Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942094 times)

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1155 on: October 26, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »
Who was having invisible sims? I'm pretty sure someone had them. Four of my five family members turned invisible after Tamsen took a photo of Holly. Camera stopped working after that so there might be some bugs in it. Tamsen and first immortal Franklin gained back their visible form by visiting Central Park. They couldn't take the toddler with them so she's still invisible and nobody can interact with her and put her to crib or feed her. :(  Looks like Holly is permanently invisible too. Can I reset Holly and Summer (toddler)? Or go back to previous save in case it doesn't help?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1156 on: October 26, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
Who was having invisible sims? I'm pretty sure someone had them. Four of my five family members turned invisible after Tamsen took a photo of Holly. Camera stopped working after that so there might be some bugs in it. Tamsen and first immortal Franklin gained back their visible form by visiting Central Park. They couldn't take the toddler with them so she's still invisible and nobody can interact with her and put her to crib or feed her. :(  Looks like Holly is permanently invisible too. Can I reset Holly and Summer (toddler)? Or go back to previous save in case it doesn't help?

Have you tried restarting your game?  Many times it's just a rendering issue that's fixed by a fresh start of the game.  However, if that doesn't work, you may go back to a previous save.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1157 on: October 27, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »
So I have to know, I'm playing a bit on my dynasty on the sideline of my other stories. But now I have a question. I'm soon getting Late Night, many have gotten it.
So are skills from Late Night okay to use as supermax skills? And what about opportunities, jobs and about living in Bridgeport for your dynasty? And would Vampires be allowed?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1158 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:32 AM »
So i have to now, im playing a bit on my dynasty on the sideline of my other stories but now i got a question, im soon getting latenight, many have gotten it.
So are skills from latenight okay to use as supermax skills? And what about opportunities, jobs and about living in bridgeport for your dynasty? And would Vampires be allowed?

Hi Lena, stayed tuned. I want to knock out some key articles for Carl and the Guide asap, but today or tomorrow I'd also like to at least point Bridgeport Dynasty players in the right direction if they want that town as their choice — i.e. specific lot choice and purchased items necessary to bring starting funds down to $1600.

To be honest, I just read something in the Late Night board where Carl was having big problems with opportunities because of cue canceling. I would be really cautious of starting a brand new Dynasty in Bridgeport until more bugs are uncovered.

ADrake

« Reply #1159 on: October 27, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »

All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the seventh generation sim just have to get pregnant from anyone in town or does it still need to be someone living in the house?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1160 on: October 27, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »

@ADrake

Your 7th generation firstborn must be a female. She will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

Copied from the rule set.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1161 on: October 27, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »
[Adding to Your Household
  • Spouses and spare children are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals. They are free to choose any LTW, career, skills, etc.
  • The firstborn child of any generation is targeted as an immortal and has restrictions: Their LTW must be different than other immortals, their career must be different than other immortals, and the skill requirement before eating Ambrosia as an Elder must be a different maxed skill than other maxed skills of immortals.
  • All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house.
  • SimBots may be obtained from a LTR or an Inventor can make them. However they must immediately be released into the wild.
  • You may choose all traits of offspring.
  • No Sim may ever be moved out of the household by any means. Spouses and non-immortal offspring are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited in any way.
  • Your first 6 immortals can be male or female and their spouses must live in the Dynasty house until their death.
  • Your 7th generation firstborn must be a female. She will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

aDrake, on first page of this tread you have rules so I recommend to reread them. I bold you a part that is specificly directed to your question.

EDIT: Samoht, you were faster:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1162 on: October 27, 2010, 03:11:36 PM »
EDIT: Samoht, you were faster:)

Lol, I replied to the same question in another Thread (Pam's I think) and then it appeared here so I copied it over and deleted the other one.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

ADrake

« Reply #1163 on: October 27, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
I guess my question is, is the seventh gen. allowed to get pregnant with a town sim, or does it have to be someone in the household, I guess the two lines in the rules are confusing me :-\

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1164 on: October 27, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »
I guess my question is, is the seventh gen. allowed to get pregnant with a town sim, or does it have to be someone in the household, I guess the two lines in the rules are confusing me :-\

Yes, you'd most definitely have the 7th generation — which has to be female — get pregnant from a townie. The townie can't move in because the 8th generation needs the available slot.

ADrake

« Reply #1165 on: October 27, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »
Thank you Metro, I was thinking maybe one of the Immortals had to do it, which was kinda grossing me out :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1166 on: October 27, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »
Thank you Metro, I was thinking maybe one of the Immortals had to do it, which was kinda grossing me out :)

Indeed. I doubt it would even be possible because the 7th generation would be blood related to all other existing immortals, so Romantic socials probably would not even come up.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1167 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:36 PM »
Indeed. I doubt it would even be possible because the 7th generation would be blood related to all other existing immortals, so Romantic socials probably would not even come up.

I think Sims stop recognizing their relatives at great grandfather/great grandmother/great grandchild, anything that goes beyond this is just acquaintance or friend or whatever. So technically the 7th generation could flirt with many sims living on the lot, however gross it is.

Anyways, thank you Pam for answering my question. Reloading the game didn't solve the invisibility problem so I'll go back to previous save. And thank you Metro for answering my previous question about the China child. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1168 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:55 AM »
Attention potential Bridgeport Dynasty players—

You now have the green light to begin if you wish. Check the rules in the first post of this thread and you'll see which lot you need to purchase as well as the two additional objects to bring starting funds to $1600 simoleans.

Vampires are banned for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge as they bring too many differences and changes to normal Sims that would give them unfair advantages—namely, faster skilling and a longer life.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1169 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:05 AM »
I think Sims stop recognizing their relatives at great grandfather/great grandmother/great grandchild, anything that goes beyond this is just acquaintance or friend or whatever. So technically the 7th generation could flirt with many sims living on the lot, however gross it is.

Anyways, thank you Pam for answering my question. Reloading the game didn't solve the invisibility problem so I'll go back to previous save. And thank you Metro for answering my previous question about the China child. :)

Yes, you are right.  Blood line ends at great great grandparents.  I guess the game just stops recongnizing them at that point.  I have to be careful, almost had relatives start flirting again, but I caught it.  I would still not even think of using a part of the family for getting my seventh sim pregnant though and yes, it is gross, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?