Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128234 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2011, 01:36:04 AM »
@ Esther: Patrick is earmarked as husband potential (he's not related), although his aging might be bugged. He was a day younger than Fyve but became a teen before they left for China, I think he went to school as a child for one day. I'm keeping my eyes on him!

@ Kattiq: I call the cars custom because in real life you couldn't just buy a car painted like that, you would need to custom order the paint job. That's what I'm referring to when I use the word "custom." Sorry for the confusion. Fyve's got a plan up her Hot Pink sleeve! (Actually, I have a plan but she's going to bring it to Sim-life.) :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2011, 02:05:59 AM »
I have been catching up on stories that I have neglected.  Your doing a great job and love reading your story.  Fyve looks very innocent, the kind of innocent that will get you in trouble, lol.  She is cute though. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
Just getting caught back up with your dynasty - congrats on immortal number 3 and a beautiful nooboo toddler child!  Fyve looks like she can make a bit of mischief.  So sorry that Wilbert passed but at least he got one last kiss from his beloved - too bad Grim couldn't have waited 'til after the celebratory WooHoo...that would have made an interesting story line...   ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2011, 07:35:38 PM »
China Trip #2: Mid-Week 24

Travelers: Fhore - working towards Super-Maxing Martial Arts. Ernesto - Working towards Visa level 2. Fyve - The kid's just cute! Oh, and working on her Logic skill. And Franklin - He's got Wunn's Collection Helper to get well acquainted with the countryside, and to provide gems, metals, and bugs for Ernesto Visa 2 quests.

Length of Stay: 8 Days, thanks to Fhore's Visa 1 and Prepared Traveler LTR.

Flight Leaves: Right Now!

~

This trip starts off a little more sedately than the previous since we have Franklin and Fyve in tow. Plenty of time for some privacy later. Ernesto checks in with the Adventure Board and heads off in search of the local tagged on his map. Franklin gets a short lesson on the Collection Helper from Ernesto and then takes off in another direction. Fyve and I head to the Academy. I call up my next Tournament challenger while Fyve makes friends with a young Pei gentleman, Guang. He has a sweet face.

Running around town leaves Ernesto wishing for some down time, so during one of his trips through the Market, he stops for a dip. Mmmm, too bad there's no privacy or I would be really tempted to join him.

Ernesto has a very different method of making friends than me. First, he joins the Warehouse guys back home for what they call a career "borrowing" things. Then, here in China, when the local contacts for his adventures take too long coming out of their homes to greet him, he gives them something to ponder.

[I did not tell him to do this.]

I check my MA list and realize I need 150 hours of meditation! 150! So after I call my next Tournament challenger, I get into this meditation thing. What a rush!

Fyve and I make the Academy our home away from home. With the new 2-room tent, we have some serious girl time camping out. Breakfast consists of dry food under the sun with a fabulous view.

I make a few more friends while handing out losses in the MA Tournament. A few contenders come back for more the next day but some cut their losses and go home. Their faces make me laugh.

And then comes the day I earn the title of Martial Arts Tournament Grand Master! YAY me!

Franklin enjoys running around collecting bugs and gems and metals. He manages to find 6 Red Assassin bugs! I'm sure he could have gotten the fourth one Wunn needs for work if he [OK, me] hadn't gotten side tracked by treasure chests! (Ernesto needs 3 for an adventure.) Deep in Ernesto's Abandoned Barn, Franklin makes time to call a friend from home and fills her in on the trip.

Ernesto and I find some tent cuddle time!

Fyve takes some time away from the telescope at the Academy (she's working on naming 20 celestial bodies), and reads a good book. I'm surprised how fast she picks up the language here!

Towards the end of the trip, with Franklin around to help disarm the traps and empty the chests, Ernesto finds gold. Deep in the maze that is the basement tomb of our Temple of Heaven, Ernesto joins the ranks of accomplished explorers!

Then he turns back into super macho muscle dude playing with a new toy. Don't tell him I said that.

Too bad he doesn't take a picture of the boulder, it probably would have maxed his photography skill! One track mind with a new toy in hand.

As busy as we both have been on this trip, it as been such a joy having my little girl at the Academy with me. She is so happy and fun, and deserves the biggest hug I can give her! We find out that her little friend, Guang, died yesterday from starvation, so she needed the hug. [Bummer, all that time spent making a Best Friend!]

Before our flight takes off for home, we meet up at the Academy for a couple hours of relaxation. Ernesto has one more garbage can to kick, so he'll meet us at the airport.

Then back home we go, back to work and school, and a house filling with Immortal Elders.

Week 24 Part 2 to follow. [After I play through it.]
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »
Congratulations to you and Ernesto finding the Axe.

I love the picks of Fhore ruling the karate fights!  She looks so hard core :)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »
Poor Guang. :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2011, 11:37:01 PM »
Awesome update! Those faces are hilarious!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
Fhore's MA sparring makes me laugh! And I love watching the graphics, Ernesto kicked over quite a few trash cans because I was distracted.

Thanks Simstar. It made me sad to think Fyve's one best friend died so young. He was the only kid in China or she would have been allowed more time away from the telescope to make more best friends. Better luck next time, I guess.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »
WOO! Look at that Hottie with the axe!
I really need to go on an adventure and get one of those!
& I love the martial arts pictures, their faces are hilarious :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: March 14, 2011, 02:51:12 AM »
Shang Simla is so much better than Sunset Valley it just doesn't have the venues and stuff.  :D Awesome spar scenes, so long since I have had a good Spar person!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Colossus

« Reply #295 on: March 14, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »
After reading all 30 pages and catching up to your last update, I like this story! Thank you for some good laughs, sad times, and a great sense of watching you play this lily.

My favorite single photo was the close up of the axe.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2011, 03:26:29 PM »
@ Kattiq: I have no idea if the axe will ever get used again, but when the adventure came up, I had to take it!

@ Thomas: I enjoyed the Headkick Challenge and so decided I wanted to play another MA Sim. I'm having loads of fun with Fhore!

@ Colossus: I'm glad my story was deemed worth your time to read, and that you enjoyed it! More fans are always welcome. My favorite picture, which is my desktop picture on my laptop, is the one way back with Marc catching the Glowy butterfly.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »
A shout out to all my fans. Sorry for not providing any updates for the past week or so. I haven't loaded the game since the last update as I needed a break, although I wasn't expecting needing this long a break! I am so excited to play young Fyve but I'm also really scared young Patrick Baker is going to disappear on me after being served to my 5th generation on a proverbial silver platter! I haven't found my middle ground/compromise yet in the event that something does happen to him. I know I should just take things as they come but hey, they're my Sims! I don't want to play them just for the sake of making progress.

So, in the mean time, I've been playing the Tournament Challenges and building a couple new houses (check them out from my signature). I do promise to have an update before the end of March! Until then I will be reading everyone else's stories, hanging out on the forum, watching my hockey team lose, and catching up on my TV shows, occasionally I even leave the house.

Later, my friends.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #298 on: March 22, 2011, 04:42:20 AM »
I know what you mean. I'm actually surprised I stuck with the Halliwell's as long as I did. I normally have to start a new family/play another file every couple days!  ;D We will be here when you wanna update again!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #299 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »
I'm in that same position lily! After handling the 5th baby of the house I wished I could just take it to the birthday cake and be done with it!
Good luck in the Tournament Challenges! I'm on the roster and I tried the first challenge but I could never seem to find the time to do it between that and the dynasty! I'm going to try them out again in the summer when I have more time :D