Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2968017 times)

Offline eza_possom

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1185 on: October 28, 2010, 11:28:05 PM »
I'm so annoyed right now! Literally one day after I get to finally make my first immortal with my founder his son dies the next day at school because it was hit by a meteor!! It looked like it killed all the kids in school & took the Grim forever to get through everyone including my heir. So looks like I'll have to start again  :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1186 on: October 29, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »
Ugh. Sorry to hear that, eza. From where I'm sitting...meteors, the official EA forums, and the vacation bug make up the axis of evil for this forum.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1187 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:13 AM »
Being friends with them can work to ways, They will last much longer and stay around till your sim eats ambrosia or they will die of thrist.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1188 on: October 29, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
One of my sims was completing an opportunity to speak at the hospital or something like that, and when she left she started getting a moodlet that said she was being hunted by a vampire.   She was on her way home, so I figured she was safe, but can vampires infect our sims without their consent?  Is this something we now have to watch out for?

Perhaps this question belongs in the thread on vampires, but I am concerned about my Dynasty members becoming infected with the vampire disease unintentionally.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1189 on: October 29, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »
@Schipperke — have no fear. A Sim has to ask to be turned. So, you only need to deal with the minor "Hunted" moodlet. Not too bad. Still a little annoying.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1190 on: October 29, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
@Schipperke — have no fear. A Sim has to ask to be turned.

That's a relief!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1191 on: October 29, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »
That's a relief!

Indeed. Becoming a vampire involuntarily would completely suck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1192 on: October 29, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »
Indeed. Becoming a vampire involuntarily would completely suck!

Haha, so good with the jokes!  :P

My sim got the 'Unusual Blemish' moodlet in the period she was transforming so if they don't have that then they are not infected, well that is what I found.

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #1193 on: October 29, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »
Uhhh, I wish I had Late Night! But I'm saving for World Adventures still, it's taking forever. LN sounds awesome.
I may not be a Twilight fan, but I still love playing with vampires :). And everything else - celebrities, hot tubs, clubs - sounds great! LN really adds a whole lot of new stuff and gameplay, it sounds like.

Ah well, while I save and save for WA, I have my Dynasty coming along swimmingly (do people still say that? 'Swimmingly'?). I'm up to my third generation without anything fatal happening, hurrah! It's great. I was afraid I'd never get to my third Immortal, but it looks like I will. Trevor Starr is a young adult and he's currently working on getting his job to half-way.  :D I love the pressure of juggling this, that, and the other, not to mention making sure my other Immortals don't accidentally die! It really adds another dimnsion to The Sims 3.

Elice :)

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #1194 on: October 30, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »
Simmeratheart, I still say swimmingly. LOL
OK so I started a dynasty in Sunset Valley and added the filming studios or whetever its called where you go to work if you are in the filming career and I added a dance club, the vampire lounge, dive bar and the club that has to do with water. I just want to make sure this is OK before I get to far in the story. I would have changed an exsisting lot but there really isn't any place to hang out in Sunset Valley.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1195 on: October 30, 2010, 01:44:21 PM »
OK so I started a dynasty in Sunset Valley and added the filming studios or whetever its called where you go to work if you are in the filming career and I added a dance club, the vampire lounge, dive bar and the club that has to do with water. I just want to make sure this is OK before I get to far in the story. I would have changed an exsisting lot but there really isn't any place to hang out in Sunset Valley.

Templesmom, Metro has amended the rules to allow the addition of Late Night feature lots to our Dynasties:  "•Anyone is free to use Edit Town to assign lots as bars and lounges to take advantage of Late Night's Mixology and band content."

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #1196 on: October 30, 2010, 01:48:16 PM »
Yea, I think I read it wrong. I thought it meant I could change the type of lot to a bar, but I wasn't sure if adding the lots was OK. But I am glad I am OK to go. Thanks for the response.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1197 on: October 31, 2010, 04:03:00 AM »
While most of you are all excited with Late night, (I hope to get it soon too), I had more technical issue with dynasty. It's like it is cursed! I got HELS and Fast lane so I did manual uninstall and installed everything again, put some additional CC clothes and hairstyles, and am enjoying all that a lot but my dynasty game is crashing after only few minutes of gameplay. I played another game, and even travelled a lot (around 7 trips to all destinations and a lot of exploring) and it run without any problem, but dynasty keep crashing. I have no idea what to do now. I'll probably try again to uninstall and install again, I tried running without CC and same thing. I really feel like that game is cursed :(

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1198 on: October 31, 2010, 04:32:04 AM »
Have you tried uninstalling the CC? If that still doesn't work that game may be corrupted.  :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1199 on: October 31, 2010, 04:46:49 AM »
@Anushka:

This is going to be a problem for most of us playing this Dynasty challenge.  When the file gets this big, it starts having lots of problems.  I can suggest a couple of things, though, that might help.

1.  Try turning down your graphics settings on the Options menu.
2.  Clean out your game cache.
3.  Completely restart the game often.  This makes it reset the memory and run better.
4.  Check your save games and delete any that have ".bad" as part of the name.

Do I understand correctly that you've just done an uninstall and reinstall?  If you have Windows, did you do a disk cleanup and defrag?  There are some topics on the Technical Help board that will give you specific instructions about these things.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."