Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128108 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #420 on: May 21, 2011, 08:50:28 AM »
Great update and I thoroughly enjoyed the mushy stuff too!

Although, I think someone is in the background of that last picture is sending smoke signals to come up for air!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2011, 02:47:33 PM »
Alright, one last one to finish off this week. The next update won't be for while as I need to concentrate on the Rabbit Hole challenge to get it done before the end date.

Thanks Simstar and Chronic!

@ Juxt and Rica: When Fhore and Ernesto both rolled wishes to go to China that morning (along with Franklin), and I decided to indulge my Simmies, I knew they had to make that trek up to the Temple of Heaven for that picture. It's something that I would do in real life. I'm very tempted to make that picture my new desktop on my laptop - I still have the one of Marc catching his glowy butterfly up but I think this one might be good enough to warrant a change. Rica, the "smoke signal" is the waterfall way back behind the base camp.

I've never seen all the other tourists leave the base camp at the same time like that so I had to take a picture!

@ Phyre: That TV wall screamed for pictures to make it a super focal point in the room. I couldn't get the small and medium frames to hang lower on the wall but thank goodness the larger one did. And then when I realized there was a total of 8 frames, well as they say, the rest is history.

~~~~~

Fyve: Week 29: Friday and Saturday

Just a short update to finish up the week, and I'm finding it really hard to type this but it's my duty to report Sunburst family news. Here goes.

We get home from China OK without the Grim showing up on our doorstep. I head for the school to give a presentation about my trip. I'm trying to organize an exchange student program at our school and am having a difficult time convincing the school board trusties that the benefits will outweigh the downsides tenfold, or more. *Crossing my fingers* Here's to hoping this presentation is a turning point.

Mom sits down for some TV time with her Mom while Dad heads for a nap so he's well rested for work later tonight. Uncle Franklin heads outside to set up the new board breaker he picked up in China so he can join Mom in breaking space rocks in the back yard. Grandpa Wunn is at work, I think, while Grandpa Tu is in the Art Room sculpting. I believe Patrick's at work, at least that's where he's supposed to be at this hour.

Dad gets woken up from his nap by a soft nudge from the Grim. It's time.

Dad has seen and created chaos and evil in this world, joining the criminal ranks in an attempt to keep his family safe. It's better to know evil so that when it finds you, you can greet it as a friend instead of being scared and taken advantage of. That's what Dad told me when we were sitting by the fire Wednesday night. Dad greets the Grim with a firm handshake knowing he has done his best for his family and achieved his life goals. He is 90 days old, it is his day.

Mom is less peacefully inclined in her time of grief and proceeds to give the Grim a piece of her mind. She finds herself too choked up to say anything and just shakes his hand as her life's soul mate had just done. She is thankful the Grim didn't come early as he had with Wilbert, and not only did he give Dad the chance to see his daughter married, but he gave us a beautiful trip to China to make more memories and be a family.

Good-bye Dad. I set his urn on the side table in the dining room where it will stay for a few days.

R.I.P. Ernesto Curious Sunburst, age 90d
Father, Husband, Son-in-law, Brother-in-law, Friend, Emperor of Evil
He leaves behind a family, in-laws, friends, and co-workers
He joins in the after life his Parents and Grandparents

Excuse me, I need a Kleenex break, BRB.

~

We have an unwelcome visitor tonight. I guess news travels fast and the lower criminals don't understand the respect and authority Dad had in the Criminal world. In a fit of anger and grief, Grandpa Wunn makes a short call to Dad's former right-hand man. He made me promise to never tell Mom about this. This burglar should be happy to spend the night safe in jail because I shudder at the thought of what will happen when she gets out.

[Anybody else think this cop looks like Hank Goddard in the police uniform? A little skinnier perhaps.]

Saturday is a day off for everyone except Patrick, and Grandma Therie works in the late afternoon. We spend the day hanging out in the back yard. Mom is using her board breaker as a form of therapy to deal with Dad's death, Uncle Franklin shows his support as her brother by joining her.

Grandma Therie and I finally set up the trampoline that's been sitting in our Family Storage for ages. Grandpa Wunn found it at the Consignment Shop but never took the time to bring it home. We give it a try and have a blast!

Grandpa Wunn is working in his garden. He's been scouring the town for what he calls "Special Seeds" and has been planting a few of them over the past couple days. He says I'm going to need a Deathflower some day and he doesn't have any extras anymore. He has also recently replanted most of the other things he can grow because the stores in the fridge are getting low. He also plants the cherries Dad found in China for him, the one plant Grandpa Wunn has never had.

Grandpa Tu is, of course, holed up in Art Room, his favorite classical music blaring from the stereo. Grandma Therie says he does this after every family death, it reminds him of growing up with his brother Theo and having Marc teach them the joys of sculpting and painting in that room. I guess we all have our ways of dealing.

Patrick is at work cleaning up the disaster that passes for fashion sense in Twinbrook, one Sim, hair colour, shoe, set of glasses at a time.

I go to bed tonight alone, Patrick called saying his band was going to play on the stage at the gym until late, and to not wait up for him. I'm awakened at midnight or so with a feeling that something is wrong but I can't put my finger on it. Then I feel Patrick slipping into bed next to me and I fall back asleep reassured.

Next Week: Tomorrow is my Adult birthday and, now that there is an open space in the house (*Sniff* Good-bye Dad), will Patrick finally roll a wish for a nooboo? I was missing him in China and I rolled the nooboo wish while on our trip.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »
Aww, RIP Ernesto, you were a good mortal. :'(
Looking forward to the nooboo, though! Better roll it soon, Patrick!
Darn you, stupid, unrespectful burglars! >:(
One note though: Ernest glowed red even as a ghost, I didn't know they could! :o
Awesome update with lots of discoveries for me, personally, Lily! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »
RIP Ernesto :( 

Why is Patrick doing the strut? Hrm?  Bad Patrick.. Roll that wish for a nooboo already!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »
That cheating jerk! >:(
Lilygrl, can I hit Pattrick with my big stick?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #425 on: May 21, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »
Thanks guys! :D

@ Chronic: I didn't notice ghostly Ernesto's red glow until you mentioned it. Awesome! Apparently that perk follows him into the afterlife. I'll keep a close eye on his ghost when he comes out to see if he glows red then too.

@ Simstar: No sticks please, I wouldn't want to ruin that gorgeous face.

@ Rica: I guess we'll have to wait and see. I haven't played past this point so I have no idea what my Sims will do next week.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #426 on: May 21, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »
How about if I just hit his knee? :3
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #427 on: May 21, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
Oh I don't know, he needs his knees to play the keyboard. We wouldn't want him to have to give up his place in the band, would we?

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »
Wonderful updates, lilygirl!

I loved Ernesto and Fhore kissing in the spot they married - so sweet!  I'm glad they had that time together.  RIP Ernesto - despite your career you loved your family and that makes you okay by me!

Hmmm...I liked Patrick until he started strutting...I'm interested to see how this turns out.  He wouldn't be strutting around on Fyve if her daddy were still alive...

Love, love, love the vacation house - the pics around the TV look awesome! 

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #429 on: May 21, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »
Oh don't know, he needs his knees to play the keyboard. We wouldn't want him to have to give up his place in the band, would we?
His arm?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #430 on: May 22, 2011, 12:43:59 AM »
R.I.P. Ernesto. You will be missed. How dare Patrick strut while his wife is in bed! That's so not cool!  :(

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #431 on: May 22, 2011, 12:54:31 AM »
His arm?

Simstar, the way he plays the keyboard, he needs those too, and for giving makeovers. ;)

Thanks Katluvr and Esther!

I made some serious progress on my Rabbit Hole challenge today, but with my husband off work the next 2 days, there won't be any Dynasty or Challenge Simming with him playing EVE on the PC. Maybe I'll finally install LN on my Mac and build another house - I only have like 4 house plans tabbed since like forever! Sounds like a good time to rummage through the Building Requests thread and see what I can fulfill.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #432 on: May 22, 2011, 01:01:50 AM »
Uhm...
Well, I gotta hit SOMEthing! >:(
He's a cheating jerk!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #433 on: May 22, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »
Well, I suppose, if you absolutely have to, Simstar. *Hands over Patrick's awesomely purple keyboard.* Fyve's planning on getting him a bass anyway so he won't be needing this anymore.

OK, I'm done teasing now. :)  If you need to give him a smack, he's a big boy and can defend himself. I'd suggest rehearsing how you're going to explain this to Fyve though. Do you really want to be the one to pop her obliviously-happy-and-so-in-love bubble? And what if you're wrong? Personally, I'm going to let Patrick do the explaining on this one. She's just so happy right now. Well, minus the part where her Dad just passed away.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #434 on: May 22, 2011, 01:16:27 AM »
How could we be wrong? We all know what that strut means! His wife is on the home lot, in bed so obviously we know what he did! Poor Fyve, losing her father than finding out her husband cheated on her. Men are so insensitive!!

anything