Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 434405 times)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #915 on: October 28, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
Hahahahaha! Sure had days like those, lol...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Chuckles_82

« Reply #916 on: November 12, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
- You look at a mountain range, and there must be a road or something about halfway up, because it looks like a seam - like poor blending with distant terrain (and the latter is the first thing that comes to mind).

- When you go into the kitchen to make a cuppa, picture yourself having a route-fail because of all the dishes in the sink, but then laugh, because real-life routing allows you to go around the dishes.

- When you look at some really nice paper in the craft shop and immediately notice it has exactly FOUR colours! CAP time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #917 on: November 13, 2012, 02:39:44 AM »
…When you need to clean out your hard drive but don't delete 2-year-old save files that haven't been touched in said amount of time. It's the same with Game Maker files, video archives, YoYo Games downloads, ect.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #918 on: November 13, 2012, 02:42:19 AM »
I've searched so many websites to try to find the release date for Seasons and have narrowed it down to three possible dates: Tomorrow, the day after Tomorrow, or the day after the day after Tomorrow. :o

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »
You enter a contestant in a Sim forum's version of a reality TV show, then get impatient waiting for said show to start and make the whole family of your contestant, and plan out elaborate screenshots...Yeah, can't wait til the Mole starts, I have way too much time on my hands.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »
I have a notepad at work on which I jot down primarily work-related notes - prices, dates, reminders to remind myself to set a reminder for something or someone, etc. These notes sometimes include lists of things to do.

Today I made a list that went something like this - "1. computer - upgraded graphics; 2. unbreakable [this one had a check by it]; 3. sprinklers - auto-water [also checked]; 4. tv - improve channels; 5. stereo - upgrade speakers [also checked]; 6. self-cleaning [also checked]; 7. fireproof [also checked]; 8. fireplace - auto-light; 9. door bell; 10. dart board - always win, or hot tub - bubbles or something like that, or stereo - wire house, or stove - improve meal quality(?)." No, this particular list was not work-related, and yes, it was from memory since certain sites such as this one are blocked. :P

Louise56

« Reply #921 on: November 13, 2012, 10:20:15 AM »
Lol! Someone that didn't know sims, will be very confused or very amazed by that list. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #922 on: November 13, 2012, 04:33:59 PM »
Okay, now I know for sure I've played too much. While reading Carl's new Seasons Summer guides I tried to mouse over the sims' pictures at the eating contest to see who they were. Sheesh.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #923 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:04 PM »
Lol! Someone that didn't know sims, will be very confused or very amazed by that list. :P
Hehe, considering the department I work in, I'm now having visions of a coworker seeing this list and saying "Wow, why didn't she tell us she could do that?!? How did she play dumb all these years, she's a mechanical genius!" 

Okay, now I know for sure I've played too much. While reading Carl's new Seasons Summer guides I tried to mouse over the sims' pictures at the eating contest to see who they were. Sheesh.
I've been guilty of similar, primarily in YouTube videos. :P

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #924 on: November 14, 2012, 02:05:12 AM »

I am so guilty of that and doing the same with pictures on the forum.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #925 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »
Heaven knows how many times I've done that on the forum... Even I don't know...
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #926 on: November 16, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »
OK so weird thing happened to me the other night whilst I was in dreamland.  I dreamt I was a Sim and all my friends and family were Sims (with plumbobs above their heads). We were in Sunset Valley and were trying out a new bar, there was a place in the front to eat and drink and a place in the back for a band to play and to dance but there was a door behind the stage which no matter how hard I tried I could not open said door.  Also everyone looked normal (like in real life) they just had the plumbob above their heads.  It was very strange.  I think I must of been playing it a bit too much lol!!
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Chuckles_82

« Reply #927 on: November 16, 2012, 04:51:43 PM »
When you get your sim's weather report mixed up with your own  :o

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #928 on: November 22, 2012, 07:36:58 AM »
I don't know whether this counts as being addicted to Sims or to this forum, but I work as a data capturer. Taking a break from work, I loaded the forum, went back into the programme I use for work and instead of typing my work description I typed "Carl's Sims". Somehow I don't think that would have gone down well with my boss.  ::)
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #929 on: November 22, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »
I had a dream that I was at work and we had just hired someone new, and that someone happened to be Bella Bachelor... You can tell what's been on my mind lately. :P

But yeah, you know you've been playing Sims too much when Bella invades your dreams and starts working at your office. :P

anything