Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651574 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1725 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
Vinyl, I think you can see the future spouse's family tree once the heir starts going steady with the person. Of course, breaking up with that person would give your heir a bad reputation, but that's something that can be lived with.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1726 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
I want to reiterate this for everyone so that it's perfecly clear.

Couples like the Wainwrights are no longer allowed for founders.  Jared Frio is no longer allowed to be a founder.  Heirs can only be born from two people who have never had another child.  Being firstborn is what makes an heir special.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #1727 on: April 06, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
I think I may start my first attempt at this tonight - I picked my founders for my first and hopefully last try (assuming everyone cooperates - let's just say were it not for Supernatural, I wouldn't be trying this) and decided on the first two of 3 towns.  I just have a few questions:

1. Can best friends can include household members? I know they do not need to be unique from one household to the next, but I wasn't sure if they were allowed to live with the heir or not at the time of completion.
2. Can population & environment controls be altered at the start of a new town, i.e., have vampires off in the first town with a static moon cycle, and then switch to all life states with a rotating cycle in the second and/or third towns? Obviously they would only be changed at the start of a new town during the Edit Town process, never during.
3. Are stolen objects an acceptable item type to leave behind? I know it's not the most lucrative, but it makes the most sense considering who I plan to have as the founding father/tombstone producer. :P

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1728 on: April 06, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
I think I may start my first attempt at this tonight - I picked my founders for my first and hopefully last try (assuming everyone cooperates - let's just say were it not for Supernatural, I wouldn't be trying this) and decided on the first two of 3 towns.  I just have a few questions:

1. Can best friends can include household members? I know they do not need to be unique from one household to the next, but I wasn't sure if they were allowed to live with the heir or not at the time of completion.
2. Can population & environment controls be altered at the start of a new town, i.e., have vampires off in the first town with a static moon cycle, and then switch to all life states with a rotating cycle in the second and/or third towns? Obviously they would only be changed at the start of a new town during the Edit Town process, never during.
3. Are stolen objects an acceptable item type to leave behind? I know it's not the most lucrative, but it makes the most sense considering who I plan to have as the founding father/tombstone producer. :P

Thanks!

1. Best Friends can be household members. 
2. Game Options have to remain the same for the entire dynasty.  The only time this changes is when new options are introduced.
3. I'm of the mind that this is a no but Metro may feel differently.  He should see this post in the morning and say one way or the other.  However, I feel that they don't count because they are not created, found or given to you.   They're taken. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #1729 on: April 06, 2013, 12:43:41 AM »
Thanks Rica - regarding the items, I see an argument to be made for the fact that they are "found" in a sense, but I get your reasoning and I'll think of an alternate item in the meantime. I'm also going to tweak some of my starting strategy due to a few things I noticed while on the sims wiki - one big thing is that Miss Nellie has a conflicting trait with the man I want to be her intended. Whoops. Maybe they'll overcome it anyway or have enough money where it doesn't matter much, we'll see. :P

Edit: I'm still curious about the stolen items since it may come up during gameplay, but after reviewing the wiki some more I think I found a more appropriate partner - there will be a change in who will be the tombstone and a temporary May-December romance, but hopefully his father won't mind, heh. Perhaps I'll get who was going to be the spouse to move in anyway as extra tombstone insurance.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1730 on: April 06, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
Rica, when you say Game Options have to stay the same when you move, does that include Seasons? It would seem to me that you should be able to change seasons to reflect the climate of the town you have moved to. I know that I changed seasons when I moved to Lucky Palms, eliminating all precipitation except hail because it was a town in the desert.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1731 on: April 06, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
Rica, when you say Game Options have to stay the same when you move, does that include Seasons? It would seem to me that you should be able to change seasons to reflect the climate of the town you have moved to. I know that I changed seasons when I moved to Lucky Palms, eliminating all precipitation except hail because it was a town in the desert.

While I totally get why you did that in the future please do not change any settings at all..no matter if you change towns or not. Options are not to be changed once you begin a file.

Edit: I'm still curious about the stolen items since it may come up during gameplay...

Stolen items are fine for a collection.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1732 on: April 06, 2013, 10:43:15 AM »
Some quick clarifications to add.

Stolen items must be items that are stolen by a Sim.  There has to be an interaction involved.  Items stolen while inside of a rabbit hole are not acceptable.

Also - please remember that this is a TOWNIE DecaDynasty.   All heirs must be born to townies, not former NPCs.  You cannot move in a maid, butler, mixologist, etc. to have the next generation.  The spirit of the challenge is to move into a new townie household and have a child with someone in that household.   Not move into a new household, say "Sorry sucker" and then move in another person to bring in the next heir.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1733 on: April 06, 2013, 10:58:17 AM »
So by my reckoning eligible townies in Sunset Valley are:

Christopher Steel.
Zelda Mae.(only allowed as a spouse)
Connor Frio.
Stiles McGraw.
Cyclone3Sword.
Blair Wainwright.
Emma Hatch.
Tamara Donner.
Madison VanWatson.
Ayesha Ansari.
Tori Kimura.
Monica Morris.
Gobias Koffi.
Xander Clavell.(Only allowed as spouse)
Thornton Wolff.
Victoria Andrews.
Beau Andrews.
Jamie Jolina.
Erin Kennedy.
Pauline Wan.
Hank Goddard.
Morgana Wolff.
Agnes Crumplebottom.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1734 on: April 06, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
Some should be noted as only eligible as spouses due to starting in ineligible households (Zelda and Xander). And Victoria Andrews isn't on the list in spite of being as eligible as her husband as a decadynasty founder. Otherwise, it looks fine.

The spirit of the challenge is to move into a new townie household and have a child with someone in that household.   Not move into a new household, say "Sorry sucker" and then move in another person to bring in the next heir.

I might be overanalyzing things, but does this constitute a flat-ban on moving in anyone else to bring in the next heir, or is it still referring to the new ban on moving in NPCs to bring in the next heir?

I just want to refine my plans before I start and make sure that they don't break any rules.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1735 on: April 06, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Don't forget there are some people who age up that would still give you time to have a baby.   Holly Alto and Bebe Hart come to mind.    Rachel you don't need to do a list unless you absolutely want to. 

I might be overanalyzing things, but does this constitute a flat-ban on moving in anyone else to bring in the next heir, or is it still referring to the new ban on moving in NPCs to bring in the next heir?

I just want to refine my plans before I start and make sure that they don't break any rules.

Metro: it's a flat ban on bringing anyone else in for the purposes of having an heir.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1736 on: April 06, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »
I like making lists  ;D

There are a surprising number of Riverview townies that can be used. Seeing them in a list makes me go hummm.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1737 on: April 06, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »
Regarding the recent change of the rules : Are those of us who have moved in spouses with children before the change still eligible for Hall of Fame?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1738 on: April 06, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
Regarding the recent change of the rules : Are those of us who have moved in spouses with children before the change still eligible for Hall of Fame?

Yes.   We can't hold you responsible for something that wasn't true at the time.  This only holds for people who used parents with children for founders.    If you married someone with children after February 2nd then you've already failed based upon a ruling that happened at that time that said an heir must be a first born to their parents.  See this link for the prior ruling.

The clarification came yesterday regarding founders also being held to this rule.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1739 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »
Ratchie,

Great lists! I'm wondering if you could start a new thread in the Townie Decadynasty stories section -- Eligible Founders or something like that, and put your lists there? I can add some of the other towns later this afternoon. That way people won't try and start with Gunther Goth or someone (sorry -- I couldn't resist.)

anything