because it's his special day, the day the Grim Reaper has circled on his schedule for his appointment with my Dad. We all would like for the Grim to be late so no parties. It will be my first at home with just the family birthday party but for my Dad I will do just about anything.

I insist on throwing a bonefide wedding party and change the venue from our usual Central Park to Grandpa Wunn's Fishing Pond out on the road to the Military base. The Pond has been upgraded with bathrooms, picnic tables, and grills so the guests will be provided for. And I get wedding pictures that are different from our recently usual birthday party!

There's a tiny little peninsula into the lake just big enough for two and that's where Patrick and I take our places. The exchange of rings:

The husband and wife kiss:

I love how Patrick's white suit jacket off-sets my black and Hot Pink dress!

The whole family made it out to the second Sunburst party in as many days, plus a few friends as per the usual. I invite Haeju again as per Uncle Franklin's request. I think he sees grandchildren in the future, and if he's lucky he'll actually get to meet them. Marty seems to have a tendency for ignoring the formal attire request.

Then dancing takes over the party while Grandma Therie grills up a couple batches of hamburgers and salmon for everyone. Marty dancing with his girlfriend, Haeju, as the sun starts to set:

[Can you tell I'm super excited about this teen romance?!]

Mom and Dad showing off their moves with eyes only for each other. I hope Patrick and I are still that much in love when we reach their age.

After having one of Grandma Therie's hamburgers, I break out the marshmallows for something sweet to end the night with. Dad joins me by the fire. I look like a pig eating 3 marshmallows to his 1! With the guests eating or dancing, he tells me about his place in this Dynasty and how he followed through with his career as a criminal because that was his dream, and becoming a part of a Dynasty where the spouses have to honour their appointment with the Grim, he needed and insisted on the freedom to be himself. My Mom fell in love with and married him knowing it was an all or nothing deal. He wants me to understand where Patrick is and what he might be feeling, does he know that Grandpa Tu picked him out for me the day after he was born? I guess Dad has also noticed Patrick's late nights and sudden extremes in ambitions, and he's worried for me.

Now I'm worried too!

Thursday finds everyone around town doing their own things, it seems almost all of us now have Thursdays off.

Patrick doesn't have the day off but heads for the library anyway to show off his keyboard skills for vampire Jeb, and convinces the guy to start a band with him. (Is this another ambition extreme I should be worried about?) May I present the first members of the Night of Lords and Ladies, and Pat band. They are currently looking for 2 more talented individuals, preferably ladies, to round out their group.

Grandpa Tu gets himself away from his sculpting stations and out of the house. He invites is new best friend for a game of Shuffleboard over at the gym. I didn't know he has a competitive streak! It's not nice to intimidate your best friend, Grandpa Tu, you're scaring him.

Grandpa Wunn and Grandma Therie also find their way to the gym. Their showdown involves finding the ever elusive Tunnel System entrance on this lot.

Grandma Therie remembers that we haven't shown off her new car yet, as has been done for Grandpa's Wunn and Tu. Well, here it is. A gorgeous Blue convertible with Lilac (for Moses) and Violet (for Wilbert) accents. Grandma Therie is actually the one to drive it today. [I hate the "set as preferred" instead of the old "set ownership" on cars, everybody drives which ever car they want. Grrr!]

Next: China! 4 go in search of treasure, gems, friends, and those elusive last 2 skill points.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
Congratulations on the wedding!

Yay for teen romance!

Don't worry.. you'll find that tunnel entrance yet.  Oh and I love that car!!!  Awesome update
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
Congratulations on the lovely wedding...do I hear the pitter-patter of nooboo feet?

Haeju is beautiful - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for grandbabies!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #411 on: May 20, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
Beautiful wedding, great job, I just keep my Sims cars in their inventory, I don't have room for a garage on my tiny little lot anyway.  They only drive their own car that way, so that's a plus.

I like Haeju's hair by the way, it's very colorful. Patricks beautifying escapades make me want to do makeovers, for the first time ever!  So good job whetting my Simming appetite  ;)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #412 on: May 20, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »
Congrats on the wedding!
Well, you named the reason she is weird - her hair color - yourself! ;D But I like it, weird doesn't mean bad, does it?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #413 on: May 20, 2011, 04:36:41 PM »
Congrats on the wedding! Haeju's hair is gorgeous!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #414 on: May 20, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
Great updates!
When are the nooboo's coming? ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #415 on: May 20, 2011, 08:20:58 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! One more for today but I'm saving the best one for tomorrow!

@ Rica: I think Tu found the tunnel entrance last week but I/he must have filled it in during a spaced out moment. I love Therie's car too! That reminds me, I don't think I've ordered one for Fhore yet.

@ Katluvr and Simstar: I'm waiting on Patrick to roll the wish to have a child. There's no pressure on him yet because the house is full at the moment: Wunn to Fyve, plus Ernesto, Franklin, and Patrick. Soon perhaps, the clock is ticking for Ernesto.

@ Juxt: My main complaint with the cars is that there are more than enough for everybody! A few past spouses brought a car with them when they moved in, Ernesto, Fyve, and Patrick each have one of these in their inventories. I think they just all prefer driving the smancy fancy cars instead of their sloppy jalopies or big lemons, so it's first come first served.

@ Chronic: Weird isn't bad, I sometimes like to call myself weird but my husband says I'm just a little crazy. :D

Thank you for the compliment on Haeju's hair, Esther!

~~~~~

China Trip #3: Near the End of Week 29

Travelers: Ernesto and Fhore - it's their place and Ernesto is suppose to earn them a Vacation Home while Fhore's breaking space rocks. Franklin - he rolled a wish to visit China and he'll be working on maxing the MA skill and learning the art of breaking space rocks. Fyve - she recently complained that she's the only one in the house that hasn't traveled yet (I guess she forgot about Patrick) and she'll be maxing her Charisma skill while making friends.

Length of Stay: Up to 11 days to give Ernesto plenty of time to earn that Vacation Home. Flight home is probably early if this happens in the first couple days and I get bored.

Flight Leaves: Right now!

~

Fyve:

*Skipping/dancing* I'm in China! I'm in China! I can't believe I'm in China! With my parents. *Pause* Eh, whatever. *Continues skipping/dancing* I'm in China! WOOT!

Dad snaps a quick picture of me in front of the hotel as a memento for me before we all split up. Uncle Franklin and Mom head over to the Academy for some good ol' rock smashing! OK, so Uncle Franklin's still working on the foamy boards but he'll get there. They have the whole place to themselves for most of the day each day. Kind of weird, especially since Mom said there was always people there when her and Dad were in China last time. I get bored there rather quickly, since I'm not allowed to touch the dummy and frankly, I don't want to play chess with myself (I know all my moves!) or discover any more stars.

I hit the hotel one morning to find the announcement of the sale at the General Store had reached the other tourists! TeeHee, I just had to giggle at their matching outfits and funny hats. There for a while, I really thought the ladies were going to stampede right over the 2 men in front slowing things up. *Disclaimer: no one got hurt, thank goodness because both doctors in our family are dead. And I hear Velmoor's too busy to make international "house" calls.*

It only takes Dad a couple days to earn his Visa Level 3. A quick call to the real estate office here has us packing and moving in a hurry! Now we live just a hop, skip, and jump from the market, right in the heart of downtown Shang Simla. We add a locked gate to the arch-way to keep the paparazzi out of our back yard.

Mom gets a call to swing by the Market when she gets a chance. The Grim sends her a postcard notice of his appointment with Dad coming up the day we get back. We're all still hoping his flight's going to be late or he just plain forgets for a while. There have been several previous incidents of the Grim claiming spouses as they're returning home from a trip abroad so we'll just have to wait and see.

We only make a few changes to the Vacation Home, namely: getting better beds, installing a shower for faster morning prep, redesigning the kitchen including a archway between it and the living area/entrance, and adding a door to the downstairs bathroom. [What an oversight!] To create some separation between the living area and the front entrance, we build a short wall to mount the new TV and feature our family photos. The picture frame on the coffee table is supposed to have all the mortals in it but Dad only has one of Uncle Franklin so it's going to wait for the next trip after he pools his pictures with Patrick's. Eventually the other 3 picture frames on my side will have pictures of the last 3 Immortals. That's the plan anyway.

After I make friends with all the teens and children currently living in Shang Simla, and a few adults - maxing my Charisma skill (which Mom did too!) - I stick my hand down a curious looking hole in the ground behind the Market. I head down the flight of stairs for some exploring, fully equipped with Dad's old Super Axe. I got to do some rock smashing too, Mom!

Mom and Dad decide we should all head home a few days early, but not without a day-long trek up to the Temple of Heaven. In the spot they got married, Mom and Dad shared a kiss for a life well spent and a love well honoured. And a whole bunch of other mushy stuff.

We head back home for the last few days of this week and things don't look so good for Mom and I.

Next: Count down to Fyve's Adult birthday.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
Great update! :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »
Aww, mushy stuff is sweet, great reminiscent picture!

What a pile up of people! That was crazy!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2011, 03:35:54 AM »
Awesome update! What an amazing trip!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »
Aww, Fhore and Ernesto back in the place they got married was very touching, especially knowing what's inevitably going to happen next.

I love the pictures framed around the TV - that's a very cool idea! Awesome update as always! It's been a treat getting these so close togther!

anything