Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705985 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »
I have a question now that I am playing the dynasty challenge. I have to make 5 culinair dishes at one event for my cooking aspiration. Now did I make 1/5 dishes at a wedding and after that I wasn't able to complete the rest. Now it says 1/5 dishes complete. I tried to do the rest at a dinner party (I assumed it would reset, but it didn't) and that did nothing. This is the last thing I have to do to complete that aspiration. Can I still complete this? Does anyone know this is a bug? If so, do I have to start another aspiration for my requirements to make ambrosia? (I'm pretty far already with the first generation). I hope it will be resolved.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
You did make sure they were Gourmet dishes right? Try and do salads - it takes the oven and stovetop out of the equation and they're much faster.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:19 PM »
Do we need to display the awards from the gold medal parties?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 07:06:31 PM »
You did make sure they were Gourmet dishes right? Try and do salads - it takes the oven and stovetop out of the equation and they're much faster.

I did, yeah. Might try it another time later on. Also: to get the gold medal for a party, does the hier have to plan the social event? or does the heir also need to be the one the party's for (like birthday parties)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »
Do we need to display the awards from the gold medal parties?
No need, just keep track of the 5 different type of gold medals.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »
I did, yeah. Might try it another time later on. Also: to get the gold medal for a party, does the hier have to plan the social event? or does the heir also need to be the one the party's for (like birthday parties)

MissZoef, i have had this kind of problem with some other aspiration that did stop counting, suddenly.
What i did to solve it for them was to choose another aspiration, as an example Angling Ace, and the save and close the game.
Start up your game and go into the file again, and switch back to your old aspiration, this has made them start counting again for me untill now.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »
So, despite the challenge of having to save more frequently than usual in order to not lose things with my constant crashes, Holly Thyme is going to build her dynasty!  It will probably take a gazillion more time to do this but I am nothing if not persistent, (read: stubborn), so wish me luck.

@Joria, I've been experiencing incessant crashing, too! Do you have any idea what's causing it? I'm practically crying over it over here.  :(
I've been debugging, defragging, restarting, and following every guideline I can find on this site and others to try to stop it, but nothing seems to work.

And I've lost so much play time. It crashes at least 2 out of 3 times that I save, even if they're one right after the other.

(Sorry, this is off-topic for this discussion. I just want to make sure you see it.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 08:37:15 PM »
  • School-aged Heirs cannot miss school.

What if they miss it by accident?

Also, I've NEVER played any game challenge like this before. If you really mean eight generations, then what do you do with the rest of the family? Kick them out to make room for more? Wait until they die?

Thanks

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 09:06:22 PM »
We are discussing the missing school situation, will let you know once we decide.
NO kicking anyone out of your dynasty house.  You just have to wait for the non-heirs / household members to die.

No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
We are discussing the missing school situation, will let you know once we decide.
NO kicking anyone out of your dynasty house.  You just have to wait for the non-heirs / household members to die.

No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).

So then, having more children would make it more difficult because you have to wait for them to die? Also, if you have a girl, can the father be a townie or someone not living with them?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 09:53:13 PM »
Having more children will make the dynasty slower, not necessarily more difficult.  Yes, you have to wait for them to die if your household is maxed at 8 sims.  Both parents (heir and spouse) MUST be living in the house, you can't have the father living somewhere else.

Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
Possibly stupid questions, so this will be my first time attempting a dynasty challenge and I'm wondering if it's ok to just put needed items on lot without rooms and walls to save money at first and also for the founder and each subsequent heir, do I have to wait till all of them have completed their 8 requirements to eat ambrosia or is it on individual bases?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 11:20:09 PM »
Possibly stupid questions,
No such thing as a stupid question.  ;)

so this will be my first time attempting a dynasty challenge and I'm wondering if it's ok to just put needed items on lot without rooms and walls to save money at first
To me, a museum means a room to display your precious and valuable stuff.  A museum without walls just doesn't feel like a museum.  Your sims can live in the open (no house to save money), but at least build a small square room as your museum.  The starting funds is $10,000 which is quite a bit, you shouldn't have money problem.

and also for the founder and each subsequent heir, do I have to wait till all of them have completed their 8 requirements to eat ambrosia or is it on individual bases?
On an individual basis.  Each founder/heir when they finish their 8 requirements + reach elder stage, they can eat ambrosia for the first time.  After the first time Ambrosia, you will need to watch your elders life span and keep feeding them ambrosia till the end of the dynasty where you have all 8 immortals in a house alive and kicking.

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:36 AM »
Does no splitting households mean I can't move in my husband? I'm confused:

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »
You can move in a spouse. There's a difference between manually asking a sim to move in and using Manage Worlds to mess around with households.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded