Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698177 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »
Are we allowed to use the Nano Can?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »
Yes you can.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
Ah cool, thank you!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »
*Needs $$.  Runs off to find trash for nano can. lol* 

I'm unclear as to what a "Whim" is exactly.  Is it like the thought bubbles Sims would get in TS3 where they would want to do something?  So...if my Sim has a thought/wish/whim to paint a particular painting tied to an emotion is that a whim?  What if she gets a "whim" to do something that is NOT tied to an emotion, like she just got "Plant Something", but she is in a playful mood so obviously that is not tied to gardening; would that also be a whim and does it count in the rules?

Is there a link for the allowed mods?  I've never used mods but with TS4 it's almost necessary to keep the game going.

Can you do cas.fulleditmode and change the aspirations of a Sim in your household, not your founder or heir?  Like suppose you wind up with an evil Sim and really don't want to have to go around insulting people?  Is changing their personalities allowed?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »
@Joria

7. Each Heir needs to complete seven different Whims (but other heirs can complete the same Whims) and each Whim must be tied to a different emotion. For example “Hug Someone from being Happy,” “Do Push Ups from being Energized, or “Take a Shower from being Tense.”

There are 3 different whim slots for each sim. The one on the left is the whim tied to their emotions. The other two are tied to their aspiration, traits and skills. Only the whims on the left slot that are tied to emotions, and are coloured (not white) are the ones that count towards this requirement. It's really very easy to get one of each. You don't even have to set out especially to get them all at once, just notice when your sim is in a different mood, fulfil a wish and add it to the list.

As for editing traits in CAS I would say it would almost certainly be a no, but I'll leave that up to the challenge team. If you want to find out the traits of the sims you meet before moving them in, you can use the 'get to know' interaction 3 times. You are allowed to change their aspiration, so the only thing that won't change is their bonus trait. There was a glitch at one point that let you change this trait if you changed aspirations and then used a mirror or dresser to edit CAS normally.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »
Can you do cas.fulleditmode and change the aspirations of a Sim in your household, not your founder or heir?  Like suppose you wind up with an evil Sim and really don't want to have to go around insulting people?  Is changing their personalities allowed?

No this is definitly not allowed. That cheat may only be used if you should end up with a boy as your 7th heir.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »
I just encountered a new problem with my founder. I have all the ingrediënts for ambrosia, my founder is going to age up to elder any second now (just have to give a birthday party), and I've completed everything else. So of course before I could start with the ambrosia: my bff died. I tried to make a new Bff and the green bar was compeltely full with this sim, but this action doesn't come up, because the dead sims is still my bff. How do I get a new bff? then I can start with the ambrosia :D

edit: just read that you can only have one BFF and that you have to wait for the relationship to decay. I don't think that's an option for me here, because I'm still good friends and Best friends with this sim and my founder is aging up to elder state any second from now. It will take way too long. What can I do?

I hope this isn't the only way, otherwise I'm afraid I'll have to start over :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
If you have a sim whose reward is an inspiration potion (or any potion for that matter) is it ok for other heirs to create these potions at the bar?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2014, 06:32:42 PM »
@MissZoef

Currently it's a glitch, you can only have 1 BFF at the moment.  The team will discuss this, will let you know what to do as soon as we can.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
If you have a sim whose reward is an inspiration potion (or any potion for that matter) is it ok for other heirs to create these potions at the bar?

Only restriction we have is your other heirs cannot purchase the same inspiration potion from the reward store, rule doesn't say anything about not being able to create it at the mixology bar.  So yes, you can create those potions at the bar. 

Team thoughts?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »
@MissZoef

Currently it's a glitch, you can only have 1 BFF at the moment.  The team will discuss this, will let you know what to do as soon as we can.

Thanks, looking forward to your answer.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2014, 09:48:46 PM »
Even though they cannot complete the " Bodybuilder Aspiration " Can they still have the fitness skill? Because my founder and spouse and getting heavy..  ???

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
Regarding these 2 rules:
2. Complete two Adult Aspirations no other Heir has completed.
4. Purchase four rewards not bought by other Heirs.

As long as each Heir completes 2 adult aspirations and buys 4 rewards that are unique as in those 2 adult aspirations and those 4 rewards can't count for any other Heir, the other Heirs can complete the same aspirations, but they just don't count towards their "tally," right?

It doesn't sound fun to prevent the other 7 adults from EVER completing an aspiration that someone else completed just because someone else already did it.  :)

I'm only asking because someone else's post seemed to imply that that, if, say, one sim bought "hardly hungry," then no other sim could buy that. That doesn't sound right to me. I never interpreted it like that.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2014, 11:30:14 PM »
Regarding these 2 rules:
2. Complete two Adult Aspirations no other Heir has completed.
4. Purchase four rewards not bought by other Heirs.

As long as each Heir completes 2 adult aspirations and buys 4 rewards that are unique as in those 2 adult aspirations and those 4 rewards can't count for any other Heir, the other Heirs can complete the same aspirations, but they just don't count towards their "tally," right?

It doesn't sound fun to prevent the other 7 adults from EVER completing an aspiration that someone else completed just because someone else already did it.  :)

I'm only asking because someone else's post seemed to imply that that, if, say, one sim bought "hardly hungry," then no other sim could buy that. That doesn't sound right to me. I never interpreted it like that.

The 2 aspirations and 4 rewards that each generation purchases have to be unique.  If they purchase more than 4, then the 5th, 6th, ect ones cannot count as a unique for future generations, cannot have been taken as a unique for a previous generation, but CAN be taken by any generation.  It just can't count towards your goals for ambrosia.

To clarify on your example, all your dynasty sims could take hardly hungry, but they would also need 4 other, unique rewards purchased before they could eat ambrosia, and hardly hungry can never be a unique reward for another sim.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2014, 07:09:18 AM »
Awesome job, guys! I can't wait to start my own soon.

P.S: If this is not bothering you, well could you make a scoring spreadsheet for TS4 too? I've seen that in TS3 Immortal Dynasty, so that'd make easier for us to organized things. Thank you :) 
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -