Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128581 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
I expect that we may have to wait a little longer as I've just read, elsewhere, about how much you are enjoying The Sims Medieval.  Ah well, all good things are worth waiting for and, the houses that you've shared, have been stunning.

I'm not surprised that you are wary of playing until you have a contingency plan in the event of any misfortune befalling Patrick - especially after what happened to little Guang. 

PS Great pictures of retrieving the axe! 

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #301 on: March 26, 2011, 03:56:44 AM »
Yes, I have to admit it guys, Gheez is right. TSM is so awesome I've been playing it all day every day since my husband brought it home the evening of the 22nd! (I absolutely adore Medieval fashions and so am creating all my own heros!) My husband is so awesome, he even "let" me install it on the PC (23" screen!) to take it for it's first spin. And he's been great about painting his Warmachine dudes to give me the PC guilt-free. I'm down to 6QP plus the quest I've just started so my first Ambition is almost done. Then I promise, I'll at least finish out the week the Sunbursts are in at the moment for a post-China update.

See you back here in a few days. *Runs off to bed for more TSM after breakfast!*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #302 on: March 26, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
Haha so that's why there is no updates! No worries though, I haven't gotten Medieval and probably won't but I remember how it was when I first got The Sims 3 and every expansion afterwards lol.  ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »
Fhore: Week 24 Part 2 (Finally!)

This has been a long time coming so hopefully it won't disappoint. Our little family has finally come out of stasis and we are rested and ready for whatever life has in store.  Young Fyve is busy enjoying her childhood, making friends, and doing her homework. She tells me her plan was to max Logic before her teen birthday but that was before she ran into him. Oh dear. My daughter has caught on to this Immortal Dynasty thing way too young (remind me to smack Grandpa Tu upside the head for his little scouting trip when Fyve was just a nooboo.) Now, my little girl is logically planning ahead, waaaaaay ahead! I think she spent one day as a little girl, that's it. This one is too smart for her own good.

Here she is taking a little down time watching an action movie with Uncle Franklin. They have become the closest of friends with their mutual love for chess. I am always floored by the conversations those two have with one another: what life forms exist in the neighbouring universe, could you come out the back end of a Black Hole, and why is it the Queen's job to save the King from a checkmate. This picture is also to show you just how handsome my brother is in his policeman uniform. Remind me to ask him about Sandi, she hasn't been by the house since Franklin's last birthday.

With my Elder birthday baring down on me (OK, OK, so it's still 2 weeks away) I find myself meditating my days away to reach that all important number of 150 hours. The Deathfish come over and keep me company for the first little while, but even they get bored.

Ernesto is still up to his usual shenanigans at work. He put on a little weight while we were in China and it's slowing him down. Good night, my dear, I'll see you in the afternoon when I get home from work.

I sign Fyve up for swimming lessons at the local pool in hopes that she will meet a few more kids her age; she doesn't look happy about it but Mom knows best. This acting way beyond her years freaks me out, and makes me kind of sad too. My little girl is growing up too fast. I think her bathing suit is super cute!

Grandpa Tu is having his crazy days more frequently it seems. He brings home the strangest things from his Consignment store. First, it's another "floor hygienator"; they make me sick more often than not. Today, its something called a "miner". Goodness only knows what he's going to do with that! After spending the afternoon flipping through the manual, he mutters something about missing pages and heads outside. I sit down to meditate and have just entered "the zone" when this crunching, grinding noise slams into my head and sends my heart pounding so hard it almost drowns out the grinding noise. What in the world?

Grandpa Wunn is going to have a fit when he sees what Grandpa Tu is doing to the front yard!

After another promotion, Franklin now has to write up reports about the fine people of Twinbrook. He brings home our very first computer, oops sorry, it's "don't even think about touching my laptop!" Franklin's computer, my bad. Somehow, he got a cover that matches his everyday shirt. Interesting. He likes wearing his work uniform to question people though, he says it gives him a more authoritative aura. Sure little brother, whatever you say.

My day off is spent relaxing in a bubble bath with a bottle of France's finest Pomegranate nectar, followed by a breakfast of Falafel, and hours meditating in my MA garden out back.

I see I forgot to mention the "only in my dreams" part! My days off are actually spent fixing things around the house, today it's the washer, and the bathtub. Tomorrow it will be a shower and maybe the dishwasher, if I'm lucky. *Sigh* I can't seem to ever find time to upgrade anything and if I did, Grandpa Wunn's new sprinklers are first on the list, well his list anyway.

Saturday brings my little darling's teen birthday. She starts the day off right with some quality time in the tub with Ducky.

And just chilling out. I don't even want to know what she's thinking about! (She's the one who broke the tub.)

I decide to throw an actual party for Fyve; our family hasn't had a proper birthday party in awhile. I invite a few of my friends and a few of her friends. It will be a while before there is child laughter and energy in our house again, so I enjoy today for all it's worth. In her best dress she blows out the candles and welcomes another transition.

There's Franklin behind Grandpa Wunn on the left, then Grandpa Tu. Blonde hair white shirt guy center front wasn't invited. Then there's me, Fhore, with my Mom Therie behind me. Then my newly fit Ernesto (still a hunk in my opinion!). Far right is Dora Jones-Brown, my cousin. A couple other members of our extended family made it out as well as friends of Fyve's. I think a few got tired of waiting for Fyve to blow out the candles and are helping themselves to leftovers in the fridge behind the camera.

Fyve takes a giant leap into her teenage years!

Here she is, all grown up and looking a lot more like me then I thought. She has Ernesto's eyes and skin tone, but definitely my jaw and mouth, Grandma Zo's mouth. [Will it ever go away?! It's not as big anymore but still a weird profile.]

Next Week: Teen years, museum pieces, meditation, and more jail time?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2011, 04:35:38 AM »
Awesome update Lily! Her bathing suit is adorable! Happy birthday Fyve!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2011, 05:06:00 AM »
Happy birthday Fyve.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2011, 05:26:30 AM »
Yey an update and an awesome one at that, I've missed the Sunburst's  ;D

Happy Birthday Fyve
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
Thanks for coming back guys! I'm glad the update was worth the read.

I should be playing the Sunbursts more over the next bit of time. I've finished my first Ambition in TSM and am stuck in the "done!" mindset so I haven't gone back to it yet.  :P  How weird is that?! I'm also moving the Sunbursts over to the PC as the file is so big my poor little Mac laptop is having a hard time with it; it opens, runs, and saves OK but it's very slow game play. Instead of a Simhour taking a RL minute on speed 1 it's taking twice that. So look for LN coming to the Sunbursts! Actually, the Sunbursts coming to LN since LN is already on the PC.

Anyway, I'm off to move the file. See you guys later.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »
Awesome! I know the Sunbursts will just love LN!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
Wow, Fyve's appearance really changed between child and teen!  She looks so grown up already.

Can Sims meditate on a lot where a miner is going, I have ambitions but haven't installed WA so I was a bit curious.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2011, 06:53:32 PM »
Happy Birthday, Fyve~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
I'm having technical difficulties getting the Sunburst file to run on the PC, it keeps crashing at random times. I've spent 4 hrs today trying to get it to work so I needed a break from them. I think I managed to get 2 screenshots! Alas, we'll restart SimSunday, again. My husband's been gone all day, first for work then for a game of Warmachine at the local game store. Tonight he has the guys coming over for another D&D session. He has the day off tomorrow so I'll see if he can offer me any more suggestions then. I've cleaned everything out, downloaded and installed all my Store and Swap Shop items, transferred both the file and it's backup. Maybe a computer restart would help. Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow.

@ Juxt: Fhore meditates through just about anything! Watching her thought bubbles pop up helps me stay tuned to everything that's going on. :D Doorbell rings, another Sim walks into the room, the shower breaks upstairs, the noisy miner is still running! It's amusing. Yes, she does meditate just fine with the miner running outside. You noticed Fyve's very grown up face too? I was so surprised, I've never seen a teen Sim look completely like a YA. It's got me curious to see how she'll look as a YA.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »
So sorry you're having computer problems Lily. Hope you get it figured out.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2011, 03:33:01 AM »
What a transformation! It's always a surprise but Fyve looks so different as a child and as a teen!I would never guess that is the same Sim!
Sorry for technical issues, hpe you (and your husband) will figure it out soon! Good luck Lily!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
I really like how Fyve's teenage looks tie in with the storyline.  It makes sense that she looks so mature, after all as Fhore said at the beginning of your update "I think she spent one day as a little girl, that's it." 

Loving Fhore's blue and white everyday dress, think I need to get my simmies out of their trousers a bit more.  Is her dress in one of the EPs or is it a Stuff Pack one?  And the pattern?  Talking of patterns, I'm honoured that you've used some of the patterns that I've shared and used them so creatively.  I may have to 'steal' some of your ideas.

Hope that your technical difficulties get sorted and that you'll be back to stress-free, enjoyable simming.

anything