Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898129 times)

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #795 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
Are genies allowed to ensorcel sims? Since it briefly adds the sim to the household but not exactly a move in... If it's not allowed it might be worth noting, it's kind of an easy mistake to make if you're just playing with the interactions.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #796 on: October 23, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Are genies allowed to ensorcel sims? Since it briefly adds the sim to the household but not exactly a move in... If it's not allowed it might be worth noting, it's kind of an easy mistake to make if you're just playing with the interactions.

I have to conference with Metro on this.  It somehow fell off my list of things to ask him recently.   It's actually a way to cure the age stuck werewolf problem as well but because it does give you control over the other Sim for just a brief amount of time, it's up to Metro.   I'll admit that at one point I was thinking of personally using it to make townies have babies. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #797 on: October 23, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
I'll admit that at one point I was thinking of personally using it to make townies have babies.

I would love to do this also.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #798 on: October 23, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
I have to conference with Metro on this.  It somehow fell off my list of things to ask him recently.   It's actually a way to cure the age stuck werewolf problem as well but because it does give you control over the other Sim for just a brief amount of time, it's up to Metro.   I'll admit that at one point I was thinking of personally using it to make townies have babies.

Why did I not think of that?  Of course, Love Charms don't work for that purpose  :(
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Chuckles_82

« Reply #799 on: October 23, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »
Ah yes - an excellent way to take care of the town dying out problem :D Also, have a sim in the architect career so that they can place cribs and more beds in the houses to make sure that they don't leave town for lack of beds.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #800 on: October 23, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
I can see it now, adding whole rooms full of beds and cribs to every house.  :D

Fausta Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #801 on: October 23, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
Ah yes - an excellent way to take care of the town dying out problem :D Also, have a sim in the architect career so that they can place cribs and more beds in the houses to make sure that they don't leave town for lack of beds.

Is that why people keep leaving town? No wonder! Weird, though.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #802 on: October 23, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »
Actually there is a discussion about that on another thread and twallan says that's not the actual whole truth about the bed & baby thing. 

Just don't start using Genies willy nilly now everyone.  Wait until Metro chimes in before you start using your hocus pocus on everyone in town.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #803 on: October 23, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »
You're right, it's not the whole of it, but it's a start I think. I'm willing to try anything within my control short of mods and cheating to keep my town going :) Plus, if you have all the original inhabitants make babies, and you control who falls in love with whom, so long as you know a sim, you can always invite them over, and the gene pool for future generations will keep going.

If you age up an enscorcelled sim, do you get to chose a trait? I suppose if you enscorcelled a future spouse you should randomise the trait, but if they're not a future spouse you could give them 'family oriented' and that could also help the town population along. Maybe.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #804 on: October 23, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
You'd think that as the Resident Genie-Lover that I'd have thought of this, but nope.  Of course this doesn't help the Immortal Dynasty, but still.

Fausta Legacy

Chuckles_82

« Reply #805 on: October 23, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
Just reading a bit about story progression over at NRAAS. Maybe adding skilling objects to the houses (as an architect) would be helpful too. And, trying to make sure that any sims that dislike each other make up make nice :) Perhaps 'ambitious' might help sims to get jobs, too, though having a sim join multiple careers in a row is a good way to force sims to join a career. Come to think of it, can enscorcelled sims be made to join a career?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #806 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »
Just reading a bit about story progression over at NRAAS. Maybe adding skilling objects to the houses (as an architect) would be helpful too. And, trying to make sure that any sims that dislike each other make up make nice :) Perhaps 'ambitious' might help sims to get jobs, too, though having a sim join multiple careers in a row is a good way to force sims to join a career. Come to think of it, can enscorcelled sims be made to join a career?

Anything as far as I know.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #807 on: October 24, 2012, 06:27:03 AM »
I just bought Showtime, is it ok for me to place the new lots it prompts you to after installing?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2012, 06:43:54 AM »
I just bought Showtime, is it ok for me to place the new lots it prompts you to after installing?

Yes, of course.  Getting a new expansion is one of the few allowed reasons to go back into Edit Town after initial setup.  Enjoy the new expansion!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #809 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
My initial thought on a Genie using ensorcel to temporarily bring in someone is a flat out no. It could be an easy exploit — bring in rich townies for the 4 hours, access their inventory to see if they have a car, etc and sell the items off. Yeah, I do not like it.

anything