Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942980 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #840 on: September 23, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
That seems like a logical idea to me Metro, no need to cross out a EA made town.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #841 on: September 23, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »
Sorry for Double post but it is a different topic and a while since the other post:

@Metro - I want to keep Green Eyes as a Dynasty Gene, so am I allowed to always choose the Green Eyed child? If both had green eyes I would choose the first born. Or does it always have to be the first born?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #842 on: September 23, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »
@Metro - I want to keep Green Eyes as a Dynasty Gene, so am I allowed to always choose the Green Eyed child? If both had green eyes I would choose the first born. Or does it always have to be the first born?

The designated immortal has to be the first born child of parents. Even in the case of twins/triplets that means the first child that you assign a name.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #843 on: September 23, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
Ugh, I haven't worked on the Enmei Dynasty thread in so long that now I'm not sure if I want to...I should have known this would happen.  Now I'm just playing Final Fantasy XIV (collector's edition which gets to start on the servers a week early) and doing things in Barnacle Bay...and I really want to start a dynasty there.  I did get the Enmeis to Generation 6 and I have three immortals, nearly four...ought I finish it out?  We are allowed to do dynasties in BB, right?  Has there been an official ruling on which BB lot to use?

Maybe I will just post a huge picture post in the Enmei dynasty without story (I haven't been doing much of that anyway)...just with simple captions...and try to finish that dynasty out asap.

Hrm, I've been playing EarthBound on SNES too (for the millionth time)...I'm really getting sidetracked!  At any rate, I think starting a dynasty in BB (whether or not I finish the Enmeis first) is really appealing, so I'd love to hear any new info on doing dynasties there (the lot to use...and if there's anything else...I admit I've only kind of skimmed the previous pages since I've last posted).

Sorry to ramble :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #844 on: September 23, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
I don't have a problem with the life fruit in Barnacle Bay.  Each town brings different advantages to the game and it's for the player to decide which one to play as part of the strategy. 

I've got Barnacle Bay downloaded and I'll determine the lot that is to be used for the Dynasty Challenge very shortly.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #845 on: September 23, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »
Thanks, Pam :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #846 on: September 23, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »
Got Barnacle Bay this morning (yay) and have only had a quick look so far, but as someone else noted, there are none of the new Ambitions lots placed when you start a new game. If we are going to have dynasty families started, will there be some sort of ruling to allow the placement of those lots?

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #847 on: September 23, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »
The Dynasty lot for Barnacle Bay has to be 432 Tidal Terrace.  It's 59 x 59 and priced at $7,200.

Metro, would you mind coming up with items to buy and keep in family inventory to make the family funds the same as if playing in Sunset Valley?  Thanks!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #848 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »
Metro, would you mind coming up with items to buy and keep in family inventory to make the family funds the same as if playing in Sunset Valley?  Thanks!

Done...

• Purchase either 15 Summerhill Ct (Sunset Valley), 345 Riverblossom Hills Dr (Riverview), 16 Puddlewick Dr (Twinbrook*), or 432 Tidal Terrace (Barnacle Bay**).
  • **With the Barnacle Bay lot, you’ll also need to purchase 1 Channel Trowler 27" Deluxe TV and 2 36" HiFi Plasmondo TVs from Landgraab Industries (Electronics > TVs). Place these 3 items in family inventory and leave them there for the duration of the Dynasty Challenge. This is for Barnacle Bay only and is necessary to make the beginning family funds equivalent to Sunset Valley and Riverview.

Don't forget to edit the Guide, Pam.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #849 on: September 23, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
Got Barnacle Bay this morning (yay) and have only had a quick look so far, but as someone else noted, there are none of the new Ambitions lots placed when you start a new game. If we are going to have dynasty families started, will there be some sort of ruling to allow the placement of those lots?

Norma

I'm wondering the same...especially about the consignment store, as I'd really like to have the luck to pick up a camera.

In BB, is it all right to home grow the life fruit for ambrosia by using one of the life fruits available on various lots to grow the plant, or do we still need to hunt down special seeds?  (I guess I'm not even sure if the having to homegrow life fruit for ambrosia is set in stone, though.)

I think I'm totally going to have to start a new dynasty later this evening.  I'm sure I'll get back to the Enmeis eventually though :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #850 on: September 23, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
To me, it's not. Maybe it is to Pam. We'll see. I can max gardening inside of 3-4 days and have life fruit on the vine from Special Seeds in about 2 weeks. I'm not saying this to brag. Anyone can do this. So, I don't know. Not a huge issue to me.

Maybe the simplest solution would just be the added edit that any life fruit for Ambrosia needs to be home grown.

Pam? Your thoughts?

Ok, one question.  How?  Rabid readers want to know.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #851 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
Ok, one question.  How?  Rabid readers want to know.

How what?

I'm wondering the same...especially about the consignment store, as I'd really like to have the luck to pick up a camera.

In BB, is it all right to home grow the life fruit for ambrosia by using one of the life fruits available on various lots to grow the plant, or do we still need to hunt down special seeds?  (I guess I'm not even sure if the having to homegrow life fruit for ambrosia is set in stone, though.)

We're working on this and will have a definite answer soon.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #852 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »
I just made the following edit:

• The Edit Town screen is off limits with two exceptions:
  • Twinbrook players can add the Book Corral to the town library, and
  • Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #853 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
Maybe I did something wrong but I as only able to place 3 of the Ambition lots.  They let me pick which three and I did the consignment shop, Fire Station and Junk Yard.  I can't figure out any way to do it.  There are special little things that show where you place those lots but I only had three.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #854 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:24 PM »
I saw the same thing Telsey.  I guess you have to convert a residential lot to commercial in order to lay the other Ambitions building(s).

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog