Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697763 times)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »
I am so excited to begin this challenge. I think I have only been disappointed in Sims 4 because I miss Metro's challenges!!! Looking forward to starting challenges again!!!!!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »
I started by planning which generation was going to contribute what collectibles, and then planned backwards from that. Eg: Paintings, painting skill, painter career, painter aspiration, creative LTR. Once everyone had the basics, I filled in the extras with the leftovers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
Thanks Annika!  That helps a bit.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2014, 12:42:48 PM »
Hey so I've got a question.  Is it okay to donate both Focused paintings and normal painting/other emotions?  Normally I wouldn't ask, but it occurred to me that maybe they should be separate.

Focused paintings, or Mathematical diagrams, do not get any benefit from the painting skill, or the painting aspiration.   You cannot create a focused painting by finishing the painting aspiration, its entirely locked to your logic skill.  Because normal paintings (and normal emotional painting) and focused paintings use entirely different skills and have little to no overlap, I feel that they could be a separate museum item.

It occurs to me that these focused paintings may be the way Focused Sims are supposed to keep up, income-wise, with Inspired Sims (dunno bout you guys, but I prefer focused play, and not being able to make anywhere near as much as a painter/writer always bugged me).

Also on a completely different note, all museum items must be donated BEFORE you eat ambrosia, and cannot be replaced afterwards correct?  So in terms of score/rules, the only thing your post-ambrosia dynasty members are for is a failure condition on death, so they can be (more or less) effectively ignored?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2014, 01:08:58 AM »

Also on a completely different note, all museum items must be donated BEFORE you eat ambrosia, and cannot be replaced afterwards correct?  So in terms of score/rules, the only thing your post-ambrosia dynasty members are for is a failure condition on death, so they can be (more or less) effectively ignored?
This has always been the case in previous dynasties, so I wouldn't expect that they would allow you to replace items later in this one.

I'm not the challenge team, but it seems to me that paintings are paintings no matter how you create them. Logic skill does already have two sets of collectible prints. There are at least double the necessary collections that you need to complete a dynasty, so there are plenty of things to choose from, even if some are less lucrative.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2014, 03:21:03 AM »
So, has anyone else tried seducing Grim to save the life of a girl/guy friend or spouse?  It didn't work, by the way but it sure was funny watching Grim get all heartish.  He blew a kiss when he left.  I am obviously having a really, hard time with this dynasty.  That last one was my third attempt.  The other two died of embarrassment.  I really, really hate that you can die from emotions.  Ah well, back to the drawing board.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2014, 08:02:55 AM »
Also on a completely different note, all museum items must be donated BEFORE you eat ambrosia, and cannot be replaced afterwards correct?

Correct.

So in terms of score/rules, the only thing your post-ambrosia dynasty members are for is a failure condition on death, so they can be (more or less) effectively ignored?

In a sense, yes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BzGoose

• Nooboo
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Hey so I've got a question.  Is it okay to donate both Focused paintings and normal painting/other emotions?  Normally I wouldn't ask, but it occurred to me that maybe they should be separate.

Focused paintings, or Mathematical diagrams, do not get any benefit from the painting skill, or the painting aspiration.   You cannot create a focused painting by finishing the painting aspiration, its entirely locked to your logic skill.  Because normal paintings (and normal emotional painting) and focused paintings use entirely different skills and have little to no overlap, I feel that they could be a separate museum item.

It occurs to me that these focused paintings may be the way Focused Sims are supposed to keep up, income-wise, with Inspired Sims (dunno bout you guys, but I prefer focused play, and not being able to make anywhere near as much as a painter/writer always bugged me).

Would love some input on this query, as the logic "paintings" aren't actually painted. The animation even has them do the drawings with pencil!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »

Would love some input on this query, as the logic "paintings" aren't actually painted. The animation even has them do the drawings with pencil!

Yeah I am ok with Focused Paintings and standard paintings being separate museum items. Let's get input from a couple more team members and then we can edit that in the rules accordingly.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »
Yeah I am ok with Focused Paintings and standard paintings being separate museum items. Let's get input from a couple more team members and then we can edit that in the rules accordingly.
I would say it would be okay

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Would it be okay to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to change the last name of the dynasty spouse? I'd like to keep the family name alive through the whole challenge.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »
No aging anyone up early. Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday and only on members of your household.
This is from the rules.  Does this mean we can click on the bassinet on the baby's actual birthday and choose "age up"?  Or do we have to wait for the game to age them up?

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »
No aging anyone up early. Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday and only on members of your household.
This is from the rules.  Does this mean we can click on the bassinet on the baby's actual birthday and choose "age up"?  Or do we have to wait for the game to age them up?

Got to wait for them to age up naturally.  I'm not a mod tho, so wait for them to be sure.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
Sorry, I have a feeling that if you can cake other ages up on their birthday, then you can do this at the baby stage...on their birthday.  We could age a baby in TS3 on their birthday, so I think it should be the same for TS4.  Only difference is that you can't use a cake on a baby.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »
Sorry, I have a feeling that if you can cake other ages up on their birthday, then you can do this at the baby stage...on their birthday.  We could age a baby in TS3 on their birthday, so I think it should be the same for TS4.  Only difference is that you can't use a cake on a baby.

The difference between babies and other ages though is that if you don't eat a cake with a sim, they get a sad debuff for like 24 hours.  Or maybe the party would avoid it, but to finish the party you have to blow out the candles and age the sim up anyways.

And actually, I'll bet thats the reason they allow cakes on birthdays, because you need to do it for the party.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty