Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941650 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #810 on: September 21, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »
If you're a "Bad" parent, the game picks traits for you. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #811 on: September 21, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »
I said that because I'd like to know the circumstances in one's Dynasty before allowing the cheat. Would making parenting mistakes cause this, or is this a true glitch where not enough traits pop up? Because if if you drop the ball with parenting, then one (or two) traits are simply chosen for you, right? It's not that they'd be missing entirely. I just want to be clear on that Pam.

Yeah, it's a true glitch if a trait is completely missing.  Bad parenting will cause the game to choose the trait for you, but all traits still will be in place.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #812 on: September 21, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »
Okay, I do not mind a global understanding if there's a glitch then players can use testingcheats to reset traits. I still want players to give me a heads up though and let me know what's going on if a cheat is used. I just want to be informed, that's all.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »
Has anyone had their immortal, (or any Sim), just randomly have their appearance changed on their thumbnail?  Winter was given a challenge to learn a recipe from a book handed to her by some npc.  I assumed her boss since she was at work at the time but her boss was female and this was a male thumbnail.  Winter has now inherited that particular male, thumbnail appearance.  I'm afraid to save this game at this point in case I put a bug into my game.  She has not gone on any trips as she is not elder and her kid is still a child, so I doubt it's the travel bug.  However, her son keeps trying to get her or her husband to play tag and this only showed up after he wanted to play tag.  Needless to say I always remove that wish without accepting but I wonder if it is part of the problem and a possible bug.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2010, 03:36:43 AM »
I haven't experienced this exact problem, but it sounds like something that will fix itself if you restart the game.  When was the last time you saved? 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2010, 03:44:14 AM »
I saved at Justin's birthday party when he became a child.  Not sure if I've saved since.  Should I just go back to that save?  I'm having fun with the science places omni plant. heheh

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #816 on: September 22, 2010, 03:48:53 AM »
Pam and Joria, sorry to interrupt you two, I own an apology for some confusion, I checked the sculpting issue and yes, TommyT has a point, I always pursue the ice challenge and by the time I get to the Master one I can sculpt for free and therefor didn't need the scrap for metal sculptures. I still think that game should give at least greyed option with info about needing scraps to sculpt it. So you guys were right and I'm sorry for claiming different :(

And I already restarted my dynasty but I'll just repeat everything cause it went pretty fine beside bugs which made me anxious. I don't want to pursue it by any cause, so my 4 traits YA will stay in saved game file.  

Joria, I'm not understanding what is the question you ask, but Pam did so I won't interrupt you two anymore ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #817 on: September 22, 2010, 03:51:45 AM »
I saved at Justin's birthday party when he became a child.  Not sure if I've saved since.  Should I just go back to that save?  I'm having fun with the science places omni plant. heheh

Normally, going back to a previous save would be against the rules, but because a game glitch is involved I think it will be alright.  If you want, you can save and restart the game to see if it clears up the problem.  Then if it doesn't, you can restore the previous save by using these directions.  If you happen to have a duplicate copy of your game, you could just go back to the one before the glitch happened.  And by the way, I recommend you save every Sim day.  I normally save my game when they go to bed every night.

If Metro disagrees, I'll take the heat.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #818 on: September 22, 2010, 07:36:11 AM »

I agree, Joria, sounds like a glitch.

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #819 on: September 22, 2010, 08:57:39 AM »
Okay, I don't know if this has been answered somewhere in the thread,
but I'm wondering if you can add your own restrictions and rules to your dynasty.
Say for example only marrying NPC's alphabetically or having certain names for your Immortals.

Thanks!

Oh, and I downloaded a custom content skin tone that needed a mod to work, can I use this CC or do I have to remove it?

I'm lovin' the Dynasty so far. And reading other people's stories as well is exciting!! :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #820 on: September 22, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
Okay, I don't know if this has been answered somewhere in the thread,
but I'm wondering if you can add your own restrictions and rules to your dynasty.
Say for example only marrying NPC's alphabetically or having certain names for your Immortals.

Absolutely. The official Dynasty rules in the first post must be followed for your final info to be recorded in the Dynasty Hall of Fame. But, if you want to add your own layer of additional restrictions — as long as they do not conflict with existing rules — be my guest.

Oh, and I downloaded a custom content skin tone that needed a mod to work, can I use this CC or do I have to remove it?

CC is fine for your Dynasty.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #821 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
Normally, going back to a previous save would be against the rules, but because a game glitch is involved I think it will be alright.  If you want, you can save and restart the game to see if it clears up the problem.  Then if it doesn't, you can restore the previous save by using these directions.  If you happen to have a duplicate copy of your game, you could just go back to the one before the glitch happened.  And by the way, I recommend you save every Sim day.  I normally save my game when they go to bed every night.

I saved my game before I went to bed but with a different name, just in case leaving the game didn't work!  Well, it worked!  So I didn't have to go to the older version.  However, once Winter went to work to turn in her report, that face was back in her thumbnail.  I saved, and quit the game again so when I go back in we'll see if it worked again.  I think it's just a glitch connected to the learn crepes request.  The person who asks her to learn isn't even part of the work force at her restaurant and definitely is not her boss!  He has facial hair, reddish brown hair in mullet style so if anyone sees this guy he's a glitch.

EDIT:  saving and quitting the game entirely works to remove the funky looking thumbnail.  All's well with the Thyme family.

----------
My No Buy Story

steelviper266

« Reply #822 on: September 22, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
Does restriction number three apply to mortal founder?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #823 on: September 22, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
Does restriction number three apply to mortal founder?

Please be more specific.

steelviper266

« Reply #824 on: September 22, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
Please be more specific.
The act of eating Ambrosia and placing a Deathflower in personal inventory is a reward reserved only for your Founder and each generation’s firstborn child upon reaching Elder status (no immortal can eat Ambrosia and place Deathflowers in inventory before that). The following tasks must be completed before Ambrosia can be eaten and Deathflowers placed in inventory:

3.Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. All related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished for the skill.

Requirement not restriction.