Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288462 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Wheel
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
First of all, congrats on your third immortal!
Secondly, I loved your latest updates very much.  :D
All The Classics so far have distinct personalities. The way you develop their characters, likes, dislikes, and conversations is utterly fascinating. As for Eureka, I do like her a lot. Feisty, vibrant, off-the-scales... but also very much 'with it'.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »

A bittersweet update, indeed. Eureka seems almost a little jealous of how happy and carefree Eden is. Then again, a teenage rebel is supposed to be pretty angsty. Quite a night of ups and downs! Poor Eureka, her teen years seem like such a roller coaster.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #302 on: January 27, 2013, 10:58:23 PM »
I get a sort of bittersweet emotion from this chapter. The obvious bitter part being, of course, losing Hiram, but Eureka seems almost morose. All of her friends graduated before her, leaving her to herself and her inventions. I'm getting a sense of loneliness from her.

Or I could just be reading too much into this. :P Regardless, a very good chapter. So sad to see Hiram go, but at least he got to be with Rosetta at the end. They were such a darling couple.

She is definitely lonely.  I think she struggles to relate to a lot of people.  The only person who really "gets" her is Mona Lisa.

Oh, that was scary for a minute. I was worried for poor Sherlock! Eden is so beautiful. Eureka is right about her, everyone loves her and she's amazing. She has kind of lived a charmed life compared to the others. It was interesting to get a look at some of the extended family. Humberto is altogether too cute. I like how you tied some things into the story like Sherlock and Moonglow and the stray cat. And I'll miss poor Hiram, he was a good bloke.

I think we all know people like that, and it can be frustrating to see someone not try at all and still be euphoric every day.  She is jealous, but I don't think resentful.  I agree, Humberto is a cutie.  Maybe he'll still be available when Eureka is old enough.

First of all, congrats on your third immortal!
Secondly, I loved your latest updates very much.  :D
All The Classics so far have distinct personalities. The way you develop their characters, likes, dislikes, and conversations is utterly fascinating. As for Eureka, I do like her a lot. Feisty, vibrant, off-the-scales... but also very much 'with it'.

Thanks!  I really hope I can keep up the originality through the final three immortals.  They are a bit hazier in my mind than the ones we've met already.

A bittersweet update, indeed. Eureka seems almost a little jealous of how happy and carefree Eden is. Then again, a teenage rebel is supposed to be pretty angsty. Quite a night of ups and downs! Poor Eureka, her teen years seem like such a roller coaster.

Angsty is the perfect word for Eureka.  Her wish rolls are so erratic.  "Make a friend!"  "Snub a teen!"  "Pull a prank!"  "Be best friends with Eden!" 

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Absolute Zero
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
The morning after Hiram died, I wrote my first piece for piano.  It is a requiem.  When I play it gives me a bit of peace, though I've struggled to title it.  Remember how I once said I was intelligent, not creative?  That holds.  Music is math.  Titles are something else entirely.

I am still, as my darling grandfather called me, Rosetta Stone.  I don't weep openly or mourn excessively, but it still hurts to lose him.  If nothing else, the loss seems to have bridged the great divide between my daughter and my granddaughter.

"We should have a little party," Eureka said to me.  "For Snowflake Day, maybe?  Cheer everyone up a little."

Remember how I worried so about Eden, confined to her room with her toys through her childhood, worried she'd never learn to grow up?  Well, on one hand I was right, but on the other, it seems that schooling in its entirety is a whole different sort of alienation for someone as unique as my granddaughter.  She longs for friendship and community, but locks herself away in every spare moment at her workbench.

Besides, I feel parties are inherently a bad idea when someone in the household is nearing death.  I think we all know who I mean.

In the end, I gave into Eureka and helped her organize a party.  In return, she had to sit with me for a few hours and work on her school performance. 

"Why are we in the bathroom?" she asked.

"Old habits die hard, I suppose," I answered. 

As promised, when the morning of Snowflake Day arrived, we threw a gift giving party. 

We gathered in the new upstairs sitting room that Eunice built for us.  It is airy and bright and the perfect spot to forget your woes.  Those we invited showed up, as well as half the town in hangers on.

Eureka pretended to ignore "Humbug" as she calls him, but little by little, I believe she is realizing that she made a mistake ignoring the quiet boy back when he was still an option. 

Humberto was a brilliant student at the Scuola, and would often attend extra lectures and even office hours to enrich his learning.  I am disappointed to hear he is still unemployed, but I imagine nothing but greatness in his future.  In addition to his intellect, he has a sense of humor that draws the types of crowds I myself have never managed.  Even my mother loves him.

Though her old friends all showed up, including Dominic Mays and Guadelupe Dexter, hand-in-hand, Eureka stayed alone.  She sat, almost as though she was unwelcome, curled up on herself to watch the partygoers.

It was a concern.  I am not great with emotions and problems of the emotional sort, so I'm unaware of just how to help her, short of offering funds for therapy, which I imagine would be poorly received.  Freddie, unfortunately, goes too far in his emotional support and just frustrates her.  Her mothers are ... well, parents.  And everyone knows how teens feel about parents.  She audibly groaned at them several times throughout the party.

The sole comfort she seems to have is reclining in the bed or rocking chair in Mona Lisa's room, and watching Mona Lisa paint or sculpt in silence.  She is a strange bird, our Eureka.  She did rouse herself to speak to a portly blonde boy who'd come to the party with flowers for her.

"Oh, look, Campbell..."

"Carson, my name is Carson." 

"Oh.  Right.  So, um ... you okay there?"

"Yeah.  My cousin just makes me nervous.  She's a criminal you know.  And I'm a coward."

"Hot."

"So look," she said.  "I think the flowers are pretty and all, but I'm not really interested in a romantic kind of thing..."

"You don't have to be shy.  Lupe said you were shy."

"This isn't shyness.  I'm sincerely not interested in a romantic relationship with you.  But I'd be happy to be friends!"

"BUT I'M A NICE GUY!" he shouted.  "I RESPECT YOU!  WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?"

He then proceeded to ignore her and sit next to her while sniffling loudly through the gift opening.  Eureka, to her credit, did not react in any visible way.  Lupe was fiendishly delighted and exclaimed, "this is a fantastic party!"

It wasn't a bad party, though.  Even Eureka seemed to enjoy it, with or without the attentions of a clearly unstable boy.  We opened presents in the lovely glow of a winter afternoon while I played carols on the piano.

After everyone disbursed, we had our traditional Snowflake Day pancake dinner.  A Classic tradition.

Eureka, who so very rarely opens up, was telling Mona Lisa, and perhaps Eunice by default, about her hopes for the future. 

"Sometimes you hit rock bottom, ya know?" she said, mouth full of lemon pancakes.  "High School sucks for lots of people.  But it's like ... like the cocoon stage, right?"

"You're no caterpillar, my darling," Eunice was saying.  "You just need better friends."

"But things get better, that's true," Mona Lisa said.  "I was miserable as a teen too.  Trust me."

"I'm not miserable," Eureka muttered.

Well, maybe she's right.  Maybe things go to absolute rock bottom before they start to look up.  Maybe you shouldn't tempt fate and throw a party when you know Grim likes them so much.

Moonglow is the one who alerted us that something was amiss.  She is devastated to have lost one of her best friends.  Granny too is heartbroken.  But I feel encouraged.  I feel ... somehow happy, to have been witness to Sherlock ascending into the light.  He seemed fine with it.  Happy even.  And I maybe envied him for a moment, as I will not experience that release of death.  Not for centuries, if ever.

The whole family, obviously, is going to struggle with the loss for a while, just as they struggled with losing my darling Hiram.

Grim made himself at home with us, as he usually does.  I passed by him and he said, "Hello again."

I said, "hello, sir."

And he said, "Hiram says you're beautiful."

Eureka, in grief, foolishly decided to toy with her mother's witch things and ended up quite unconscious on the floor.

I woke her and put her to sleep, brushing my lips on her soft, cool forehead. 

"If there is an absolute zero," I said to her.  "We're here, and the only way to go is up."

"Mm," she said.  "G'night Rosetta."

Then she paused, sitting up slightly.  "Wait," she said, "wait."

"Yes dear?"

"Good night, g...grandmother."

There in the moonlit black and white room, finally a small smile began to tug at her lips as she laid back down.  I stood stricken in the doorway, before I finally managed, "Good night, my Eureka."

I played one last time the Requiem I'd written for Hiram before sleeping.  Then I scrawled on the sheet music, Absolute Zero - by Rosetta Classic - for Hiram, for Sherlock, and for Eureka

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Absolute Zero
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »

My goodness. You are a writing fiend! My eyes are actually tearing up--and that has never happened while reading a dynasty story. This chapter, as told from Rosetta's perspective, was just perfect. Her being so entirely practical and logical over Hiram's death, and then Grim telling her, "Hiram says you're beautiful." And Rosetta's song for Absolute Zero including Eureka. Ah! Just . . . Ah! Well, Eden's great, and I know a lot of folks love her, but my heart always goes out to those, hm, less girly girl types?--which I guess is why I'm drawn to the Rosetta/Eureka side of things. I really loved getting to see them connected like that in this episode, because I think they have some things in common.

*shakes fist* Curse you, a few tears actually fell down my face, you vixen! Haha! Really, quite lovely.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2013, 01:11:30 AM »
I am at a loss for words.

This was heart-wrenching and beautiful. Seeing the way that each of the ladies react in their own way, seeing their raw emotions and the ways that they express them. Truly, you are an amazing writer.

I too am in tears. Bravo. Simply...bravo.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2013, 01:35:35 AM »
 :'( I don't know what to say. That was beautiful. I'll miss dear little Sherlock.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »
Awwww, how sweet.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Louise56

« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »
Beautiful and sweet update. :)

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
Lovely chapters, simply wonderful work. I liked hearing it from Rosetta's perspective and the title is great. Hopefully things will brighten up for everyone.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:48 PM »
First of all - no update tonight, I just wanted to let you guys know that Freddie is up in the Swap Shop.  You can find him here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6929224 

Enjoy.  I hope he goes on to father many adorable babies.

My goodness. You are a writing fiend! My eyes are actually tearing up--and that has never happened while reading a dynasty story. This chapter, as told from Rosetta's perspective, was just perfect. Her being so entirely practical and logical over Hiram's death, and then Grim telling her, "Hiram says you're beautiful." And Rosetta's song for Absolute Zero including Eureka. Ah! Just . . . Ah! Well, Eden's great, and I know a lot of folks love her, but my heart always goes out to those, hm, less girly girl types?--which I guess is why I'm drawn to the Rosetta/Eureka side of things. I really loved getting to see them connected like that in this episode, because I think they have some things in common.

*shakes fist* Curse you, a few tears actually fell down my face, you vixen! Haha! Really, quite lovely.

Wow, thank you so, so much.  I love the overly logical Sims too.  I myself have a habit of analyzing things within an inch of their lives.  Of course I have a soft spot for the Edens and Coralies too, but I think life in general is easier for them.  I think Rosetta and Eden need to bond, though their schedules don't often line up very well.  In my head, I often imagine them arguing over which has more merit - a discovery or an invention?

I am at a loss for words.

This was heart-wrenching and beautiful. Seeing the way that each of the ladies react in their own way, seeing their raw emotions and the ways that they express them. Truly, you are an amazing writer.

I too am in tears. Bravo. Simply...bravo.

I can't believe I managed to touch you guys so much!  Admittedly, I was all choked up while writing it, but I am a sissy.  It really means a lot to me that I was able to communicate effectively what I felt while writing the chapter.

:'( I don't know what to say. That was beautiful. I'll miss dear little Sherlock.

I will too.  I just think of puppy Sherlock peeing under the snow and I get all weepy.

Awwww, how sweet.
Beautiful and sweet update. :)

Thanks, Deme  and Louise :)

Lovely chapters, simply wonderful work. I liked hearing it from Rosetta's perspective and the title is great. Hopefully things will brighten up for everyone.

I promise they will.  I don't even know how I let things get so bleak in the first place!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Flip Flop Circuit
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »
The rest of winter was admittedly better than how it all started.  Rosetta, my grandmother, really began to blossom as a pianist.  She says she doesn't have a creative bone in her body, but if the music she makes isn't art, I don't know what is.

Me, I've been spending my time trying to relax.  Mona Lisa tried to teach me how to ice skate, but I'm not nearly as good as she is.  It was still a really fun night out.

I'm at Level 8 of my invention skill these days.  I spend a lot of time collecting scrap and thinking up ideas.  I do occasionally get this really bizarre feeling that I'm being watched, though.

I'm probably being crazy.  I look forward to the day I truly master invention and the world of possibilities opens up in front of me in a gorgeous sprawl.  I also look forward to no longer setting my bum on fire in the pursuit of creation.

We've been talking about getting another pet.  Maybe a cat this time.  Three generations named the last one, so for this one, it'd be me (invention), Eden (gardening), and Rosetta (logic).

"Impossible," Rosetta always says.  "Things are either created or discovered.  Not both."

"Besides," I chirp in.  "Pretty sure that new housekeeper Freddie hired would have any adopted pet running for her life within a day of joining the house."

"Word," said Eden.

I do really miss Sherlock, though.  It seems like every time I'm out on my own and try to have a private moment of mourning, that Campbell/Carson/whatever his name is shows up.

"Is it because I'm fat?  Girls don't like fat guys, I know," he says

"No, man.  I just don't feel it.  Even if you looked like Everett Dojo I wouldn't be into you."

"If I were thin I could get a girlfriend," he wailed.

It was a split decision, and probably a stupid one, but I threw a lean and mean potion at him without asking.  Just to shut up the griping.

"Now you're thin, buddy," I said.  "Go forth and womanize."

He didn't say much back, but he seemed stunned in a happy sort of way.  I really should've thanked Hiram for leaving me his alchemy collection.

Oh, did I tell you that Lupe and Dom started dating?  Of course they did.  They're both so cool and older than me and stuff.  I bet they'll get married and have lots of evil babies that are great kissers. Oh well.  Even Humbug is doing well.  he's dating this super hot fairy doctor woman.  I don't know why I never realized how hot he is, but it's too late now! 

My family tends to give me the ol' eye roll.  "I'm SURE boys like you, Eureka," one of them will say.  They'll adjust their eye height when my die-alone life sentence results in dynasty failure.  Who'll be laughing then? 

Probably nobody.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to spring.  The whole winter has kind of been a bust.  The very last day of it was meant to look up.  It was Eden's elder birthday, and Freddie had a special surprise for her.

This little bundle of cute is an English Sheepdog.  She ended up with a name thought of by Eden, shockingly.  Rosetta and I were having the old invention/discovery argument, and suddenly Eden said, "What about Penicillin?  It's both, right?  And it's a plant.  We'll call her Penni."

Then she started humming Swan Lake and floated up the stairs to play with her dollhouse, leaving Rosetta and I slack jawed at the table.  I think Eden is more with it than she ever lets on.

Anyway, this is Penni.  Freddie's final birthday gift to Eden.

He brought the puppy inside just as the snow was melting and we were setting up for Eden to go to her cake.  Walking over the threshold with Penni in his arms turned out to be the last thing he'd do in his life.

"Oh no," he moaned.  "Now the puppy will be sad for her first days here."

"Nooo!  My prince!" Eden wailed, alerting Rosetta and I that something was amiss.  We'd been dissecting a clockwork technology together that I wanted to use in Eden's birthday present - a little walking robot.  Suddenly I never wanted to make another toy again.

"Oh, Freddie," Rosetta cried.

"No tears, Etta," he said.  "Not from you."

Freddie never took his eyes off of Eden.  "This is where we first met, you know," he said, his voice echoing through the room.  "I couldn't pick a better place to end my life."

"I love you, Freddie," Eden sniffed.

"I love you too, Princess," he said back, then he looked at me.  "You be good, angel."

"Goodbye, Daddy," I managed, though I was sobbing like a loon.

He raised his eyebrows.  "Call me Freddie, angel.  We're all equals here."  And then he evaporated in a zoom of light and was no more.

Even Grim seemed a little torn up about it.  He glanced at Rosetta.  "He kissed me once you know," he said.

She sighed.  "He kissed me once too."

"What?!" Eden and I said in unison.

It was a strange night.  It didn't feel like it did when Hiram died, which just hurt everyone so deep down.  It felt like Freddie had just ... I dunno.  Eden said, "gone onto the next step," and that seemed right.  We tucked little Penni into Sherlock's old bed and tried to get Eden to the cake in time, but it was too late.

Eden is as elegant as an elder as she's always been.  When I look at her, I know how I want to feel every morning when I wake up.  I'll never be as light as Eden, but I can try to be as positive.  Anyway, here she is as an elder:

She needs one more Black Op and to max her career and she will qualify for ambrosia.  Here are her clothes -

Every Day:

Formal:

Sleepwear:

Swimwear:

And outerwear:

I fell asleep that night at 1:22 AM.  It was officially spring.  It was one day until my young adult birthday.  It was the end of an era.  It was the beginning of my whole life.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Flip Flop Circuit
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2013, 06:05:11 PM »
Beautiful, somber and bittersweet. It is sad to see Freddie go, but his words spoke volumes. He was ready, and he had no regrets.

I am glad to see Eureka feeling hopeful about her future. She truly does have her whole life and more ahead of her, and things can only get better.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
Where to even begin? Oh, right . . .

Freddie! I can't believe you left me Eden, and the entire Simverse! However, I can believe that you had a romantic relationship with Grim. Rosetta? Not so much.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »

What a perfect ending for Freddie! A tear was just about to well up, but then his final words got a big laugh out of me. Which, I think, is just how Freddie ought to go: putting a bit of a sad smile on your face. I also like the idea of Freddie having kissed both Grim and Rosetta. Haha! Well, it looks like Eureka is finally about to grow up--which is what she's been waiting for for some time. It'll be nice to finally see her blossom and come into her own.

Also, "Even if you looked like Everette Dojo I wouldn't be in to you!" Hahaha! Thanks.  ;D

anything