Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240852 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
Write down the idea and then just keep on trucking?   Or write it down and map out all the resulting actions of that one move.  How does it fit in your story?  What will he do in the house?  Will he contribute or get in the way?   Does his presence serve a purpose that can't be handled by someone else?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »
Write down the idea and then just keep on trucking?   Or write it down and map out all the resulting actions of that one move.  How does it fit in your story?  What will he do in the house?  Will he contribute or get in the way?   Does his presence serve a purpose that can't be handled by someone else?

That's actually really good advice for anyone you plan to add to the household, 'brain explosion' or not ;)

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »

This is a bit random, and certainly not a necessity for a dynasty, but . . . I love floor hygienators. I mentioned in a story thread that I love putting them under exercise equipment, but there's tons of other great places for them. Any place a sim will be for an extended period of time or go often could use a floor hygienator. In my house, my sims almost never bathe anymore because floor hygienators keep them squeaky clean. It's a bit of a luxury, for sure, but it also comes in handy for those painters/sculptors in your dynasty who you don't want to be distracted with things like bathing.

Some great places: in front of skilling objects, exercise equipment, under beds, under tables, couches, doorways. And my favorite? Under the crib. If you don't want to change your nooboo's diaper, don't worry, floor hygeniator will take care of it!

Offline Oathbear

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
I used to plant three floor hygienators below stuffs like easel for its moodlet, and I never noticed that it adds hygiene. Cool tip.

By the way, not sure where to ask, but do Nectar Making have opportunities?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2013, 09:29:32 AM »
I used to plant three floor hygienators below stuffs like easel for its moodlet, and I never noticed that it adds hygiene. Cool tip.

By the way, not sure where to ask, but do Nectar Making have opportunities?

According to the Prima guide for WA - no.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:41 AM »
...although there appear to be a few career opportunities that open up if you have the Nectar Making skill - I recall someone getting a very lucrative one in a different challenge in 2011, I think from the Military career.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »
True you can get opportunites from both business and military about turning in nectar bottles but those are random and it might be best to rely on another skill to gather opportunities.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:23 AM »
Speaking of opportunities, each opportunity has set levels at which it will be triggered. So for anyone struggling to get opportunities once they have reached level 10, it may well be that the rest of the opportunities were only available at lower levels. Also, some opportunities cannot be repeated.

My major tip that I posted in the challenge thread is: use the alchemy cabinet to store your ambrosia (for your founder)! It doesn't go bad in there, and the sims can't pull it out. Travelling is banned until gen 2 (so no WA chests), and if you don't want to travel at all due to bugs, then the alchemy cabinet is great!

My tips for Monte Vista:
- Use the lot at the end of the road next to the fishing lot - that one didn't get bugged on building, the one on the other side of town did.
- Use the GilsCarbo family: Carlotta is perfect for fishing, gardening and/or cooking, and an already completed LTW, Goopy can be skilled up to be a painter for later, and the Dad can just run around doing any extra things that need doing, like Alchemy, collecting, buying potions or cameras...
- Use Carlo Mancini for an immediate portrait, and a quick demise
- Use Gino Ferrari for the car, and better yet, the Minus 1 Kelvin Fridge by Friday night week 1, and yet more LTH points with another completed LTW
- Use Su Lin Chang for a sculptor. Have her invite her boss over, make them BFFs, then ask for a promotion. More instant LTH points and completed LTW, so you can give her midlife crisis and make her a sculptor/photographer.

The swiftgro station, the sunflower, along with the produce stand from the Al Fresco market do indeed make gardening a breeze. If you give a sim the gatherer trait, skill up by planting produce (then deleting it) in combination with the multitab, you can have perfect crops in the first couple of days, or the first day even, depending on your starting sim. Plus the sunlight gives a +40 mood boost if your sim keeps one in their inventory, and lasts about 18 hours, even if it only says 1hr on the moodlet.

Locking doors is a very good idea - I've given each member of my household their own little studio to do their thing, equipped with everything they need. If they are painting or sculpting, the door gets unlocked every now and then for someone to come in and clean, or to let them out to get in the motive mobile.

With the motive mobile, they don't actually have to stay in it for their motives to go up. They only need to get in it. If you cancel the action, the motives keep going up until they are full.

With lots of money to spend, you don't even necessarily have to have an alchemist, though it could be tiring if you have bad luck. You can buy out the potion store inventory like the normal consignment shop to get what you want. By the end of week four on my most recent attempt my sims had over 1.4 million simoleans. I don't feel compelled to spend it, however. I have to keep reminding myself that it is ok to spend it! Frugal by nature, I guess.

Also, selling lots of paintings that you have saved up helps to generate some pretty big wishes. Save your paintings, and then when you have a slot that isn't already occupied by something big, sell a few and then lock in the wish.

Sims also seem to get a wish to buy bonehilda every time they encounter a dirty toilet. That's 1500 happiness points right there! Worth not making it self-cleaning!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #338 on: January 25, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »
Chuckles, I'm sure with all the different opportunities in the game, you don't want to post a list of what's what - but is the process of finding out the skill levels and so forth something that could be done by an average user? Or does it require special tools?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »
I think Chuckles information comes from going into the game files.  My favorite website for Opportunities can be found here but it doesn't have the levels involved and only covers base game information. 

I used to think the MultiTab was a godsend but the more trouble I have with getting opportunities makes it seem less so with some of the requirements. 

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
Chuckles, I'm sure with all the different opportunities in the game, you don't want to post a list of what's what - but is the process of finding out the skill levels and so forth something that could be done by an average user? Or does it require special tools?

It could, in theory, be done without any special tools, but for what Chuckles has found, it's located in gameplaydata.package, in an XML File, and Packages can only be opened with s3pe or similar.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
I used to think the MultiTab was a godsend but the more trouble I have with getting opportunities makes it seem less so with some of the requirements.

I had read about how hard getting ops when level 10 prior to starting my dynasty, and purposefully didn't let the heirs use the multitab because of that. I did however find it very convenient when skilling up helper sims, so my advice would be to use with caution.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:35 PM »
The information could theoretically be shared in notepad form, but I don't know if it's ok to share such a large chunk of EA's code like that. Possibly in the future I, or someone else interested in the code, could type up a page similar to what I did with the sculpting. It's very extensive though, and there are additional files for each expansion.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #343 on: January 25, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
I use it for skills for to be immortals that I'm not intending to be targeted supermax skills but are needed for either LTW or dynastic purposes. Photography is one that I generally raise in this way. I also pretty well use it for non immortals to improve their skills in the early day.

I also use it for children/teens for their homework.

Once the to be immortals have used it sufficiently for my purposes, I take it off them and either give it to a non immortal, or stick it in storage. I don't want a to be immortal to go ahead and do something with it I don't want them to do with it, thank you very much. :D

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
Spoiler Alert

I put together a detailed list of career and skill opportunities that Carl and Anuska are working on for inclusion in the guide.  I'm sure you'll hear something soon.  ;) 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

anything