Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128514 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
Tu: House Pics Take 2

As per fan requests I went around and took pictures of the rooms in the house we are using (the ones with windows). Except Mom and Dad's room, it hasn't changed so check a few pages back for that (pg 4). Currently only four rooms are totally done: Master bedroom and bathroom, me and Zo's bedroom, and the art room. Everything else still needs work, but first we are saving to buy the consignment shop (approx 115,000 Simoleons!)

From the street:

Around behind the garage you will find Dad's pond and garden. Landscaping is still in the beginning stages.

The front entrance - AKA Therie's nursery:

The door to the left of the front stairs leads to the main floor bathroom (previously Marc's room):

Turning right from the front entrance you walk into the living room: The fish tank is home to 2 Deathfish - Dad's hoping for procreation.

It also holds the treadmill, which used to be where Therie's crib is now: The door leads to an empty room which was added to make a better looking roof.

Next we have the kitchen with breakfast nook: Notice Mom's fancy fridge!

Through the archway is the dining room:

Past the breakfast nook is the back hall leading to the master en-suite on the left (see a previous post), back stairs and art room to the right:

(The little hallway to the left past the art room is going to have doors leading to a deck one of these days. Right now it holds my fat YA ice sculpture - AKA replaced museum piece.)

Upstairs landing: Railings not yet complete which is why Therie has to sleep downstairs.

The half a door (right, at the top of the back stairs) leads to the bathroom:

Then moving to the left (over the art room below) is our bedroom (Zo and I): The purple accents are for her.

Featured are my important paintings: (L-R) First one, first Brilliant one, first Masterpiece, #30+Brilliant #6 (my two-fer), and baby Therie. Mom and Dad have paintings of Theo and I as babies done by Marc hanging in their room, and I thought it was something I could make into a tradition.

Then Theo's room: (future bathroom)

He also has his first painting and first Brilliant painting displayed. His first Masterpiece will go up there too - if/when he gets one done.

That's it for now, the garage doesn't need a picture as there is nothing in it. The first level basement - not accessible to Sims (burglar proof!) - holds the beginnings of our family museum.

Later. I've got a little darling to snuggle!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2011, 10:23:51 PM »
Awesome house Lily!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:31 PM »
Lovely house! I like the color scheme and the little fountain in the front :)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »
Love it!! Great job!

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 04:43:36 AM »
Stunning house, my favourite room has to be the living room  :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »
Lily? Are you there? :o

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 02:41:16 AM »
I'm still here, sitting in my husband's Grandma's old desk chair we inherited when we got married. This is my spot.

I usually just come by the forum in the mornings over breakfast and again before bed, unless I have posts to put up. Right now I'm spending every minute my husband is at work playing the first tournament challenge on the PC (because it has LN installed) so I'm not playing my Dynasty much. I'm into week 5 in the challenge and it's going well so far.

Perhaps I need to acknowledge the comments I receive more often, I apologize. I read each one but don't always comment back. I shall strive to do better! So here goes.

@ Esther, Kattiq, Bde, and Sassy: Thank you to everyone one for stopping by and dropping a line or two! As you can tell even just from the outside, there is still much work to be done on the house and grounds. I'm glad you enjoy the living room, Sassy. The wall colouring is an unchanged in-game option that was never supposed to stay (I get bored of trying to make the walls different but matching throughout the house.) I had plans to change the colour scheme to purple since that is Wunn's favorite colour but the light green/teal has grown on me. I'll definitely be changing the type of wall covering but will look to keep the colour very similar. I love my teal couches and I want to keep them!

I'll probably be playing my Dynasty tomorrow (well, later today after I've slept as it's 1:40am here) but they're at the beginning of their week so probably no actual update until later in my week. My husband has tomorrow off so I'm back to the laptop.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:22 AM »
Woot! Nope I was just whining for an update. ;D

I am a bit of a last minute person so I will get to the tournament soon. I have to get all these screenshots out of my folder so I can make room for more.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »
You're welcome Lily! It's a beautiful house and a beautifully written story!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 11:51:59 PM »
Tu: Week 11 (Apparently - I had to go back and check!) Part 1

There is so much going on this week that I'm going to break this update into 2 parts. Wow!

Ok, where to start? Hmmm. I guess I'll start with Theo's awesome news. After weeks of running around and getting bested by low needs and a work schedule, Theo finally manages to ask his girlfriend Casey Drudge (daughter of Shamus and Eva) the ultimate question, right on the front porch!

When no excuse pops up this time, she has to say yes!

Then Theo and I have our adult birthdays. I'm not sure why Mom insists on making a big deal about this, it's not like we change that much.

There, it's done. More cake for the fridge.

Whenever she gets a free moment, which isn't often with an elderly mother and Grandmother living in the house, little Therie reads her toddler books in the living room.

Mom insists there are better ways to pass on her skills but, until Therie ages into a child, this will have to do.

Theo start going crazy, and with Therie's museum pieces done, he slips out for a date with his Casey.

Looks like there is a cousin on the way for Therie!

Late tonight, after everyone heads for bed, Alanna stops by with news.

I guess being scared of my baby girl growing up and then going to a movie with my best friend wasn't such a good idea. Ok, maybe the sneaking off to Dad's fishing hole afterward wasn't a good idea. I have another daughter. Alanna named her Tammy. I can stop by any day to meet her. She is such a beautiful happy baby. Goodwin says I need to step up and provide for my daughter. Thoughts spinning in my head. How did this happen? How could I have let this happen? How do I tell Zo?!

With a hug, she says everything will be alright, no pressure. Sure, I nod, no pressure. I have another daughter!

I try and process this information and too soon my little girl is having another birthday. Again, I call up Alanna but this time we don't go out, instead I ask her to bring Tammy over to meet the family. There will be more step-kids around.

Mom scoops up little Therie for one more hug and then helps her blow out the birthday candles.

That is Tammy. The girl on the right. [The game aged her up faster than Therie.]

Here she is, all grown up (almost) and wearing her best dress.

This is her new room (above the dining room). Dad had the builders stop by during the party to finish the last minute details and I hung up the painting I did of her and Theo. She loves the colour blue!

Part 2 Tu come.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 11:55:40 PM »
Happy birthday!!! I love the room! It is too cute. Someone is making sure he spreads the family out. ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:03 AM »
Tu: Week 11 Part Tu

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, Therie just had her birthday.

Marc is feeling a little left out of all the excitement so he comes out for a couple days before we tell him to get out convince him to take a break.

He refuses to finish the metal horse, rightly so I guess.

Mom starts out in full force teaching Therie everything there is to know about cooking with Deathfish and Life Fruit baking muffins. Mom even bought Therie a kitchen outfit, on Therie's insistence, and her own little starter oven.

Lets hope they don't burn the house down!

I offer to try Therie's first muffin but she says the first one is always for the chef! So I have some of my favorite Grilled Cheese instead. Check out our newly finished dining room!

Dad convinces Mom to get a bunch of her photographs framed and then he hangs them up around the house. These three are places around town: (L-R) Wunn Lollypop Bistro, City Hall, Central Park.

Zo has to hold an Immunization Clinic as part of her Trauma Surgeon training. It's at the Graveyard of all places! They don't all seem confidant about Zo's skills.

Although, from the looks of that needle I'd be feeling a little scared myself! There is always that one person that has to try everything to gain back the life they've lost!

Zo confirms it doesn't work to bring back the dead, sorry Marc.

About my previous comment on more step-kids, well Dad has this best friend whose boyfriend couldn't have kids. So I guess there was some serious discussions involving Dad, Mom, Dad's friend and her boyfriend. I believe Therie's new friends are also her aunt and uncle, but both Mom and Dad aren't confirming or denying anything.

The girl is Lindy and her younger brother is Steve. According to their birth certificates they are Thomas Castor and Chase Bayless' s kids, but they both have Dad's hair, in my opinion.

That reminds me, I need to send Therie out to Dad's fishing hole to try out the water slide for you all. Maybe she can throw a party and invite all her friends.

Next week: Mom's still going strong but how long does she have? What are Theo and Casey's plans, Mom and Dad both want 5 grandkids!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2011, 05:41:48 AM »
Great update!

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »
Cool update!!

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »
Is the boy a possible future husband?