Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941626 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1545 on: December 13, 2010, 05:40:03 AM »
And Martial arts, Pam, why is it hard for you?

No, not Martial Arts.  I said Master of the Arts is hard for me.  But that was when we were still confused about which Lifetime Wish was for which skills.  It's actually Illustrious Author that's hard for me.  I've always had a hard time getting painting and writing maxed together.

Pam, how's mixology going? I'm afraid of that one challenge, serving 60 Sims, have you done it already?

I'm nowhere near finishing it.  Bubblegum is at level 10 and has completed the challenge where she creates 25 new drinks, but she has only served 3 Sims!  She's only made 142 out of 500 needed drinks, and has only learned 1 Custom Drink out of the needed 42.  A huge problem is that the clubs are almost always empty in Sunset Valley.  I've been trying different things, like throwing parties at the clubs and managing a bar at a home party, but not much luck at all.  She'll have to do a lot of it while on vacation.  All of this while trying to reach level 10 in Politics and raise a toddler.  Of course, the rest of the family helps a great deal with Forest, but it's still very very difficult.  Bubblegum has to be the hardest one since the founder.  Maybe even harder.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1546 on: December 13, 2010, 06:14:01 AM »
That does sound hard, have you tried moonlighting in happy hours and hot spots? Happy hours were most productive for me. It is not easy in BP, and specially in SV to serve many Sims. Does it count if Carina order a drink if Bubblegum is moonlighting?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1547 on: December 13, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »
She's only made 142 out of 500 needed drinks, and has only learned 1 Custom Drink out of the needed 42.  A huge problem is that the clubs are almost always empty in Sunset Valley.  I've been trying different things, like throwing parties at the clubs and managing a bar at a home party, but not much luck at all.

What about throwing parties on your home lot? I'm assuming you have a bar, so maybe the drinks made on your home lot would also count towards the total. I know it's very difficult to get Sims to voluntarily drink nectar so it's probably the same mechanic as getting them to drink at the bar. There's no social where you can click the plate of drinks..."Call for Drinks" or something like that. That would be great — just like calling everyone to a big plate of food.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1548 on: December 13, 2010, 07:20:15 AM »
Well, my next plan of attack is to take several of them on vacation, have Bubblegum manage the bar, and have the others order drinks from her.  That's about the last thing I can think of.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1549 on: December 13, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
Ratchie, you would do this again? Respect! I would also be able to get higher value items, but no way I'm going through this again!

Anushka,I mostly play long generational games so I would definitely do the the immortal dynasty again. I have a long list of things I would do differently. Of course if a certain Metropolis man comes up with another long generational challenge I might just do that instead.
Of course I need to finish the dynasty I am doing right now first.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1550 on: December 13, 2010, 08:15:53 AM »
So far these are my families Skills and careers etc:

Hebe Supermax skill cooking. Lifetime wish to be a five star chef. Career Cooking she has also maxed gardening and Charisma.

Bronte Supermax skill painting.Lifetime wish to be an illustrious Author. Career painting. She has also maxed the writing skill.

Kumquat Supermax skill logic. Lifetime wish to be a world renowned surgeon. Career medical. She hasn't maxed any other skills at all.

Sunset Supermax skill athletic. Lifetime wish to be a superstar athlete. Career athletics. Again she has no other maxed skills.

Eskarina Supermax skill inventing.No lifetime wish chosen yet but I was thinking of going with living in the lap of luxury. Career Inventing.

Which will leave me with the following supermax skills to chose from for the last three generations:
Nectar making
Sculpting
Fishing
Mixology
Photography

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1551 on: December 13, 2010, 11:29:58 AM »
I have decided not to follow a plan and just wing it, I have had many different ones and still mess up. Sorry I always get the LTW's mixed up but I have had the Illustrious and Professional Author completed in the Character Legacy. Illustrious were Agnes and Daffy, Professional Author was Jerry. All I know is that the next gen will be a Sculptor.  ;) I even have a name for the next Generation child.  8)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1552 on: December 13, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
Only $14,000, 2 Cooking Skill Points, A Deathfish and 2 Friends stand in Diana's way!  ;D They are currently in China. Diana studying Cooking and Chris is Fishing, he is at level 6. Diana is at level 8 of Cooking and still 2 days to go. $14,000 is all she needs to get to Lvl 10 in the Career! I am so exited! She needs to replenish her friends and make 2ish more. Won't be hard as she has Level 6 Charisma and the Long Distance Friends LTW. She is about 80 days old!  :D I hope she makes it, probably will be very close. Gabriella's on level 5 of Writing already and she has only been writing for 3 days. She also made $9,000 for a Painting Op but I don't know if it will count for her Career or not.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1553 on: December 13, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »
 ???  Sadness has invaded my game.  As of today every time I open the game it immediately crashes to desktop. 

Is it permissible to move the entire challenge lot to a new save file or is starting over the only option?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1554 on: December 13, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »
???  Sadness has invaded my game.  As of today every time I open the game it immediately crashes to desktop. 

Is it permissible to move the entire challenge lot to a new save file or is starting over the only option?

There could very well be something about the household which is causing the crash which means moving the lot might carry the problem right with you. I recommend a complete reinstall and a fresh new file (yeah, I know that blows). Have you shut your computer down completely and let it sit for a while before booting it up again?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1555 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:55 PM »
There could very well be something about the household which is causing the crash which means moving the lot might carry the problem right with you. I recommend a complete reinstall and a fresh new file (yeah, I know that blows). Have you shut your computer down completely and let it sit for a while before booting it up again?

I think it might have been the heat, got to love playing on a laptop.  I got in after posting and it played just fine with no crashes so hopefully it just wanted a day off.  I am going to give it tonight off and see how it does tomorrow. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1556 on: December 13, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »
Oh, yeah. Heat and computers do not mix well.  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1557 on: December 13, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »
I think it might have been the heat, got to love playing on a laptop.  I got in after posting and it played just fine with no crashes so hopefully it just wanted a day off.  I am going to give it tonight off and see how it does tomorrow. 

You can buy a fan for your laptop to sit on that will help keep it from getting so hot.  It's just a platform about the size of a laptop that has a fan built in.  It plugs into a USB port on your laptop.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1558 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »
Yeah.. Turned on my Laptop today to have my entire Dynasty gone... not to mention all of my important files. Got some of them back, but Sims 3 Dynasty is still gone  >:(. Appeas I will have to start over.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1559 on: December 13, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »
I do have a question.  In Pam's dynasty I know she puts the furniture of each immortal in the room where the museum pieces are, I have done basically the same thing, only, each separate room also has a bedroom where they sleep.  Is that acceptable or does all of the pieces need to be somewhere where the immortal doesn't sleep?  I know the rules states a museum, but I was just thinking that I needed to find out for sure.  It is no problem building another museum and putting everything back into it, but it actually looks kinda neat in their own rooms.  There is no other paintings or portraits in these rooms, except for I need for the dynasty.  Just checking, would rather find out now than later. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?