Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240724 times)

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #600 on: June 24, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »
You can even make your founder a ghost. There is no rule against it.

But no, an already existing ghost cannot be heir, only spouse; and you have 50% chance the offspring would be ghost.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #601 on: June 24, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »
Just wanted to add, if for whatever reason you really do want a ghost heir, you can have both the parents drink the Ghost Potion before trying for baby. I'm not sure it's a 100% guarantee, but it may be worth a shot!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #602 on: June 24, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
Double ghost potions aren't 100%. I used them in my Life States Dynasty for generation 7, and the first pregnancy of the parents produced a non-occult daughter. The second pregnancy produced a ghost baby. It may be because of when the chimes sounded - on the first pregnancy, the chimes sounded at the second Try for Baby, while the second pregnancy sounded on the first one.

Also, when I turned that ghost into a normal human with ambrosia, she also does the ghost float (and apparently my Google-fu says that this is Working As Intended).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2013, 07:46:14 AM »
Two ghosts will always have a ghost but Ghost potions are temporary not permanent so that may be some human leaking through. 

@EtnaFan  Just remember that supermaxing I think is a term only those here on Carl's forum uses.  I don't know if I've ever heard someone outside of this forum call it that. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #604 on: June 25, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe Metro should update his rules regarding ghosts in the Immortal Dynasty, it would prevent others from making fatal mistakes. Just a thought.

As I said, I don't mind that I just violate a rule by rezzing Chester Swain for the Oh My Ghost opportunity, as my founder got another sculpting opp eight days before elder and completed it to atone for that. I sent Ches back to the Netherworld and put his grave back in the mausoleum. I already violated the rules by having testingcheats up. I'm just glad that I got people thinking about ghosts in the Dynasty because they aren't technically banned but the rule say nothing about ghosts being heirs. Don't worry, none of my Dynasty heirs will be a ghost baby.  ;)

BTB, I could define the term "supermax" and point out that this forum coined the term in my blog so people who don't come to this forum would know what it meant. I just want to show off how *I* would do the skill challenges as a guideline for those wanting to try those things.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #605 on: June 25, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe Metro should update his rules regarding ghosts in the Immortal Dynasty, it would prevent others from making fatal mistakes. Just a thought.

As I said, I don't mind that I just violate a rule by rezzing Chester Swain for the Oh My Ghost opportunity, as my founder got another sculpting opp eight days before elder and completed it to atone for that. I sent Ches back to the Netherworld and put his grave back in the mausoleum. I already violated the rules by having testingcheats up. I'm just glad that I got people thinking about ghosts in the Dynasty because they aren't technically banned but the rule say nothing about ghosts being heirs. Don't worry, none of my Dynasty heirs will be a ghost baby.  ;)

BTB, I could define the term "supermax" and point out that this forum coined the term in my blog so people who don't come to this forum would know what it meant. I just want to show off how *I* would do the skill challenges as a guideline for those wanting to try those things.

I'm slightly offended since I'm the one that takes care of the rules most days for Metro.  There's nothing that needs changing except the new content.

Ghosts aren't banned.  What made you think ghosts were banned?   Ghosts can be founders, spouses, heirs, and spares.  The rules are very careful to mention that the only ghosts that can be resurrected are ones that are dead when the game starts but those ghosts can be rezzed using philosopher's stone, Oh My Ghost Opp, Genie wish and I think there is one more.  They just can't have ambrosia.

However, heirs can't die to become ghosts.  That is also very clear in the rules.

Oh and sending a ghost to the netherworld is technically killing it which is also against the rules.

I understand that you want to blog about how you would do it and that's fine. I'm not trying to discourage you.  Don't forget to ask Pam if it's ok to link that blog here due it's possible competition to our guide.  You may not see it as such but it's a big deal as this is a business as well as a guide and forum.

Edit to add:  Heirs have to be born to the former generation so I think the confusion lies in someone saying a ressurected ghost can't be an heir.  Which is true.  Heirs can't die therefore they can't be resurrected as a ghost.  Heirs that are born ghosts are very much allowed and within the rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #606 on: June 25, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

I don't see the point in use the word supermax. You already have the tittle and subject of the blog: Sims3 skills challenges and how to perform them. The Carl's guide is sometimes outdated and far from complete in that subject.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #607 on: June 25, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
I don't see the point in use the word supermax. You already have the tittle and subject of the blog: Sims3 skills challenges and how to perform them. The Carl's guide is sometimes outdated and far from complete in that subject.

Actually that's why we have the comments section now so people can post there how to do certain things and get questions answered.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #608 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
I mean it is not incompatible. We here have the guide that is in the style of warfreak's guides of Sims2 in Gamefaqs but if he wants to make a blog about how to perform skilll challenges this is an specific subject and i don't see it incompatible with the guide here.

What i don't see is the usage of the specific word "supermax" that have no meaning outside this forum.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #609 on: June 25, 2013, 01:29:07 PM »
This thread is for sharing Hints and Tips to complete the Immortal Dynasty, any discussion about if another Blog or Website could better provide information for a challenge on Carl and Pam's Sims 3 Forum, part of Carl's Guides where all the information you need is easily found already, is off-topic for this thread.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #610 on: June 29, 2013, 12:22:11 AM »
To anyone playing in Dragon Valley: Find the homeless townies and bring some of them into the household. Seriously, most of them have high points in cooking, gardening, and some misc. skill. Combine that with their ages and you have a sim who can fill two or three different skill requirements on their own.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2013, 03:58:59 AM »
Someone asked on the official dynasty thread about what LTW would be best suited for a particular SuperMax, and it occurred to me that might be useful for all the skills. So here is the benefit of my considerable expertise ;D It's a list of the Lifetime Wish(es) for each skill that you would automatically complete by SuperMaxing. That is to say, usually they require you to max the skill and complete one of the challenges. For example, the first one, Alchemy Artisan, requires you to master Alchemy and also complete the Alchemists Anonymous challenge (throwing 50 elixirs at other Sims).

Alchemy: Alchemy Artisan
Charisma: Super Popular
Cooking: The Culinary Librarian
Inventing: Monster Maker (Note: this actually requires three, rather than one SimBot, but it's close enough)
Logic: Chess Legend
Martial Arts: Martial Arts Master
Riding: The Jockey
Street Art: Street Credible
Writing: Professional Author

The above Lifetime Wishes specifically fulfil by SuperMaxing. The following do not but the complement certain SuperMaxes well. I've left out any that require any particular career.

Fishing: Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium
Gardening: The Perfect Garden
Instruments: One Sim Band (the opportunities for Guitar/Bass/Drums/Piano Star apply across instruments, so learning more than one can be helpful)
Mixology: Master Mixologist
Nectar Making: Bottomless Nectar cellar
Scuba Diving: Deep Sea Diver
Social Networking: Blog Artist

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #612 on: July 30, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
There's also Bottomless Nectar Cellar with Nectar Making.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #613 on: July 31, 2013, 04:52:32 AM »
I left that out on purpose, but I suppose I could add it. Because of how much time it would take to make all of that nectar, and the much easier solution to use nectar collected in France (or purchased at the consignment shop) and stored through the generations, I tend to think of them as loosely connected.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #614 on: July 31, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »
That is true, but the way I look at it, by the time you finish Supermaxing Nectar Making, you'll have achieved the LTW anyway. :)

anything