Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126900 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2011, 04:41:38 AM »
You're welcome Lily. So you don't have to make her change into it prior to her being pregnant? I thought you did! With Penny, she had just eaten Ambrosia the night before!  ::)

Offline Isys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2011, 08:32:35 AM »
EEK I am so confused about the clothes eventhough it is in plain english, are you saying there is a maternity section? Or do you mean the regular clothing options omg I feel so slow today. Great mini update by the way, enjoyed it with my tea.
Attraversiamo

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
@ Isys: There isn't an actual designated maternity clothes section in CAS, but the game uses specific pieces for maternity wear - these are the pieces I'm talking about when I say "maternity clothes." Let me go into my game and find the name of the specific pieces for you, and everyone.

@ Esther: Because of my little finding-out-she's-pregnant-at-work glitch thing, Therie didn't show her pregnancy until she spun into her pajamas that night. When she got out of the shower in the morning she spun into the maternity dress I made for her. Since mornings are so busy with designating showers and breakfasts, I forgot to check her clothing choice until she came down for breakfast! And then I got super excited that it worked!

EDIT: Sims 3 Vanilla Maternity Clothes: (numbers designate their position among the Vanilla clothing when you scroll down)
Everyday Tops: T-shirt over Long Sleeved Shirt (#12) // Workout Jacket (#26) - both also available for Athletic
Everyday Pants: Slim Fit Jeans (#18) // Workout Pants (#24) - available for Athletic
Everyday Outfits: Empire waist Dress (#5) - only available option for Formal and Sleepwear
Swimwear Outfits: V-neck One-piece (#2)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
I just about had a heart attack when Grim came for Wunn!  In all the dynasty stories I've read I don't think I've ever seen an immortal die.  Was he doing something in particular or was it a random thing?  I thought I read somewhere that you a deathflower only works once so that even if you have a deathflower in your inventory, if Grim comes calling a second time he won't be persuaded to take the flower instead of the Sim.  Is that true?

Well I hope things aren't quite so exciting in the Sunburst household this week!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »
Cool! No Katluvr that's not true, Grim can come as many times as he chooses and as long as you keep a flower in your inventory, your sim will never die. They will give it to him everytime and he will go away!  ;D

Offline Isys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Thanks for the info I'll try it out the next time I play.
Attraversiamo

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »
@ Katluver: Wunn wasn't doing anything in particular, probably watching his Deathfish (oh the irony!) I'm pretty sure it was a matter of me forgetting just how old he was and him dying of old age - well, attempting to anyway. Oops. I even had Lolly make a bunch of extra Ambrosia meals and store them in the treasure chest, just for these occasions. Therie isn't skilled enough yet to make Ambrosia.

@ Isys: No problem. It was super fun when it worked for me!

~

Tu: Week 16 (Monday through Saturday)

Well, when your week starts off like that, best be ready for anything!

Even though this picture was taken on Sunday, Therie still wants me to include it. Something about having to show off her fabulous new maternity dress! One of a kind design. Blah, blah, blah. I'm a guy, I don't get the whole "oh my gosh, have to show everybody this!" Anyway, here is her dress under better lighting.

After all the Grim excitement, Marc hops out and takes Lolly's latest favorite toy out for a spin. I think he's enjoying himself!

All I can say is at least she finishes cooking my favorite meal, before the labour pains start. It would have been such a shame if the baby had caused her to burn the grilled cheese.

With the future as a single mother staring her in the face ... umm, sqeezing her insides? ... Therie calmly gathers herself together and heads for the hospital alone.

Everyone, please welcome my second grandbaby: Fhore Moe Sunburst! (Moe in honour of her Daddy, Moses.)

Her application papers have vapourized it seems! Therie still does not receive her mat leave but finds time for a quick snuggle with her daughter before catching the car pool to work. I should go over there and give her new boss a piece of my mind!

Therie heads for bed as soon as she gets home from work, so that she is fully rested when Fhore wakes in the morning. I get the delight of putting my little granddaughter to bed. Grandpa card and everything, you know.

Moses pops out to meet his daughter but misses her bedtime by a half hour! We tell him to come a little earlier tomorrow night.

Yes, I know I should be sculpting or running on the treadmill, but how can anyone deny me the joy of snuggling my granddaughter?! I dare you to try and take her out of my arms!

Therie is trying to move on with her life, being a single mother and working full time is wearing her down everyday. She's even staying in touch with all her close friends, here and in France. Not sure if this is a weak moment or the right moment, but Wilbert Sanford becomes more than a friend out on the front porch.

Moses is still making his nightly rounds and catches a nap in the spot where he slept only twice. I think he's still obsessed with her in some way.

Then before we know it, it's time for our little sunshine to have her birthday. I invite the whole family again and a few family friends.

It's been a long time, but it looks like Fhore has her grandfather Marc's hair! Her favorite colour is blue, just like her Mom.

Wilbert is invited over during Therie's next day off and she has a huge surprise for him! And all of us really.

With that, Wilbert joins the family. This may all seem a little bit fast, whirlwind actually, but Wilbert and Therie have been best friends since childhood and they may even have gotten married earlier if Moses hadn't refused to give up. I'm glad she found someone who adores her and can provide love and help in raising Fhore. My Therie is too young to be facing a Immortal lifetime alone already.

Great Grandpa Wunn sits young Fhore down for her first serious conversation.

As cute as she is, Fhore has no problems expressing her opinion! After an entire day of posing for sculptures, portraits, and photographs she has had enough!

Here is the new and improved look of Wilbert Sanford Sunburst. Interestingly enough, him and Therie are the exact same age. Looks like he should be around all the way to her Ambrosia party!

I leave you with this final picture: no your eyes aren't messing with your head. That really is my Dad, Dynasty founder on his third time through elderhood, doing laundry. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Next Week: Tu starts the week at 92 91 days - will he make it?!! Does the Grim make another appearance, or tu?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2011, 09:14:03 PM »
Aww Fhore is adorable!
So is Wilbert! I am glad that Therie is not alone anymore! :)
And Good luck Tu!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
Happy Birthday Fhore! And congrats Wilbert and Therie! Go Tu Go!!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2011, 03:11:36 AM »
Even though this picture was taken on Sunday, Therie still wants me to include it. Something about having to show off her fabulous new maternity dress! One of a kind design. Blah, blah, blah. I'm a guy, I don't get the whole "oh my gosh, have to show everybody this!" Anyway, here is her dress under better lighting.

Ha, my male Sims sure still know the values of showing off one's clothes.

Congratulations to Therie and Wilbert, I'm glad she won't have to spend her adult life alone *confetti!*
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
Thanks for all the good luck wishes for Tu! Boy that guy sure needs them.

It seems the supposedly "minor" changes I made from my first attempt to this one has made everything so much harder! Wunn took up gardening, which Therie did last time, instead of cooking. Tu's LTW is Renaissance Sim instead of Visionary and the supermax and career are sculpting instead of painting (allowing painting for other LTWs that need it.) Generation 2 spare has completed their Visionary LTW weeks ago while in France. And now I have to work handiness skill in somewhere, last time it went nicely with Therie and gardening for the Science career. Maybe I'll send Wunn into science and learn handiness, but then if I do an inventor, inventing would have to be their supermax. Bah!

Well, I'm off to catch up on the rest of the forum and then dive back into my game with a 92 91 day old not-yet-Immortal Immortal heir. Oh dear. So much temptation to give him a Deathflower just in case.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
Well, you know I wouldn't live up to my rep if I didn't say this. Do it! Lol well only do it if you're not going for Hof!  ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »
What?! Go through all this trouble and stress and then throw away the end prize (HoF) for one silly Immortal! Crazy, Esther, crazy. ;D

When I go into the game in a few minutes, he's getting up at 4am (when the exhausted moodlet expires) and hitting the treadmill again (he's halfway to level 10 athletic). Then it's back to the sculpting stone for one last sculpture (he needs $500) and then hopefully that's it. But it's a Dynasty, the Grim knows.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
Hey I said only do it if you weren't going for HoF, so I covered my butt lol. Good luck with him, I know he can do it!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
Welcome little Fhore and step-daddy Wilbert!  Oh the suspense is killing me - Tu has to make it to ambrosia day!  I will personally clobber Grim if he pays a visit before then!