Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128121 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »
You're welcome! Congrats on becoming Legendary!  ;D

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2011, 02:05:56 AM »
Yay for lilygirl! *Confetti*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »
Congrats on Legendary Status. Man, are we into this or what? :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
Thanks for the congrats guys. You are all fabulous!

Hey, if you keep waiting to celebrate the big things you miss out on the joy of celebrating the little things! My husband and I go out for dinner when one of us gets called for an interview. No job yet, big deal, we've got us an interview! When I scored higher than Metro in the Headkick challenge my husband made me brownies. When the EI people finally called me (after 3 months!) he brought home fast food. Celebrate the small stuff lest you wait your life away.  :D

I don't have an ETA yet for the next update. The Sunbursts are only about to begin Tuesday so it will be awhile. Especially with my husband working 7 hours today (starting in 2 hours) and 30 hours this week (WOOT! for more hours) so I'll be over in Bridgeport with my Writing challenge. I say "I will" because I'm playing all the challenges this year with my new SimMe! I will of course have to create some friends for her/me for some of the challenges but right now it's just SimMe. That reminds me, I should put her pic up as my avatar. *Heads off to figure out how*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »
Hey, if you keep waiting to celebrate the big things you miss out on the joy of celebrating the little things! My husband and I go out for dinner when one of us gets called for an interview. No job yet, big deal, we've got us an interview! When I scored higher than Metro in the Headkick challenge my husband made me brownies. When the EI people finally called me (after 3 months!) he brought home fast food. Celebrate the small stuff lest you wait your life away.  :D

I totally agree with your outlook there  ;D
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2011, 08:55:31 PM »
Thanks for the congrats guys. You are all fabulous!

I don't have an ETA yet for the next update. The Sunbursts are only about to begin Tuesday so it will be awhile. Especially with my husband working 7 hours today (starting in 2 hours) and 30 hours this week (WOOT! for more hours) so I'll be over in Bridgeport with my Writing challenge. I say "I will" because I'm playing all the challenges this year with my new SimMe! I will of course have to create some friends for her/me for some of the challenges but right now it's just SimMe. That reminds me, I should put her pic up as my avatar. *Heads off to figure out how*

Yay! That is awesome lilygirl! :) I definitely agree with you sometimes the small things are the best things!

I put my name on the roster for the challenges but I couldn't even make it through the garden challenge! I guess because I really want to play my dynasty and my time is very limited. Maybe once the Radcliff's are done I can put forth more of an effort with the challenges
I'll be looking forward to seeing your avatar change ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2011, 08:58:50 PM »
I agree Lily! Your new avatar will be cool! I put my name on the challenge roster, well Metro did lol, but we all know the only challenge I will play is any that involve make needs static.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
I put my name on the challenge roster, well Metro did

Oh Metro, you optimist!

No, in all seriousness, I think you should go for it! You're a smart girl, you can handle anything you put your mind to! If you decide to try I will root for you.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
Thanks ILoveDolls! I will try if it involves make needs static!  ;D Otherwise it would just turn into a sim massacre. Haha. Yea I have had those before, but only when I'm in a bad mood and if I'm not, I don't hurt them deliberately so I wouldn't do it for that reason!  ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »
You kill sims as anger management? :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
You kill sims as anger management? :o

Lol. When put that way... ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
Well uh, yeah. It's a great stress relief!  ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
Fhore: Week 22

Mom gives me the computer today and says it's my turn to keep you all updated with what our family is doing each week. Not really sure why anyone would want to read about our boring old family but here I am. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Great-Grandpa Wunn is still alive and well. Hmmm, that might be perceived as interesting by someone outside this family. OK, where to start.

Wunn, in all his old man glory, is actually very boring. He joined the Science Career last week just for something to do and to get out of the house on a regular basis. At the moment he is refusing to learn one of his job skills because he wants to prove it to everyone that it can be done without. Whatever makes you happy, I guess. Other than that he tends his garden and hangs out. Seriously, that's his life.

Anyway, on with what happens this week. Let's see ... my brother Franklin has the hugest crush on a classmate of his, Sandi. After a game of Gnubb ends in a melting of Sandi due to the outdoor nature of the game, Franklin takes her sightseeing indoors during their "dates." I'm not allowed to call them dates because they're not officially dating! Just a technicality. Here they are hanging out at the Red Rendezvous, I guess it's not Senior's Night tonight.

Monday morning finds me heading off for my first day of work! Yes, it's not quite light out yet when the car pool arrives. Crazy early! Anyway, I love my job for the most part. I get a promotion on my first day because when my boss drops something as he's heading home, I grab it and sprint after his car to give it back. What an adrenaline rush! And I get a promotion for my effort. Awesome!

The evening finds Mom sitting down for her first Ambrosia meal at age 82. She's been holding off on it just because she doesn't want to be younger than my Step-Dad. My Mom's a bit of a romantic it seems.

Ernesto's doing a great job of staying out of jail and even gets promoted a couple times. We took such a leisurely walk towards embracing our adulthood and it's responsibilities, now that we have we're going full steam ahead! We have a long talk one evening and, well, see for yourself.

Ernesto has turned from insecure overweight teen to confident ripped young adult to gooing sappy-faced Dad-to-be! If only his co-workers could see him now! Well, maybe not, they would probably call the police in hopes that some jail time would toughen him back up.

Mom warned me about her "getting pregnant during work hours" glitch so Ernesto and I kept that in mind. Tuesday morning finds me sleeping contently in bed long past my 5am carpool hour. Or not.

[Sigh. At least she's wearing her designer maternity clothes.]

Mom has the designers back out to the house but instead of a new nursery, I find a playhouse in the back yard. Not sure why, my child's personality and future are still very much a mystery. Who knows if this beautiful little house will ever be enjoyed. Mom says it's not about if a child will ever play in it, it's about doing something she's always wanted to do but just never found the time. So here is our "just big enough" cottage.

Mom says it will get some more shrubs and plants when the rest of the backyard gets landscaped.

Grandpa Tu finally tracks me down for a pregnancy ice sculpture. And just in time too!

Aww, teenagers! My little brother Franklin freaks out long after I've left for the hospital. OK, I'll cut him some slack, he wasn't the only one! Ernesto is so overcome by panic I leave without him. He did manage to get there before our baby was born so all is forgiven.

When we get home I have a bite to eat before heading for bed (5am comes very early!) Ernesto would like to do the honours of introducing our baby girl, Fyve Curious! [Soon to be Sunburst, if I ever remember!] She is athletic [I'm blaming it on the no maternity leave glitch] and good, with a future that is anybody's guess.

Ernesto puts her to bed as his schedule calls for late evenings and mornings. I manage to find new coverings for the crib. Her favorite colour is Hot Pink! Oh dear.

Even after all this time together, one look from my husband and my schedule has a way of suddenly changing! Who needs to break another 75 boards? I'd rather be right here!

Mom handles the nooboo care in the afternoons while everyone else is out. Everyone except Grandpa Tu, but he's always busy painting or sculpting something. Right now he's working on Fyve's baby painting for our room.

OK, I think this Dynasty Immortal thing just went too far! Grandpa Tu seems to go a little crazy every few days or so and has to get out of the house. Normally, he makes the collection run for our investment properties but this time he looks up an old female friend (she was Grandpa Tu's second Consignment Shop employee) after reading a baby announcement in the paper. This is Patrick Baker, son of Newton Baker. [I'm fairly certain.]

Now, before you make yourselves crazy wondering how that can be, feel secure in the feeling of craziness I had about my Grandpa picking out my nooboo daughter's future spouse. She's only a day old!

[Tu's friend's marriage announcement came a day before the baby announcement but I didn't pay too much attention until now. Apparently, wherever Newton went, they have Immortality there too! For those who may not know, Newton Baker is a teen when Twinbrook is brand new. I assumed that he'd died weeks ago along with his mother and brother via story progression. I was wrong. And now I am super excited!]

Now comes the part where I realize I don't have pictures of some family members this week so I hunt them down. Step-Dad Wilbert is at the park losing to himself in a chess game. Sometimes he wins!

Wunn is over at the Greenwood residence hanging out with his son, Feisal. Apparently, his young adult birthday didn't treat his hairline well!

Saturday brings my baby girl's first birthday! I'm so excited to see if she looks more like me or Ernesto. And of course there's the baby clothes, babbling, giggling, funny faces, wobbly legs, and utter cuteness! Ernesto and my Step-Dad Wilbert are sleeping in and miss the cake part.

I was very disappointed with my daughter's hair colour, who ever designed the greenish-brown concoction that is the default? Seriously! So, as every good parents would, we dye her hair the same colour as Ernesto's. Now she's ready for her official picture!

This picture is Sunday morning and I should be saving it for next week, but you can never have too much toddler cuteness in one update!

That's it for this week! Now I get to teach my little Fyve her life skills, if I can fight through all her "Grandparents" and her Dad!

Next Week: Toddler Life Skills. Franklin starts his YA phase.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2011, 02:30:35 PM »
Congrats on the Immortal! Welcome Fyve, she's beautiful!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »
That little playhouse idea was ingenious!
And little Fyve is adorable, she definitely looks like her momma ;)