Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126902 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2011, 03:10:55 AM »
Ack! Fie upon technical difficulties! I sweep them out of here!

"This one is me sharing the yummy that is Patrick (is that wrong to say about your future son-in-law?)."
Not when he's a tall glass of dark and handsome it's not! :D

Ah labor freak outs, what better way to remember a date? LOL
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2011, 07:18:36 AM »
Yay.  Nice update!  Franklin's little boy is adorable.   And Patrick is ... very nice.  You've had great luck with the menfolk and their looks!

What's up with Patrick's face when he looks at Ernesto though?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »
Ooh, I see that look Ricalynn mentions.  Possibly it was serendipitous that a bug wiped out that trip to France?

Patrick did make-over well and I admire the way you thought up to ensure that he will be available as a partner for Fyve.  That vampire bug is generally a pain in the neck.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
Thanks Juxt, Ricalynn, and Gheez! I never even noticed Patrick looking at Ernesto in that last picture until you guys pointed it out. Hmmm. *Stares out the window in thought*

Patrick is in fact the son of Newton Baker, an original townie (can't remember if he's the older or younger son of Mary Baker). Funny thing, his dad is invisible - picture doesn't show up in Patrick's relationship panel - and he has recently become a vampire! Somewhere in Twinbrook roams an invisible vamp. That's a whole new type of bump in the night!

I had a moment of panic when my first vampire turned up. Patrick, oh no, what about Patrick, I can't come this far just to lose him now!! After some hot chocolate, it occurred to me that the game only turns YA and older Sims in the initial infestation. Next step was to have all 7 current Sunbursts make friends with Patrick so that as soon as I noticed he had aged up, someone would be available to call him up and move him in. And it worked. At this point, the likelihood of another original townie offspring dropping out of nowhere is next to zero so it doesn't matter anymore. The original townie offspring left are related and none of them are in relationships that will result in children being born. So where to go for a spouse for generation 6? That is the question. I actually have an idea that has spawned from a glitch in the game. We'll just have to wait and see.

Update later as I have some game play to catch up on that I lost when the power cut last night.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »
... I actually have an idea that has spawned from a glitch in the game. We'll just have to wait and see...

Tantalising!

Fingers crossed that the power stays on.  And, meant to say earlier but got interrupted by phone call, I'm pleased to read that you and your husband sorted out the problem with the game.  Well done to both of you.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »
Fhore: Week 26 Part 2 and Start of Week 27 - It's a Birthday Bonanza!

Wow, for being a family with only one child in the house, we're having loads of birthdays this week. First Franklin (not even counting his boys) and now on Friday it's my turn. My last birthday, *sigh* after this I'm just old! I can't believe I'm going to be older than Ernesto for a couple days, I'm betting they will be some of the longest days of my life!

I want a quiet party at home with just the family, and who gets to deny the birthday girl anything? Nobody! Mom has to miss another birthday because of work. We keep telling her to retire but she loves being the chef at her diner and it's only on the weekends for a couple hours in the evenings. I suppose having met all the requirements for Immortality would mean loads of free time. I'm just about ready to find out. Without further ado here are my birthday pictures. Oh, Franklin is there, he's just standing in the kitchen to my left, on the other side of the wall.

Everyone cheers and as the sparkles start to appear I have a moment of panic, I don't want to be old! But resistance is futile once the transformation process is set in motion.

Here I am. Not bad for a old gal, hey? I decide to go with brown as my neutral colour instead of white. Wait til you see what I'm wearing below the waist! Got to have fun with the options somehow. [I'm going to be super disappointed if the Generations EP doesn't bring us more clothing options for elders!]

See I told you Franklin was there. He's having cake with the rest of us. Fyve decides to wait for her Grandma Therie before having her piece of cake. She does her homework while she waits.

Saturday brings the closing of week 26 and Fyve's YA birthday. She wants an exclusive party at the park for all her friends and our extended family. It's a beautiful day for an outdoor party. We get things started by showing off our dance moves.

Let's see if I can tell you who everyone is. Green sweater in the front is Grandpa Wunn's son Feisal Greenwood. Far left is my cousin Dora Jones-Brown, I guess her girlfriend couldn't make it. Next, to the right, is my Ernesto, he's on fire! Then there is Franklin's girlfriend Sandi behind the teen in black. The teen is a friend of Fyve's, Selina I think. Then we have the Drudge girls (Grandpa Theo's granddaughters) Joline in the front, Willow behind her. Then the crowd right in front of the stereo. Grandpa Wunn in the purple suit top. Fyve in her poppy shirt (she must have forgotten she arranged a formal party). The little boy is Franklin's oldest son, Marty. [I'm so curious about his hair colour!] Further back is Patrick in the purple short sleeved shirt and then me on the right. Franklin is here somewhere but I'm not sure where my mom Therie is, she might have left for work already.

When the cake arrives it's time to blow out the candles! Fyve changes into her best dress for this part.

After the cake disappears the guests partake in the park's amenities. Fyve sits down with Marty and tutors him through his homework.

[See! I want to know what colour his hair is! Maybe his next birthday will tell us ... I need a Stylist in the family.]

After Marty's mother takes him home, Fyve joins the Grandpa's in a Gnubb game. They team up girl against guys. The Grandpa's are spending a lot of time together this weekend it seems.

Franklin sneaks off to Sandi's to spend part of his weekend off teaching little Jarod how to talk. And the usual snuggling and tickling. My nephew sure is adorable.

I believe the explanation is "Sandi's Mom is having a pool party at the house," in case you are wondering why Franklin is without a shirt.

When we get home for the night, Fyve hits up Grandpa Wunn's closet for a wardrobe make-over. She's still wearing the poppy pattern from our friend Gheez.

She is a knock-out! I never thought I'd say this but I'm sure glad she already has Patrick! It should save us from a lot of the drama that would otherwise have a very high probability of happening.

She heads straight for Patrick and gets the thing she's been wishing for most all week. My little girl looks so happy. I guess I have to love Patrick for that.

Sunday passes without Ernesto's birthday which is initially planned. I guess I was really hoping he is only 2 days younger than me. *Sigh* make that 3. Ernesto and I spend the day enjoying the beautiful weather by playing Gnubb in the park. See what I'm wearing below the waist?!

Fyve meets up with her friend Selina at the park (her next Chess Tournament challenger has to work today) and tutors her through her homework. For hours!

[I'm loving the Hot Pink with Fyve's hair colour!]

Grandpa Wunn actually rolls a wish to go fishing today! He's down at the beach feeding lettuce to the goldfish looking to catch number 25. With his first cast, he remembers how much fun fishing is for him, look at his face! He hasn't even caught anything yet.

After catching goldfish number 25, Grandpa Wunn meets up with Grandpa Tu at the gym to be the first ones to try out the new shuffleboard table. I can't tell who's winning.

Franklin finds his way to the gym as well and spends some time with Marty on the trampoline.

After a game of shuffleboard, Grandpa Wunn remembers the party invite he received earlier today so him and Grandpa Tu head over to check it out. They don't stay long when they realize it's a seniors only event.

Monday, the day of Ernesto's elder birthday dawns as bright and sunny as all the others. I get called in to stay late for work and it pays off big time! Heads up to all extraterrestrial beings, Astronaut Fhore Moe Sunburst (oops, still Curious) is coming to a planet near you next week Monday!

Then it's time for Ernesto's birthday. We throw a spontaneous party for him in the park, since that's where he is when I get off work. Hey look! Even Mom made it out for this party!

Some party-goers spend the evening running in various directions, generally away from the party group. Franklin's mother-in-law tells us why. Tee Hee!

After cake, Patrick pulls out his brand new keyboard and entertains the crowd. Grandpa Wunn dances with my mom, Therie. I want to be that limber after 3-5 doses of Ambrosia. Fyve is tutoring another teen.

This is the newly elder Ernesto. I think he looks just as handsome as the day we got married at the top of the Temple of Heaven in Shang Simla, China. [The nasty eyebrows are back!]

Next, Week 27 continues: What career will Fyve choose? How many Big Lemons and Sloppy Jalopies can you steal for 50,000 simoleons? Another Immortal?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »
Awesome updates! Happy birthday everyone!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: April 13, 2011, 10:45:21 PM »
Thanks Esther.

I just saw this: 10,000 views!! You guys are all amazing, I'm so glad you enjoy my Immortal Dynasty story.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2011, 11:20:07 PM »
Way to go Lilly! You're an awesome writer!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2011, 11:40:37 PM »
WOW~!
Congrats ion 10,000 views! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2011, 07:01:26 AM »
Congrats on 10,000 Views!

Happy Birthday to everyone as well. 

I've started planning parties to start at 7 so that Sage is on his way home from work (he's my chef) and can make it most of the time before I start taking snapshots!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
Thanks Simstar and Ricalynn!

I used to schedule my parties later in the day but I ran into the aging up before they got to the cake problem (guests don't like birthday parties like that), and bedtimes being pushed back until 2am making it hard to get up in the morning. On weekends that's not such a concern but I tend to schedule all my parties earlier now. Especially Ernesto's since he had to work at 6pm or so. It just so happened that 2 out of 4 birthdays fell on the weekend this time and I forgot to have Therie ask for a couple days off (actually just thought of that now *face palm*). Next time. I've had parties where Therie attends just in time in her work uniform. :)

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »
If the party is important to me, I call and ask for unpaid time off.  If you need the money that's one thing, but if you just want your Sims home for a special moment it works well.

Congratulations on 10K views, that's very cool *Confetti*

I love Fhore's tights, and Fyve's Adult look, she looks so natural as a young adult, since she looked so mature as a child.

Great update.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »
Fhore: Rest of Week 27

It's a week of a little of this and a little of that, mostly random events choreographed as family life. Those employed go to work, those that aren't don't. After his last promotion to International Super Spy earns him his LTW, my brother Franklin receives a special assignment down at the Warehouse. It's a good thing my Ernesto doesn't work until 9pm! My brother fits right in with his snazzy Evil Genius outfit and he gets the infiltration job done.

Fyve takes advantage of her last day of freedom before starting her career tomorrow. She invites Grandpa Wunn's son Feisal over for some good ol' fashion tutoring in logic. I have no idea what storm clouds have to do with the logic skill but who am I to question the methods of my logic genius daughter?

Fyve earns a promotion every day this week! I guess picking Ambitious as her last trait is really working out for her. She plays hard and works hard, and all the staff at the school love her! Here she is on her way home after her first day of work. She looks so cute and professional.

Franklin is spending a lot of time running after his two boys after work/school. He makes sure they get their homework done before they play at the park. When he makes time for himself he can be found down at the gym. The treadmill isn't much of a challenge anymore but I think the weights machine should provide enough resistance for his workouts.

This is a nice look at the improvements I made to my gym. I have recently named it Dancing Fhore Fitness Centre.

Thursday, I wait very patiently for my Ernesto to wake up, have his shower, and eat his breakfast. I have two more sparring matches to go and I want him to help me out. He graciously accepts the challenges and almost earns his last MA belt.

Have I mentioned recently that I love my husband? He gets a kiss for his sportsmanship.

And after a shower I sit down to my first Ambrosia meal, specially prepared for me by my mother, Therie.

YAY, I'm finally younger than my Ernesto! Oh for the little things in life.

Fhore Moe Sunburst, Immortal at 78days

After helping the boys with their homework, Franklin joins his love Sandi at the gym. I guess Ernesto and I aren't the only ones that call working out together a date! Yes, they are expecting their third child and are hoping for a girl this time. [She's wearing one of my shirts that I keep meaning to share in my maternity wear thread.]

Franklin then indulges her wish for a soothing back rub before they hit the showers. He's so good to her I wonder why they had such a rocky start. But that's ancient history, all that matters today is that he's an awesome father and a doting boyfriend.

Saturday finds the family spread out around town again. Grandpa Tu does an investment run to shake off his cabin fever craziness. He finds young Jarod at the park and spends an hour or so pushing his great grandson on the swings. From the looks on their faces they're both enjoying their time together.

Fyve is also at the park taking on the greatest minds working at the hospital (also mine now and renamed Ernesto Sunburst Memorial Hospital even though my Ernesto is still very much alive) in her quest for the title of Twinbrook's Chess Legend. The people crowded around hold their breathes as one until the very end. Fyve and her family would like to thank Wyatt Farmer, Surgeon for being a gracious loser in this all important game of chess. LTW achieved!

Grandpa Wunn and Patrick decide to spend their day mining for who knows what; Grandpa Wunn at the gym, Patrick at the park. "It's the rush of finding treasure, any kind of treasure!" they insist. I think it's mostly about the golden light kind of treasure. Hopefully, Grandpa Wunn can find his way back to the surface.

Franklin finds Sandi at the library just in time for a trip to the hospital. They would like to introduce their perfect son, Lenny, and let you know they've made one final attempt at a baby girl to complete their family.

The parting shots for this week are courtesy of my adventurous (minus the trait) Mother. Patrick convinces her that using the new tunnel system he and Grandpas Wunn and Tu are creating around town is a perfectly safe and reliable alternative to driving. Currently only the park is connected to the tunnel in our front yard. See you at home Mom. Hopefully.

Looks like she made it without a single hair out of place or spot of dirt on her clothes! Way to go Mom!

Next Week: Lets see what happens shall we? Fyve's taking over the updates and I have a longstanding date with some Space Rocks!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:28 PM »
Congrats Fhore! Great update Lily!