Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942010 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1635 on: December 28, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »
I'm sorry if I missed this, but if one of our Sims loses a trait, may we use the code to re-add it?

By "loses a trait" I'm assuming you mean a game glitch. If that's the case, yes. If you are unable to pick all traits during aging up stages, then you're stuck with what the game randomizes for you due to not keeping the mother happy during pregnancy, getting a child on the honor roll, etc.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1636 on: December 28, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »
By "loses a trait" I'm assuming you mean a game glitch. If that's the case, yes. If you are unable to pick all traits during aging up stages, then you're stuck with what the game randomizes for you due to not keeping the mother happy during pregnancy, getting a child on the honor roll, etc.

Yes, I mean a glitch.  My teen got the Charismatic trait when he aged up, but a day later, it had disappeared.  I'll re-add it, thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1637 on: December 29, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
I might have just inadvertently blown my dynasty. I queued up Hebe to make ambrosia then my real life one year old had a slight diaper malfunction.(he was wiping aforesaid malfunction on the television). I forgot to pause my game and when I came back Mick the mortal had eaten the ambrosia.
Could I continue from a previous save or is it game over.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1638 on: December 29, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
I might have just inadvertently blown my dynasty. I queued up Hebe to make ambrosia then my real life one year old had a slight diaper malfunction.(he was wiping aforesaid malfunction on the television). I forgot to pause my game and when I came back Mick the mortal had eaten the ambrosia.
Could I continue from a previous save or is it game over.

Rachel

Go ahead and go back, Rachel. ;)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1639 on: December 29, 2010, 01:06:40 PM »
Thank you so much.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Frey

« Reply #1640 on: December 29, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »
Err... I have some trouble here... my sim had twins and I have no idea which baby is my firstborn! Turns out that, at the hospital, the game asked me for Aurora's name first so I assumed she had been born the first as well... but then Claudia aged up first from  Baby to Toddler, and then Aurora aged up first from Toddler to Child... so I have them changing places from time to time in the sims-bar-thingie (where your family members are showed). I suppose Aurora should be the firstborn, but right now she appears as the second-born so it's kind of weird.

Frey

« Reply #1641 on: December 29, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
Nevermind... I thing the game fixed itself because I started it a few seconds ago and the twins are back to normal. Strange thing having twins... I had never had them in TS3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1642 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
Yeah, Frey, just for your information in the future, if you named Aurora first, then always treat her as firstborn. She's the targeted immortal. There's always going to be some randomization in age-up times, even with Sims with the same birthday.

Frey

« Reply #1643 on: December 29, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
OK, thanks!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #1644 on: December 30, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
Oh no, things were going well until my sims noticed it was getting dark, and ran to the park.  Then down comes a meteor *Bam!* right into my outdoor kitchen, I lost alot, but have been fixing and replacing stuff dutifully, only I just noticed my mailbox is broken and irreplacable apparently.  Is there anyway to fix this so I can click on it and get my mail again?  Because if it stays this way then it's time  to start round six *sigh*
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1645 on: December 30, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
Oh no, things were going well until my sims noticed it was getting dark, and ran to the park.  Then down comes a meteor *Bam!* right into my outdoor kitchen, I lost alot, but have been fixing and replacing stuff dutifully, only I just noticed my mailbox is broken and irreplacable apparently.  Is there anyway to fix this so I can click on it and get my mail again?  Because if it stays this way then it's time  to start round six *sigh*

Sorry to hear about this. Meteors...pfffttt...don't get me started.  ::)  Others probably have more info than I do, but if you can obtain a new mailbox via Edit Town or the buydebug cheat, then I'll allow it.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #1646 on: December 30, 2010, 11:15:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. Meteors...pfffttt...don't get me started.  ::)  Others probably have more info than I do, but if you can obtain a new mailbox via Edit Town or the buydebug cheat, then I'll allow it.

Yeah, I didn't know about buydebug yet, that was pretty interesting stuff, but I can't find a mailbox anywhere in it.  I checked both google and the forums, and found out how to delete it, but when I reloaded it was still broken.  I don't know what else to try :(  I can live without my garbage can, and I miss my super cooking fridge but could live without it, but I need my gems and smelting stuff.  So I guess it's on to another try, next time a meteor drops I will hide the mailbox and garbage can behind a wall!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1647 on: December 31, 2010, 06:43:41 AM »
I read somewhere on the forum that the mailbox can be replaced automagically by the game if you switch lots and then back again to your lot. But, in case switching from your main lot is not allowed, I suggest you'll have to keep the gems and metals you've found without cutting or smelting... By the way, I've recently joined the challenge, but my game is in Russian, so I use Google Translate to translate names of lots or sims' names. Please tell me where to show the results of the challenge?  ???
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1648 on: December 31, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »
By the way, I've recently joined the challenge, but my game is in Russian, so I use Google Translate to translate names of lots or sims' names. Please tell me where to show the results of the challenge?  ???

By "results of the challenge" are you referring to the scores of players that have finished? I established the Dynasty Hall of Fame for that purpose and Schippeke is currently the sole player to hold that honor. I'm guessing Pam will finish in the next week too.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1649 on: December 31, 2010, 07:29:25 AM »
By "results of the challenge" are you referring to the scores of players that have finished?

No, I mean that right now I've started my family in Sunset Valley, 15 Summer Hill Court and where can I post the screenshot of my sim I've just taken? Maybe I should start a new thread and place it there?
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

anything