Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708376 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:08 AM »
Agreed on the ghost thing - requiring players to make sure Friends and BFFs are alive is going to add more difficulty.

Alrighty then. Thank you!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2014, 12:10:06 PM »
Pleading to Grim is essentially life extention IMO. So, the answer is no. But, let's see what the other team members say.

Ok, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to check.  I thought about it after my poor helper Sim died XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
Ahhhh!!  I am so cutting it close! My founder will age to Elder today and she isn't done yet!!  Ack!

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
I joined in a bit too late with the Sims 3 Dynasty Challenge so I'm excited to give this one a  try from the ground level.  Hope we see more Sims 4 Challenges in the future.  :)  Thank you again for the Challenge, and thank you  Lena for another fantastic Spread Sheet (though I still manage to screw up my math more often than not! LOL) ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »
"No splitting households" question.  If you choose to move in, and then later marry, a townie with a large household, do you have to take their entire household or can you just take the affianced member?  What if you would like to take the affianced member and one other member of the fiancees household but not all the members?  Since you are not splitting or moving out YOUR household I'm hoping you can just move in the one(s) you choose.  For instance, say you want to move in Bella Goth and her brother but not mom and dad.  Would that be ok?  You wouldn't wind up with their huge fortune or furnishings, just two broke people.

EDITED:  Second question.  I'm a little confused on the museum pieces.  What you are saying is eight pieces of the same genre so each heir and founder can have only one genre of items?  Like one picks gems and donates 8 gems to the museum, another picks frogs and donates 8 frogs?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2014, 04:35:25 PM »
You can move in as many or as few people from the household as you wish, but they all must live a full life and can never be moved out. It works the same as The Sims 3 Dynasty.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2014, 04:35:41 PM »
Yes that is ok Joria.  When we said no splitting household, we meant "no" using manage world to split household. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2014, 05:45:25 PM »
EDITED:  Second question.  I'm a little confused on the museum pieces.  What you are saying is eight pieces of the same genre so each heir and founder can have only one genre of items?  Like one picks gems and donates 8 gems to the museum, another picks frogs and donates 8 frogs?

Correct.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »
Glad you asked the question, Joria! I was literally about to ask the same question when I saw yours pop up!  ;D
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »
Are you still having error?  I just tested it, the spreadsheet opens up just fine.

Still having problems, just comes up with 'File Unavailable'

Edit:  the one _Annika_ posted works, so will use that as my guide.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2014, 11:03:34 PM »
Still having problems, just comes up with 'File Unavailable'

Edit:  the one _Annika_ posted works, so will use that as my guide.

Is anybody else having this problem? Then please tell.
I have checked the sheet just now and it opens perfectly for me.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2014, 12:08:54 AM »
I used cas.fulleditmode to change a spouses last name. Fine... carried on with my game. Sim week and a half later went to a chest of drawers in-game to change a helpers clothes... Oh No! Somehow cas.fulleditmode was still on despite me typing "testingcheats off".
I won't be using a cheat to change spouses names again. I deleted my game and started again.  :(
It just seems that either my game was glitchy or using cheats is.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2014, 12:27:12 AM »
Is anybody else having this problem? Then please tell.
I have checked the sheet just now and it opens perfectly for me.

Lena, the spreadsheet works just fine for me, too. I started to fill in my progress into it last night. Thanks for the sheet - it will be a great help!

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2014, 09:10:01 AM »
Hey, Metro! I thought you wouldn't be doing a Dynasty challenge for TS4 until New Year's. You lied to me!  ;)

I was wondering what you would come up with your first Sims 4 Dynasty, but I wasn't surprised. It HAD to be the Immortal Dynasty's rebirth. C'mon, that was the coolest challenge TS3 had here and it had to make a comeback. Let me see how well The I.D. made the transition... (reads rules)

:o Oh. OH MY.  :o

WELL. You certainly managed to find ways to handle the mechanics of The Sims 4 and make immortality possible. An interesting rules transition. I did not realize there was a cheat in TS4 to change a baby's gender when it is born. Well, since we can't influence a baby's gender like we could in TS3, I guess it's best to play the devil's advocate and allow that sort of cheat if fate is cruel. :)

I had thought EA would not create Ambrosia considering the Satisfaction Reward Potion of Youth does the same thing, but this challenge really pushes for hard work to stay immortal. At least you don't have to go out in the dead of night to get the required fish although it is now RNG to get the required fish so you can't stock a pond and pull up Angelfish after Angelfish, and you do need more than just Cooking skill to get the recipe and you need to do grafting to get the required Death Flower. I like this variant.

I might try my hand at this, but not for Hall of Fame. However, KingsIsle just popped some test realm content that blows my brain up, so I don't think I'll be playing TS4 for quite a while. Still, I can't wait to read some of the stuff the forum members come up. I am going to expect you and Pam will be doing your Dynasties in the future. ^_^

Good luck, everyone!  8)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
Kids don't have to get an A if you don't want the extra museum pieces, but they still have to go to school everyday.

Stay in school, kids!  ;D

I think the only stumbling block if I played this would be the (7) requirement - I would have to force my heirs to undergo all sorts of emotional duress to get the whims to pop; I can influence them to be happy, focused, etc, with lamps, but making them angry and tense - I don't like making my Sims mad!  :'(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything