Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243005 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »
I've actually found photography to be fairly easy to get to Level 10 + Photog challenge (75 pictures, increases the value of all photos) - if I start with the book, it takes about 2 game days of reasonably intensive work, not even like getting Ice Personality in a hurry where all the sim can do is sculpt and go sit in the motive mobile for a minute.

It helps if you can get a head start, and if you're in a town where all the buildings register - starting out, when I find a gem or metal that's in the Collectables list, I stash it. I make sure to keep plants on the Plants and Flowers list around - you can even photograph dead ones and it'll register, or a lot of them will be in people's gardens around town. I admit I bought a candle and a tissue box just for the photography skill, but the "still life" and "house and home" sets are pretty easy to get, in general.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »
New intel on potential housemates:

Both Agnes Crumplebottom and the Wolffs own the famous $85,000 car, which means that by moving in both sets of households one can easily make over $200,000 at the very beginning of the dynasty. I actually didn't know the Wolff's had this car, which was a very pleasant surprise!

Edit:
Okay, I spent 2 weeks making my sculptor an Ice Personality--then discovered that, for whatever reason, she can't sculpt an Ice Sim. The sculptor and sculptee just stand there for a few hours, then the action cancels. Any knowledge as to how to prevent this?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »
Both Agnes Crumplebottom and the Wolffs own the famous $85,000 car, which means that by moving in both sets of households one can easily make over $200,000 at the very beginning of the dynasty. I actually didn't know the Wolff's had this car, which was a very pleasant surprise!

Be careful that you have enough room to bring in the next Generation. I'm nearly at the limit with my Founder, Generation 2 + Wife, Generation 3 + Wife, nooboo on the way, and my slave-painter, plus I'm contemplating getting a cat. I prefer a Genie, I've not had a wish fail yet (I don't think it's possible), and I've wished for fortune twice, bringing in $100,000 each time. I've been trying the More Wishes wish for my final one for the last few days, only one more wish, but I think I read somewhere that there's a tiny chance to get more.

Edit:
Okay, I spent 2 weeks making my sculptor an Ice Personality--then discovered that, for whatever reason, she can't sculpt an Ice Sim. The sculptor and sculptee just stand there for a few hours, then the action cancels. Any knowledge as to how to prevent this?

Sounds like they're a bit glitched, try resetsim'ing them both and, if that fails, sell and rebuy the sculpting station.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2013, 04:39:02 PM »
Be careful that you have enough room to bring in the next Generation. I'm nearly at the limit with my Founder, Generation 2 + Wife, Generation 3 + Wife, nooboo on the way, and my slave-painter, plus I'm contemplating getting a cat. I prefer a Genie, I've not had a wish fail yet (I don't think it's possible), and I've wished for fortune twice, bringing in $100,000 each time. I've been trying the More Wishes wish for my final one for the last few days, only one more wish, but I think I read somewhere that there's a tiny chance to get more.

Sounds like they're a bit glitched, try resetsim'ing them both and, if that fails, sell and rebuy the sculpting station.

I moved the station outside, sold it, bought another one, and was able to do the sculpture.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
Edit:

That happened to me as well. I found that saving the game, exiting and returning to the game fixed it up. I also find the same thing fixes up the same issue with my painter.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
Disclaimer for all to see.  A member told the team they didn't think the rules would ever change so we're making sure that this is written at the bottom of every dynasty ruleset to insure that everyone knows.

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing.  All Dynasty rules are subject to change and  have clarifications made as information is gathered over time.  All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change at the bottom of the rules page as well as details given within the dynasty thread.   Dynasty players are expected to keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge.  If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee a second chance will be given by the Challenge Board team.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to start an Immortal Dynasty.  I was wondering if the Athletic skill, Alchemy skill, or Cooking skill were easy skills for a founder to supermax.

Thank you,

Caramel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to start an Immortal Dynasty.  I was wondering if the Athletic skill, Alchemy skill, or Cooking skill were easy skills for a founder to supermax.

Thank you,

Caramel

Welcome to the forum Caramel!  I've done all three as a founder.  So yes as long as you keep up with what you need to do for the skill challenges, there shouldn't be an issue.  Just know that alchemy offers only 1 alchemy opportunity.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »

Thank you,

Caramel

They're all pretty easy to supermax starting at the YA stage, but I'd suggest cooking (using it often personally) just because it's easy to supermax, there are plenty of opportunities, the career is pretty easy and allows time for other dynasty-related activities, and it is useful throughout the dynasty. Just in my opinion.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #354 on: January 30, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
They're all pretty easy to supermax starting at the YA stage, but I'd suggest cooking (using it often personally) just because it's easy to supermax, there are plenty of opportunities, the career is pretty easy and allows time for other dynasty-related activities, and it is useful throughout the dynasty. Just in my opinion.

Thank you for the quick reply.  I'll use that for my founder's supermax as soon as I start up!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #355 on: January 30, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
And the culinary career has the super-awesome fridge. I think that's the greatest argument for a cooking supermax.

Good luck too!

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #356 on: January 30, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »
My first immortal supermaxed alchemy. Best. Skill.  Ever. That is all!
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #357 on: February 02, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »
My first immortal supermaxed alchemy. Best. Skill.  Ever. That is all!
I agree Wiry. And although I've never done a dynasty (I can't stop using testing cheats to help control their needs) I can say that gardening's easy to supermax. It was a back-up skill for my legecy and my founder supermaxed that with no problem. Alchemy is easy too, I put a spare on it and it's been so helpful, I'm going to keep the spare.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #358 on: February 02, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
I'm playing around with Logic at the moment. I never have previously to any great extent as some of the skill challenges terrified me. However, I am playing around with it in the Victors and Morganna and Thornton are quite adapt with it, even without Genius trait.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #359 on: February 03, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
A reason for saving Writing for a later generation, and a trick for making use of it: Early on, at least some of your non-immortals are going to be grinding away on painting. Add Writing to that, and you've got a children's book author. Keep at it long enough and you can fill a bookshelf with nice, short children's books that a Bookworm can take to the library and read at record speed. Each book read, regardless of length, boosts your writing speed, so a) the children's book author can end up writing very, very fast if all they do is read each of their own books as it comes in the mail, and b) a later Writing immortal can start with blazing speed by reading all the books left behind by their ancestor, which will make it that much less time-consuming to write the more valuable books needed to supermax the skill or the writing career (which also take longer to read).
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms