Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240845 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #555 on: May 25, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
Not exactly a tip, but something curious I noticed while playing. Some of my townies have exceptionally long lives. My Gen 3 is now young adult and Illiana Langerak is STILL alive!!! Is this a common feature with broken story progression?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
This is random and happened before and after babies stopped being born.   She's not a fairy or vamp right?

My life states is in week 20 and the paper boy that starts on Day 1 of Sunset Valley just became an elder.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #557 on: May 25, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »
You also get far fewer opportunities if you skill up and max before Young Adult or in a travel location (this includes University).   This also goes for Multi Tab and Brain Enhancing use.

Lucky for me, she already had her 6 opportunities. Now, come to think of it, my third heir is a teen and attempting to supermax writing while in China. Hmm... I might have to to rethink. I'll have her do all of her High School Opps. But I plan for her to career to be the rabbithole for writing, so she'll probably get some Opps there. (I can't remember what the career's actual name is... business, maybe?)
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #558 on: May 25, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »
Journalism uses charisma and writing though if that's what you mean.  Business doesn't require a skill.  Yeah opps can be good from rabbit hole careers as long as it's not a combination one.

Just remember with the mods you're downloading that they can't be active in your dynasty or you lose HOF status.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2013, 05:25:52 PM »
With the release of Dragon Valley on May 30th, all players of the dynasty challenges are asked to refrain from using any of it's content until the challenge board team has had time to review what is being released. 

If you want to explore the new content, that is what a new game is for.   Dynasties are not allowed to be started in this world until after the go ahead is given.   That means don't start one saying "Oh they'll approve it of course.  I just won't post until they do."

Remember the challenge team is made up of people, too.   Two out of three have children of their own while the other one's job centers around children.  We have families and we would like to play some ourselves while still making sure you guys have all the information you need.   Just like with University Life, we will get back to everyone as soon as is possible with our three schedules.   This material is not banned infinitely.  Just for now.

Thank you.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »
Journalism uses charisma and writing though if that's what you mean.  Business doesn't require a skill.  Yeah opps can be good from rabbit hole careers as long as it's not a combination one.

Just remember with the mods you're downloading that they can't be active in your dynasty or you lose HOF status.
Journalism! Oh yeah, thats it! *slaps forehead*
  Ok, with Twallan's SP mod, it asks for you to activate/ deactivate it per game/ town/ file, so if I clicked no when it asks me to enable it ( I have not played my ID file since installing it), could I still be considered HOF status? In other words, it would not be used in my ID file. Sorry that I'm getting a little off topic. Thanks
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
You would have to remove it from your game completely to keep HOF status.   It can't be installed at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
(I don't use mods at all, so this is not for my benefit.)

If she wanted to do so, would it be acceptable to reinstall the mod while playing other non-Challenge games, and then when time to play the Immortal Dynasty, uninstall it (and then reinstall later for non-Challenge games)?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #563 on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
Yes you can do that as long as the challenge or dynasty file is never opened while the mod is in place.  That's why it's always recommended to do the factory reset option for challenge files.  I actually have one folder for dynasties, one folder for challenges without any store content installed and one folder with all the mods I love to use in it for my fun games.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #564 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »
After a half day of playing with them, I've come to very much dislike the playpen I got with Aurora Skies for use in immortal dynasties. I've found that adults in the household will randomly choose to take toddlers from their cot and put them in the playpen and that the toddlers will then choose to either play with the mirror (I presume in time, it'll increase charisma) or play with the abacus (I presume in time it'll increase logic - like the peg blocks do). There is also an option for the toddler in their walkers to "play in walker" which seems to also be increasing some kind of hidden skill (which I presume when they get older will increase the toddler's athletic skill).

Thankfully this has just been happening to the future-spouse-to-generation-two-toddler and not the generation-two-toddler, as I've been keeping him busy with his imaginary friend doll.

I also had a photographer train his camera on the pen and the walker, and it didn't seem to register as anything.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #565 on: May 29, 2013, 09:41:06 PM »
The walker is actually handiness.  You're right about the playpen though.  It's logic and charisma.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #566 on: May 31, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »
But I plan for her to career to be the rabbithole for writing, so she'll probably get some Opps there. (I can't remember what the career's actual name is... business, maybe?)

The new video games developer carrer that comes with University uses the bussines rabbithole and demand for writting skill.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #567 on: June 01, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
My second generation immortal's childhood fell during winter and each day proved to be declared a snow day. I really wanted to pick his childhood-teenage trait, and I decided I was going to have to pass up my plan to make a latter immortal supermax logic as a result and risk him gaining too much logic from being tutored. He had no logic points prior to being tutored, and as a child, he was tutored from a C level to an A level and gained no logic as a result of the home tutoring, so I was rather pleased with that outcome, and at this stage, logic is still a viable supermax, probably generation 3.

Also, I've set my seasons to 15 days each this time round. For my first winter, Snowflake Day has fallen on Saturday, which seems to simply mean I have an extra day for a snow day, which does impact school, but not fishing.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #568 on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »
With the skilling glitch that came with patch 1.50, it can be harder than ever to keep your immortals from invalidating each other's supermaxes. The key to preventing the glitch is to save with everyone in a mood lower than Elated; i.e., their mood bars are not glowing. Here are some tips I've discovered that help lower mood:

• The following elixirs are helpful: Flask of Angry Bees, Origin of the Tragic Clown, Potent Melancholy Serum, Ad Nauseam
  • The following potions from the Chemistry set (Generations) are helpful: Liquid Horror, Stink Juice, Bladder Flow
  • If the Sims is Teen or up, you can Zap them with the Moodlet Manager until their motives are low and they have bad moodlets
  • You can have them clean the bees without smoking the hive first, but you may have to do it over and over before it works. Flask of Angry Bees is much faster and can be purchased at the Elixir Consignment Shop or made by a relatively low-level alchemist.
  • Babies almost always have less than Elated by themselves unless you work hard to make it otherwise. Toddlers are harder because none of the above work on them (the same goes for pets) so try to plan your save for when they're already in a bad mood--hungry, tired, or have just wet themselves. Or all of the above.
  • I usually lock them all in one room while this is going on, otherwise they run off and fulfil their needs and I have to start over again. Watch parents to be sure they don't change the toddlers! In fact, it may be helpful to lock the toddlers in a different room.
  • Try to avoid doing this right before work or school. Try for evening instead, when they have the whole night to get their moods back up.

I hope this helps.

By samoht04

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #569 on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:29 AM »
also, have one super-messy room that everyone can stand in when you save, maybe "weird science" a negative moodlet onto something, use the moodlet manager to zap everyone... but it's only a few weeks until the next patch...fingers crossed...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms