Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 129561 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »
Sending prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery, lilygirl!

Congrats on Fhore's immortality!  Franklin's family is awesome - what a handsome bunch of guys Sandi has!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #361 on: May 11, 2011, 04:32:35 AM »
I hope the antibiotics do their work and stop that infection in it's tracks. All the best to your husband and to you - I really hope he recovers without having his appendix removed.

On a happier note: great update! I really loved taking a look with Franklin into his own family. The boys are all very handsome. It's really a shame there isn't a better way in the Sims to play with non-houshold but still family members. That'd probably be a little easier on the dad and the boys!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2011, 04:46:13 AM »
Oh lily, I hope your husband is alright!
Appendicitis is extremely nasty - 8 years back, the doctors didn't realise my dad's appendix had burst, and he had to go a week and a half with it burst before they realised. Needless to say, he got extremely poisoned and we almost lost him :(
I'm so very glad you caught it early and I send my wishes your way.

Welcome Mitchell! That's so funny that it gave them both very similar names :D
The toddlers are so adorable.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #363 on: May 11, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »
Thanks for your well-wishes, guys and for reading. My ride back to the hospital is coming in a half hour. Here's hoping my husband had a good night and I can bring him home.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »
My thoughts are with you and your husband, lilygirl.  Here's to hoping he's back home and killing carebears today.  

Reference:  Carebear is a gaming term.  I don't mean the fluffy multi-colored cartoon that uses it's stomach as a defense mechanism.  This reference is for those that have never heard that term and I can try to explain more in a private message so we dont take over lily's thread

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
Uhm, could you PM me, please? :-\
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »
Simstar, a carebear is someone who plays a multi-player game the nice way - no killing or harming of other players playing the same game. Rica and I have discovered that both our partners play Eve Online. Lets just say that my husband is the opposite of a carebear when he gets into his space ship!

My husband is feeling better! He came home last night and the antibiotics seem to be working. He is back at work today, no time for shooting down carebears.

I'll go tell Fyve I'm ready for her.

Fyve: Week 28 - What Everyone Else is Doing

I am so excited to finally get my chance to update all of you on what's going on in our very weird family. Ever since I watched my mom do this when I was growing up I've been waiting for my turn. And then Franklin makes me wait even longer! But it's OK because his boys (my cousins) are super cute and awesome. I love them all to bits.

Here's Mom heading out for her first space flight bright and early Monday morning. See the sky is barely becoming light. She's going to be gone all day but hopefully it's everything she's ever imagined it would be. I'm kind of jealous, I wish I could travel somewhere, Grandpas Wunn and Tu and Grandma Therie have all been to France, Mom and Dad and Uncle Franklin have been to China, and now Mom gets to go into outer space. I haven't been anywhere! *Sigh*

Grandma Therie has recently discovered Grandpa Wunn's sprinkler system and prefers to play in them than paint or cook. She even gets to work late because the sprinklers are so much fun.

Grandpa Wunn continues to work on the Twinbrook Sunburst Tunnel System (the Sunburst family thanks Rica for the name!). The gym lot is proving a bit ornery for tunnel outlet placement, Grandpa Wunn keeps hitting a glowing golden tunnel and, of course, just has to jump in and explore. Grandpa Tu is taking time off from tunnel digging since Dad's warehouse orders 4 one-of-a-kind wooden statues from him.

My drool-worthy Patrick masters the piano and loses some drive in his life. He was initially going to try and master all four instruments but his drive is gone. I think it's time to give him something of a Velmoor-like kick start to a new ambition. So what's a girl to do, right? I can buy him a bass or guitar or drum kit, I can go out with him at night and suggest we relieve the itching in his fingers (the parking lot at the stadium is filling up again), or I can point him in the direction of a career maybe put that athletic skill to good use. What's a girl to do? Well, this is what I come up with. *Giggle*

He just about brought the house down around us with his dancing and shrieks of joy! It is so funny to watch from my vantage point, thanks goodness no one else is home.

If that doesn't light a spark in my Patrick maybe the celebratory woohoo does. See how cute and perfect and fabulous we are together. Sciks is going to be the best-looking Sunburst yet, at least if s/he looks like Patrick. But I'm getting to far ahead. No nooboo until my Dad dies. Mom explained everything when I was a kid and I'm OK with naming my child Sciks [I just misspelled that as Sicks and realized it would be a perfect name for a doctor!] but I'm not OK that Dad will never meet his grandchild. *Sigh*

Grandma Therie is our family's first celebrity and when she gets her second star, we get Dax Wyatt, our very own paparazzi. Well, Grandma Therie's paparazzi, he's not interested in anything any of us do.

I guess my Velmoor-esque kick start is just what Patrick needs. He sets his keyboard aside and channels his artistic side by becoming a Stylist at the local salon. He brings this table thing home and sets it up in our bedroom. Now he spends all his off-work time researching and creating new fashion concepts and designs. I guess it's better than before. The Stylist thing is a little hard to get used to though but if it makes my Patrick happy, then I'm all for it!

Mom fills her six days off per week by breaking space rocks. She wants to break 250 more "boards" and decides to see how long it takes to break that many space rocks. You see, if she breaks actual boards she can break five at a time, but with space rocks it's one at a time! This might take a while especially since she isn't a master at strength training yet and has to stop for an 8-hour rest period every so often. She keeps her early morning schedule and is out in her MA garden by 6am.

Near the end of the week, Patrick has done enough makeovers to reach level 5 of his career. His clients are very pleased with his work and even our extended family members seek him out for a wardrobe change. This is Uncle Franklin's Sandi before and after.

This is Grandpa Wunn's youngest son, Feisal Greenwood, in his elder days before and after a makeover by Patrick.

Grandpa Wunn would like you all to know that he does gets time off from work at the Science Facility and digging the Tunnel System and gardening. He likes to fish in his backyard pond for Deathfish. His goal is to catch 500 of these nasty looking fish. (I can't believe I have to eat that someday!) Also, he would like to state for the record that the garden sprinklers are officially off limits to everyone but himself. I guess he got tired of sharing his secret guilty pleasure!

Grandma Therie has a slight problem. Her memory is getting a little fuzzy which is resulting in one painting of Franklin and little Lenny coming out, well, fuzzy. Every time! She keeps selling them and starting over, but the next one comes out fuzzy too! The local Art Museum has taken a keen interest in this particular painting and has hung not one but three copies of it in their gallery. Franklin finds them there one afternoon and poses for a picture. [I've never had paintings just show up in the museum before! She's selling these off the easel.]

I would like to express my deepest thanks to Aunt Sandi for allowing me to tutor her in Logic for 3.5 hours. This completes my supermaxing of the Logic skill! I am super, uber smart now. S-M-R-T smart!

This story has been missing a certain cuteness and fun-ness that Grandpa Wunn's first story had (of course I've read the story of the first Sunburst family, this is me we're talking about). The garden, being his this time around (coincidence?), is home to plants only. My Dad has discovered a little friend living in our dryer and yesterday he found a friend for our new friend. They have recently discovered the stereo system in the living room and can't seem to tear themselves away from it. They've been staring at it for 3 days now! So of course I have to take their picture. Please meet our garden laundry gnomes.

Next Week: Another round of Birthdays. Some other stuff too I'm sure.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #367 on: May 12, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
Wow, that's so cool about the paintings showing up in the gallery!

I sell mine to the consignment shop for the extra monies, now I'm tempted to sell some off the easel and see what happens!

Those darn sprinklers, they just draw people in like black holes of fun.

Velmoor Note: Black holes are distinctly unfun, and why do people think I kick people a lot.
ME: Because you do.
Velmoor: No I don't!
Juxt: Yes you do!
Velmoor: NO I don't, oh wait, yes I do.
Juxt: How fast can you make inter dimensional doors now?
Velmoor: Pretty fast, why, are you going to break this one too?
Juxt: *Sigh* No, somehow I don't feel the third time will be the charm.
Velmoor: Yay! *Juxt shoves him back into his dimension*

Sorry for the interruption, thanks for the little mention, and now back to our regularly scheduled awesomeness!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
Nice update~! ^^

Who's Velmoor? Is he from the D'only's?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2011, 10:35:11 PM »
Yuppers, he's my crazy dimension hopping inventor-psycho doctor ;)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
Oh. I keep meaning to read that Dynasty, but I just get overwhelmed by the amount of pages. ^^''
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »
Great update Lily. The laundry gnomes are cute.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
I find those laundry bears cuter than sim toddlers - yours are no exception! Don't you just want to hug them!

Congratulations on the engagement Fhyve and Patrick! Patrick indeed is really good looking, with a sense of style to boot! I really love the stylist profession; making sure all townies look fabulous and then having a fabulously dressed town is awesome! Hopefully Patrick will still make enough time for his future-wife though!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
Congratulations to the cute couple!
I love it when the elders play in the sprinkler. They always look so happy!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #374 on: May 16, 2011, 01:07:24 PM »
Yay!!!  Congratulations on the engagement!!!  Fyve and Patrick will make beautiful nooboos when they are ready.  :D

I love the stylist profession and Patrick's makeovers are great.  Sandi was beautiful to begin with, but Feisal's makeover is nothing short of a miracle!

I love the laundry gnomes - I have a whole herd of them roaming my dynasty property.  I've had to remove all but 1 stereo and 1 tv because the gnomes keep turning them on and it's just too loud.  LOL