Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697818 times)

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 12:48:07 AM »
Thanks! Also, highlight so far of my dynasty (who is currently living outside) , my founder watching tv whilst taking a bath while her husband is now sleeping

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 01:47:04 AM »
Sorry for so many questions. This challenge thing is completely foreign to me, but it sounds like fun so I want to give it a try.

Is there a winner of the challenge?

Are we supposed to document the family's life/progress in any special way? Such as with photos or one of those online sim stories that people write? Is that part of it?

I wonder if there is a way to export the news feed. Hmmm. I doubt it, at least not an easy way, but that would be cool since it basically announces every important event in this challenge, even finding "museum items."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 02:53:56 AM »
There is no necessity to write a story or document events in the challenge, except for keeping track for your own purposes of the 8 requirements. If you want to write a story about it you may, of course. There is never any official winner for the Dyansty challenges - they are all about having fun and just finishing. Some people like to try to have the fastest time (a little hard to tell now that we have no days/weeks in-game) or the highest value museum, but all that matters is that you finish and have fun.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 04:09:27 AM »
MissZoef, i have had this kind of problem with some other aspiration that did stop counting, suddenly.
What i did to solve it for them was to choose another aspiration, as an example Angling Ace, and the save and close the game.
Start up your game and go into the file again, and switch back to your old aspiration, this has made them start counting again for me untill now.

The problem is solved :) when I started another party and started making gourmet dishes, the counter restarted and I could complete the aspiration. I guess it was a bug before that prevented me from completing it earlier.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 04:16:32 AM »
I got another question after reading some comments here: does every heir need to fix up their own ambrosia? or can the founder (who's completed all her requirements to eat ambrosia) also make it for the other heirs if they've completed all of their requirements?
Since you need cooking and gourmet cooking lvl. 10 for ambrosia and all that good stuff, I guess it's more logical for one sim to make it? so that the other heirs could focus on maxing other skills and aspirations.

Offline BzGoose

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 04:28:50 AM »
It begins... The true challenge for me is finishing this challenge before 2016.   :P

Edit: Took out the part about the mod, as i am not sure we are allowed to link to mods, and if mods are to be allowed in the dynasty it has to be discussed with the challenge team first.
- LenaLJ

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 05:12:50 AM »
I got another question after reading some comments here: does every heir need to fix up their own ambrosia? or can the founder (who's completed all her requirements to eat ambrosia) also make it for the other heirs if they've completed all of their requirements?
Since you need cooking and gourmet cooking lvl. 10 for ambrosia and all that good stuff, I guess it's more logical for one sim to make it? so that the other heirs could focus on maxing other skills and aspirations.

It has always been allowed to let one sim be the one cooking the ambrosia. Its just only the founder and heirs who have completed their requirements that are allowed to eat the ambrosia.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 06:23:39 AM »
Some people like to try to have the fastest time (a little hard to tell now that we have no days/weeks in-game) or the highest value museum, but all that matters is that you finish and have fun.

I think this is why they put in the "number of Ambrosia eaten" thing, for those that like having the best time/score.  I'm just trying to finish in general >.>  I think if I make it past the first 2 generations that I'll start posting up my screenshots.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 06:55:18 AM »
I think this is why they put in the "number of Ambrosia eaten" thing, for those that like having the best time/score.

That was debated for a couple days, but we never implemented it in case you did not know.

Offline Fuzzle

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 07:00:10 AM »
Just to confirm, the mods I asked about on the rules preview are still allowed, correct? Lighting fixes, camera fixes, smaller censor mosaic, and a fix for the 'small eyes, wide jaw' glitch that EA has yet to properly fix.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 07:24:33 AM »
That was debated for a couple days, but we never implemented it in case you did not know.

Oh my bad!  Not a biggie for me, I never cared about it, but good to know. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline BzGoose

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
Edit: Took out the part about the mod, as i am not sure we are allowed to link to mods, and if mods are to be allowed in the dynasty it has to be discussed with the challenge team first.
- LenaLJ

I was a bit iffy on posting that link. Noted for future reference.  :)

Though now I must confirm the legitimacy of said posted mod, for the sake of the challenge. The mod is simply an auto save mod you can set at different "sim" time intervals. I couldn't imagine this being too advantageous to challenge gameplay, besides keeping cheeks unfettered from the tears of days of simming lost.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
Actually, an autosave would be really nice, I'm a baddie at remembering to do that.  Can we get an official decision on if that mod can be used, and if so a link?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 07:47:36 AM »
Very excited to begin! This will be my first IDC in which I actually intend to complete the challenge... So I'll see how that goes. I really wanted to make a story on the forum for it, but seeing as I've just started high-school and am really bogged down with homework, I probably won't have enough time. :(  Maybe I'll hold off starting mine until the Winter Holidays when I have enough time?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
Spamming questions here (sorry for that), it's the first time I really try a dynasty challenge. I noticed a few of my good friends of my list have died. They still are listed as good friends in the friends overview. Am I allowed to still count them for my list of do I have to find some new ones?

anything