Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942174 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #870 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:33 AM »
How what?

How to max gardening and be growing life fruit in 3-4 days.  I'm already maxed in gardening but I bet it took me a lot longer than 3-4 days.  Just curious for future reference.  Of course, I was doing other things as well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #871 on: September 24, 2010, 04:31:41 AM »
Sorry, didn't see the response before I posted.  Next question:  so talking to the plants is really important?  For the most part, at least at first, I was just doing tend garden plus fertilizing.  What benefit does it have?  I know I have been talking to the Omni plant by the science facility in my dynasty.

It's going well at the moment.  Winter is sort of on auto pilot, keeping up a goodly supply of life fruit and trying hard to fill any extra challenges that pop up.  Justin has aged up to young adult and found a romantic interest at his birthday party.  She is older than he is but still young enough to have his child.  How do you find out exactly how old someone is if they aren't in your family already?  I'm hesitant to have Justin marry her because I think it would break his heart as well as mine.  She is really a very sweet Sim.

I posted pics of the dynasty house, still a work in progress, on the showboat thread if anyone wants to take a look.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

wolfxxi

« Reply #872 on: September 24, 2010, 04:40:11 AM »
Quote from: ladylaw1978 on Today at 01:09:31 AM
Question? I think I'm ready to try out the challenge. I want to at least make some use of BB before NL comes out (I'm pretty sure I'll only be playing BP then).

In adding the Ambitions lots, are they supposed to be the EA lots or can they be custom lots made by me for purposes of making them smaller as to not take up so much room?

They need to be the lots created by Electronic Arts.

So am I correct that you cannot use the world editor to add a 4th 30X20 lot so that you can place all four Ambitions lots? If not, can you place a copy of the laundromat from Twinbrook instead of one of the four already in the bin as it was a new community lot that came with Ambitions? And if so, can you place 2 new lots so that you can place all of the ambitions lots in BB?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #873 on: September 24, 2010, 06:03:29 AM »
So am I correct that you cannot use the world editor to add a 4th 30X20 lot so that you can place all four Ambitions lots? If not, can you place a copy of the laundromat from Twinbrook instead of one of the four already in the bin as it was a new community lot that came with Ambitions? And if so, can you place 2 new lots so that you can place all of the ambitions lots in BB?

Welcome to our Forum, wolfxxi!

I'd like to hear what Metro thinks, but I think it's going a bit overboard to use the World Editor in the Dynasty Challenge.  There are plenty of lots in Barnacle Bay that can just be switched to Commercial to accommodate the Ambitions buildings.

Next question:  so talking to the plants is really important?  For the most part, at least at first, I was just doing tend garden plus fertilizing.  What benefit does it have?  I know I have been talking to the Omni plant by the science facility in my dynasty.

Fertilizing increases the number of fruits/vegetables on the plant and the speed at which it grows.  Talking to the plant will give the harvest an extra bump in quality level.  Unless I'm confused, which is possible considering how late it is.  You may want to check Carl's Guide on gardening to get more specific information.

It's going well at the moment.  Winter is sort of on auto pilot, keeping up a goodly supply of life fruit and trying hard to fill any extra challenges that pop up.  Justin has aged up to young adult and found a romantic interest at his birthday party.  She is older than he is but still young enough to have his child.  How do you find out exactly how old someone is if they aren't in your family already?  I'm hesitant to have Justin marry her because I think it would break his heart as well as mine.  She is really a very sweet Sim.

The easiest trick I've found is to throw a party and hover over the invitee list to see their ages.  It will tell you whether she is Young Adult or Adult, but not exactly how many days old she is.  If she's near to being Elder, it's just a risk of the challenge.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #874 on: September 24, 2010, 06:54:45 AM »
To anyone curious about my gardening statement, it's really quite easy:

Planting and fertilizing both give experience to gardening. So if you plant an absolute enormous amount of plants in the beginning, you can push your Sim to lvl 7 quickly. Then, once he's at lvl 7, planting and fertilizing a mass of garlic can easily max out the skill because garlic pushes experience much higher than something like lowly lettuce or apples.

-------

EDIT: Yeah, on the World Editor issue, I agree with Pam. Let's just leave it out of the Dynasty for now. As she said a simple solution already exists for placing AMB lots in BB.

wolfxxi

« Reply #875 on: September 24, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
Thank you Pam and Metro, for the welcome and the info. So I can convert an empty lot of the appropriate size to commercial and then place any of the 5 Ambitions lots on the converted lots?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #876 on: September 24, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
Thank you Pam and Metro, for the welcome and the info. So I can convert an empty lot of the appropriate size to commercial and then place any of the 5 Ambitions lots on the converted lots?

Yes.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #877 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10:58 AM »
To anyone curious about my gardening statement, it's really quite easy:

Planting and fertilizing both give experience to gardening. So if you plant an absolute enormous amount of plants in the beginning, you can push your Sim to lvl 7 quickly. Then, once he's at lvl 7, planting and fertilizing a mass of garlic can easily max out the skill because garlic pushes experience much higher than something like lowly lettuce or apples.

To save funds and time, I sent sim to the library, with some food in inventory, sometimes just fruits, and in 2,5 sim day they can reach level 7 by reading. If bookworm and fast learner, it take even less time.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #878 on: September 24, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »
Pam/Metro-

I hope it's okay with you both, but I just started another Dynasty on BB (couldn't resist), and placed the following in my family inventory to get starting funds to $1800:

The Water Breathing Dragon $2300 (Decor-Sculptures)
Fun Time For Kraken Fountain $5200 (Decor-Sculptures)

Let me know if this is a problem.

EDIT:  I did this, not realizing you told us which items to buy on the first page.  I will fix it to be correct according to the rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #879 on: September 24, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
Pam/Metro-

I hope it's okay with you both, but I just started another Dynasty on BB (couldn't resist), and placed the following in my family inventory to get starting funds to $1800:

The Water Breathing Dragon $2300 (Decor-Sculptures)
Fun Time For Kraken Fountain $5200 (Decor-Sculptures)

Let me know if this is a problem.

EDIT:  I did this, not realizing you told us which items to buy on the first page.  I will fix it to be correct according to the rules.

No, that's fine, simfulicious. The important thing was you brought available funds to $1800. Good work.

To save funds and time, I sent sim to the library, with some food in inventory, sometimes just fruits, and in 2,5 sim day they can reach level 7 by reading. If bookworm and fast learner, it take even less time.

If by "saving time" you're thinking that reading a book in the library gains gardening experience faster than actually planting, I can assure you that the opposite is true.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #880 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:04 AM »
I meant on collecting seeds or earning money to buy fruit in grocery in order to plant many of them to gain skill. Maybe I'm wrong, but specially first 5 levels seems to me that are easier to get by reading, and after that tending garden regularly improves skill pretty fast.  
I was looking for a way to avoid increasing gardening skill to get life fruit, so I sent Zelda who was already level 4 and green thumb to learn 3 more levels in library, and immortal collected 11 special seeds, all in one day. Then she came home and while she planted those 11 seeds she almost hit the level 8. After that she only weeded them until immortal harvested enough fruits and now only money trees. She is still level 8 after many many weeks ( but I didn't fertilize plants and sprinklers are watering it). One thing is for sure, while reading they don't need to shower as much as when they tend garden :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #881 on: September 24, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »
I meant on collecting seeds or earning money to buy fruit in grocery in order to plant many of them to gain skill. Maybe I'm wrong, but specially first 5 levels seems to me that are easier to get by reading...

Nothing builds gardening skill gain faster than planting and fertilizing. Period. End of story. Now, does reading a gardening book at the library save you money compared to buying all of the fruit to plant? Of course.

But, we're getting a little OT here, so if you want me to give any more specifics I'd be happy to share them in the Skill board.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #882 on: September 24, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »
Just about had a mishap in my story.  My founder ate ambrosia and the next day was working on a metal sculpture.  He caught fire and was too far away to reach a shower and I was not paying attention.  The reaper came and thank heavens I had remembered to put a deathflower in his inventory, because that would have been the end of that.  So the moral is, put deathflower in inventory and just because your sim has 10 skill points in sculpting or inventing, does not make them immune to fire. ;D

I believe that Agnes is also going for a marathon, because she is 100 days old and keeps on ticking.  Ok, I am ready now, tick tick tick.  Lets see how long she lasts, wonder if she will last as long as Steele did in Pam's game.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #883 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:44 AM »
Ack, all my ice sculptures have turned into discs. I just went to check what I needed for the museum and all the sculptures there are just discs. Mind you, they are expensive discs lol one is worth 6,312.  A little while before, Nicholas got an opportunity to sculpt an ice sim for the police department and when it was finished it was just a disc. That didn't worry me because I still got 3,500 for the opportunity.

I've had them sculpt discs before, but I've never had the ones that are completed revert to discs. I hope it's temporary.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #884 on: September 25, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
Ack, all my ice sculptures have turned into discs. I just went to check what I needed for the museum and all the sculptures there are just discs. Mind you, they are expensive discs lol one is worth 6,312.  A little while before, Nicholas got an opportunity to sculpt an ice sim for the police department and when it was finished it was just a disc. That didn't worry me because I still got 3,500 for the opportunity.

I've had them sculpt discs before, but I've never had the ones that are completed revert to discs. I hope it's temporary.

Norma

You mean your ice sculptures for your immortals?  They were sculpted by a Sim who had the 25 ice sculptures complete so they don't melt?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything