Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708058 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »
So I just had a dream that my heir died after completing all his objectives but 2 days before he got to elder because of a fire.  Not a fun dream :P
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
Is it okay to continually switch between the two aspirations?

Makes no difference. You just have to have each heir finish two unique ones. How you go about doing that is up to you.

One question for the team: Can one of the good friends be a romantic interest/someone they are involved with that doesn't live in the house?

Yes. The RI relationship strength needs to be on par with Good Friend. I am not sure if there is way to know for certain what that is though. In Sims 3 friends were sorted by relationship strength so it was easy to tell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »
Yes. The RI relationship strength needs to be on par with Good Friend. I am not sure if there is way to know for certain what that is though. In Sims 3 friends were sorted by relationship strength so it was easy to tell.
Ah thank you, only 2 more friends left then.

Yeah, I know, I wish they would add an auto sort function according to relationship value, but maybe it will come in a patch.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
There are icons that tell what strength the friendship is at...  lovebird, soulmate, ect, and they match up more or less with the standard "friend" scheme.  I can't remember which one lines up with good friend, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »
If a non-heir sim accidentally catches fire from warming their hands autonomously... do you have to put them out or can you just leave them to burn?
(man that sounds harsh!!)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2014, 12:33:11 AM »
You have to make your best attempt to put them out.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2014, 03:36:25 AM »
You have to make your best attempt to put them out.

Would having the best fire/sprinkler system count as trying to put them out or do I have to risk one of my heirs/founder to do the extinguishing? Sorry to be so 'particular' but just want to be quite clear in my own mind!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
Hi, I searched but couldn't find anything. Maybe my parameters (or rules understanding) were wrong.

The sim's unique B.F.F. must not be living in the house at the time of the use of ambrosia. But what if the aspiration was Romance-Soulmate? In order to become soulemates you must marry your B.F.F. (I suppose the spouse could die in the beforehand, but that's not always a given.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »
The sim's unique B.F.F. must not be living in the house at the time of the use of ambrosia. But what if the aspiration was Romance-Soulmate? In order to become soulemates you must marry your B.F.F. (I suppose the spouse could die in the beforehand, but that's not always a given.)

Hmmm..an interesting question. I suppose we could make an exception and one heir could pursue that Aspiration and their BFF could be in the house. Team what do you think?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
I say we allow one Sim to have their BFF in the house pre ambrosia only to complete that aspiration.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2014, 04:49:49 PM »
Can't you still reduce the soulmate BFF to lower the relationship after the aspiration is complete, and then make another BFF? You can always repair the relationship damage and change BFFs after ambrosia is eaten for the first time.

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2014, 05:36:07 PM »
Not sure if it has been asked or not:
But moving in your spouse - how much money are they allowed to bring with them? I sold his house and furniture when he moved in without thinking and ended up with around +23 000 extra... Can I keep it or should I reduce it in some way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »
Not sure if it has been asked or not:
But moving in your spouse - how much money are they allowed to bring with them? I sold his house and furniture when he moved in without thinking and ended up with around +23 000 extra... Can I keep it or should I reduce it in some way?

Keep it. Everyone starts with 10k. After that how you make money (and moving in a rich spouse is making money) is up to you.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2014, 06:56:52 AM »
Annika-unless it was fixed in the last patch...the game only lets you have 1 BFF...its a glitch

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
Just a quick question about the unique rewards.  In the Sims 3 ID, we were allowed to give others some of the disposable rewards as long as it was just that Immortal that bought them with their own points.  For example, if Gen 2 claimed the Motive Mobile as one of their unique rewards, they could buy 3 or 4 of them that the family could use.  Is that still an option now?  Like, if I wanted say my Founder to buy some of the potions with her points, could she do that and still give it to her heir and to the rest of the family?  Or is that not allowed in this one?  I just don't want to take anything for granted.