Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428947 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #945 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
I became quite animated with my sims last night, so much so that I was told to 'keep it down' and 'if I want to cook, I will'.

Yes, a non-cooking sim tried to cook something and I was shouting at him.

Dek

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #946 on: December 03, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »
Even worse, she knew I was going to a big event yesterday and her mind still went straight to the Sims. My dad followed that by immediately asking how many views I have on my story. I guess I really do talk about my Sims all the time.
That was nice for your dad to ask.  :)

My mum bought me Seasons last week, and we were talking about it the other day. She was actually enthusiastic, which made me more at ease. She usually replied with, "How cool!"  :P

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #947 on: December 04, 2012, 01:08:14 PM »
I'm not sure I believe there is such a thing as too much Sims.   ;)

But when I was at the grocery store this morning I couldn't help but think of this thread.  I was waiting in line at the checkout, with nothing much to do but look at the magazines on display.  I found myself studying the cover of a fashion magazine, not because I was interested in the articles or clothes on display, but because I kept wondering what sliders I would have to use to make a Sim that looked like the model. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #948 on: December 04, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »
...you are a Business Consultant in Real Life you start making references to the sims when giving advice when off work, and I quote 'You should have a red sad smiley face beside 'Logic' if you believe this marketing campaign should work...go play some chess, look through a telescope for a few hours then return and tell me you still want to go forward with this!' You get stares but the sims fans in the room will give little half-smiles.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #949 on: December 04, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »
But when I was at the grocery store this morning I couldn't help but think of this thread.  I was waiting in line at the checkout, with nothing much to do but look at the magazines on display.  I found myself studying the cover of a fashion magazine, not because I was interested in the articles or clothes on display, but because I kept wondering what sliders I would have to use to make a Sim that looked like the model.

You mean I'm not the only one who does this? :O

Anyways...

- When you see a Clay Street and a Greenwood Street within half a mile of each other and take notice.

- When you have a dog named Buddy and all you can think of is that he shares a name with Buddy Bailey of Twinbrook (true story!).

- When you cry because your hair looks scarily close to Agnes-hair (true story too!).

- When you're driving on a foggy day with your family and you have to suppress the urge to say "man, it's worse than Twinbrook out here!"

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #950 on: December 04, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »
You have family members who refuse to give you Sim points for Christmas because "it'll feed your addiction".

Chuckles_82

« Reply #951 on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »
lol that totally sounds like my family!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #952 on: December 04, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »
And mine!

Just ignore them, they just haven't been converted to the "right" faith yet...

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #953 on: December 05, 2012, 03:03:36 AM »
...you are a Business Consultant in Real Life you start making references to the sims when giving advice when off work, and I quote 'You should have a red sad smiley face beside 'Logic' if you believe this marketing campaign should work...go play some chess, look through a telescope for a few hours then return and tell me you still want to go forward with this!' You get stares but the sims fans in the room will give little half-smiles.

Laughing so hard because this almost happened to me!  I felt like handing out Logic Vol 1: Knights or Bishops to skill up some of the denser people at the meeting.  Sadder still that I know the title to that book without having to look it up somewhere!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #954 on: December 05, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »
When you want to know what time it is and you look at the game clock instead of your own clock.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #955 on: December 05, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »
When you want to know what time it is and you look at the game clock instead of your own clock.

HAHA! I do this all the time, and I'm all "3:00 in the morning!!!! AHHH! I have to work tomorrow!!"  then realize its 9 pm real time and I panicked for no reason.  hahah!

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #956 on: December 05, 2012, 11:13:09 PM »
...when you're playing World of Warcraft, and you see the mushroom trees in Zangarmarsh, and you think, "Oh, I can plant those in the Sims."

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »
Sometimes I imagine I've got moodlets. Here is today's:

I've got a nasty cold  :(
But at least I can stay home on Sims all day  ;D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #958 on: December 08, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
I just tried to speed 3 the loading of a website. It was a Sims website but still.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #959 on: December 08, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »
I just tried to speed 3 the loading of a website. It was a Sims website but still.

I am a chronic with this one. I try to speed things up all the time and it never works  :'(
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything