Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195215 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #450 on: January 30, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »
@LenaLJ and @MarianT

Sorry for being a pest and thank you for clarifying. I've even saved a copy of that page in HTML but I seem to be having reading comprehension issues.
I wasn't sure if the Retail option was an either store or restaurant option. I appreciate your letting me know that it's both.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #451 on: January 30, 2017, 11:34:53 PM »
Hi, guys, I know we've been asking a lot of questions lately but I have one more that I just want to make sure about. Two of the Vampire Aspirations have X day requirements in the final tier. My question is this: The Vampire Aspirations cannot be started/worked on until the heir is moved out, correct? When can we start giving our vampires their powers, ie, does an heir need to move out before they gain any power (they can gain points but not spend them) or can they start working on it at home? Thanks so much for adding vampires to this challenge, you have no idea how happy and interested in doing this that makes me. Hope you all have a good night!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #452 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
Hi, guys, I know we've been asking a lot of questions lately but I have one more that I just want to make sure about. Two of the Vampire Aspirations have X day requirements in the final tier. My question is this: The Vampire Aspirations cannot be started/worked on until the heir is moved out, correct? When can we start giving our vampires their powers, ie, does an heir need to move out before they gain any power (they can gain points but not spend them) or can they start working on it at home? Thanks so much for adding vampires to this challenge, you have no idea how happy and interested in doing this that makes me. Hope you all have a good night!

Don't apologize for asking questions -- that's part of the process. If your heir finishes the required unique aspiration, then it's fine if he or she starts on the vampire one. We don't allow that for the Mansion Baron option because it would be too easy to complete that based on the parents' house. I'm not too concerned about the 14-day and 20-day requirements. Your vampires will have to raise their children, and the vampire aspirations can be maxed pretty quickly.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #453 on: January 31, 2017, 11:06:55 PM »
I want to restart a rival dynasty challenge as this is my ultimate favorite!!! Sadly, my computer crashed and it has taken me a while to get a new computer. My game has been moved to the graveyard, which is okay due to not having my files on the new computer. However, I would like to know if I can utilize much of the intro that I used from the first one. I am thinking that I can since as it was mine originally it wouldn't be plagiarizing, but I  just want to make sure before I proceed.

Another question I have is can we only utilize either the lot traits or the club perk as in the immortal dynasty?

Thank you!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #454 on: February 01, 2017, 03:15:03 PM »
I kind of just realized that the rules don't say we can use MaxisCreator_01 lots. It just says Maxis created.  I don't want to assume that you mean those as well so I thought to ask for clarification before I get really too far in my game and then realize I broke the rules from the beginning.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #455 on: February 01, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
I kind of just realized that the rules don't say we can use MaxisCreator_01 lots. It just says Maxis created.  I don't want to assume that you mean those as well so I thought to ask for clarification before I get really too far in my game and then realize I broke the rules from the beginning.

I think the MaxisCreator_01 lots are okay. It's been over a year since we wrote the RDC rules, and they are allowed for the Townie Dynasty, so that would be consistent. Check out #carlsguiderdc, too, for houses made by Forum members.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #456 on: February 01, 2017, 03:54:43 PM »
(1) About the reward traits for the Mansion Baron line:
3. Get the rewards Frugal, Carefree, Connections, and Professional Slacker.

Are these four traits off limits to other non-vampire bloodlines? (since the vampire line can't buy traits and use their powers instead...)
Specifically, are they available to my Retail lineage?

(2) Also am I correct in assuming that retail option venues (shops/restaurants) may not use lot traits?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #457 on: February 01, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »
(1) About the reward traits for the Mansion Baron line:
3. Get the rewards Frugal, Carefree, Connections, and Professional Slacker.

Are these four traits off limits to other non-vampire bloodlines? (since the vampire line can't buy traits and use their powers instead...)
Specifically, are they available to my Retail lineage?

(2) Also am I correct in assuming that retail option venues (shops/restaurants) may not use lot traits?

1. Any bloodline may get the reward traits required for the Mansion Baron option.

2. Shops and restaurants may have lot traits assigned to them, similar to the rules for houses.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #458 on: February 01, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »
Thank you for your timely response!
I love the answers to both questions!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #459 on: February 01, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »
I'm truly sorry to be asking so many questions but I can't figure out what "Restaurant sales price" means.
On my new restaurant lot, when I click "Lot info" on the upper left, I see that a "Lot value" of $28,395. Is this the figure that needs to reach $100,000?

Making money outside the restaurant and simply transferring cash to the restaurant's "Business Funds" doesn't sound right.
It's also not how last year's tournament challenge calculated "restaurant worth" value though I don't remember how we calculated it.

For the store as well, how do we check the sales price?
Thank you for reading. And sorry for being so dense.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: February 01, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »
I'm truly sorry to be asking so many questions but I can't figure out what "Restaurant sales price" means.
On my new restaurant lot, when I click "Lot info" on the upper left, I see that a "Lot value" of $28,395. Is this the figure that needs to reach $100,000?

Making money outside the restaurant and simply transferring cash to the restaurant's "Business Funds" doesn't sound right.
It's also not how last year's tournament challenge calculated "restaurant worth" value though I don't remember how we calculated it.

For the store as well, how do we check the sales price?
Thank you for reading. And sorry for being so dense.

You couldn't transfer in the challenge last year, but you can transfer from Household Income if you want. You check the sales price by trying to sell the restaurant or store. Just don't complete the transaction if you're under $100,000 or want to keep the store.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #461 on: February 01, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
@MarianT

Thank you so much!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #462 on: February 01, 2017, 10:32:54 PM »
With the ability to age up heirs after they've achieved certain requirements, what about other children in the house?  Like spares or future spouses or anything along those lines.  Are we able to age them up early or do they have to wait the full term of imprisonment within tiny bodies?  ;)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #463 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:06 AM »
With the ability to age up heirs after they've achieved certain requirements, what about other children in the house?  Like spares or future spouses or anything along those lines.  Are we able to age them up early or do they have to wait the full term of imprisonment within tiny bodies?  ;)

They have to wait the full term.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: February 03, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
Added:

You may download lots from EAaccount MaxisCreator_01 on the Gallery.