Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708247 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
I'm not the challenge team, but it seems to me that paintings are paintings no matter how you create them. Logic skill does already have two sets of collectible prints. There are at least double the necessary collections that you need to complete a dynasty, so there are plenty of things to choose from, even if some are less lucrative.

Golly you guys are turning into softies :) I guess until you know it's always better to err on the side of caution though. So eager to help, but clearly not on the same page... le sigh...

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2014, 06:54:57 PM »
Golly you guys are turning into softies :) I guess until you know it's always better to err on the side of caution though. So eager to help, but clearly not on the same page... le sigh...

I need to update this before a decision is reached.  I've been doing a bit more testing on painting focused paintings, and I may have been slightly mistaken about how they work.  I've got a Sim at level 10 logic, and he's put out nothing but "good" focused paintings on a standard easel.  Very focused the entire time of painting, with Perfectionist as a trait.

So it is possible that while painting focused paintings levels your logic skill, and they are more restricted on how you can paint them (have to be focused no matter what, can't paint them with Painting aspiration reward) they might still be based on your painting skill for quality. 

I'll try to open up a world with Sim that has the best easel and also has Painting + Logic maxed and see what I get.
Edit:  I've tested it on a Sim with a basic Easel, Logic 3 (went to 5 as I tested), Painting 10, the Painting Aspiration reward, Perfectionist, and the purchased reward that makes Masterpieces more likely, nothing but "good" still.  I'm sure I got a Focused masterpiece in a previous game but I'm outta time.  I'll test more tonight.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
Ok, I'm a bit confused.  (nothing unusual there)  Y'all are talking about the heir has to this and the heir has to that, but what about the FOUNDER?  Does the founder have to have all those numbered items?  Obviously he/she can't do any child ones but what about the rest, like have so many items in the museum and so many parties, etc.

On a happier note, try number 4 has my founder engaged, (can't afford a wedding yet), employed and hopefully will remain alive.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »
Ok, I'm a bit confused.  (nothing unusual there)  Y'all are talking about the heir has to this and the heir has to that, but what about the FOUNDER?  Does the founder have to have all those numbered items?  Obviously he/she can't do any child ones but what about the rest, like have so many items in the museum and so many parties, etc.

On a happier note, try number 4 has my founder engaged, (can't afford a wedding yet), employed and hopefully will remain alive.

Yes, the founder, along with the firstborn child of the next 7 generations must all complete the goals and eat the Ambrosia before dying.  if any of these "dynasty" Sims (founder included) die or fail to complete these goals, you fail.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
No aging anyone up early. Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday and only on members of your household.
This is from the rules.  Does this mean we can click on the bassinet on the baby's actual birthday and choose "age up"?  Or do we have to wait for the game to age them up?

Can I get an answer to this from someone on the team?  I think it's only fair that we can use the bassinet on their birthday, since it's the only way to age up a baby.  I think if you can age up the other ages (on their actual day), you should be allowed to age this one up too.  Please let me know, as I may need to revert back to a previous save (with permission of course)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »

Can I get an answer to this from someone on the team?  I think it's only fair that we can use the bassinet on their birthday, since it's the only way to age up a baby.  I think if you can age up the other ages (on their actual day), you should be allowed to age this one up too.  Please let me know, as I may need to revert back to a previous save (with permission of course)

Personally, I have a problem with clicking on a bassinet to age up a baby. You would save 3 days of taking care of a baby and that's all part of the challenge and difficulty.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2014, 08:07:38 AM »
And I did that...the message popped up and said that TODAY is the the babies birthday...if the sim was any other age, you would immediately bake the cake and age the sim up, so I don't understand why you have to wait with the baby.

EDIT:  Even though I don't understand, I will be happy to follow the rules, as you have intended.  So, may I please have permission to return to a previous save? It's probably only 12 sim hours at most that will need to be replayed.  May I also suggest that the rules explicitly state that the baby stage has to age up all by itself?  Right now I am interpretting that sims in the household can be aged up on their actual birthday, which is why I thought I was okay to do what I did. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2014, 08:26:38 AM »
I have a silly question...
I downloaded the Legacy Spreadsheet and it has spots for the children/teens who have gotten A's in school.  Is this a requirement?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2014, 08:45:02 AM »
And I did that...the message popped up and said that TODAY is the the babies birthday...if the sim was any other age, you would immediately bake the cake and age the sim up, so I don't understand why you have to wait with the baby.

EDIT:  Even though I don't understand, I will be happy to follow the rules, as you have intended.  So, may I please have permission to return to a previous save? It's probably only 12 sim hours at most that will need to be replayed.  May I also suggest that the rules explicitly state that the baby stage has to age up all by itself?  Right now I am interpretting that sims in the household can be aged up on their actual birthday, which is why I thought I was okay to do what I did.

Ohhhh...ok I think I misunderstood what you were asking, simfulicious. If you are asking if you can use the bassinet to age up a baby on the day that they would turn into a Child anyway - absolutely. The bassinet is simply acting as a substitute cake.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2014, 08:47:19 AM »
I have a silly question...
I downloaded the Legacy Spreadsheet and it has spots for the children/teens who have gotten A's in school.  Is this a requirement?

It's a Dynasty. ;) And those spots for grades is a requirement only if you want to add extra museum items.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
It's a Dynasty. ;) And those spots for grades is a requirement only if you want to add extra museum items.

Oh, I apologize, I didn't realize that Legacy and Dynasty were two different things. :) 
This is my first attempt to actually completing a Dynasty.  I have tried before and found it difficult to get in all I needed to.. Plus, I haven't had a Sim die on me yet.. I think I always get too attached lol Thanks for the help Metro :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2014, 08:53:45 AM »
Ohhhh...ok I think I misunderstood what you were asking, simfulicious. If you are asking if you can use the bassinet to age up a baby on the day that they would turn into a Child anyway - absolutely. The bassinet is simply acting as a substitute cake.

Yes, that's exactly what I am asking, though I probably should have asked before I did it...Thank you for everything!   ;D

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2014, 08:59:44 AM »

Yes, that's exactly what I am asking, though I probably should have asked before I did it...Thank you for everything!   ;D

I was confused as well when my non Dynasty family had their first baby.  I didn't know when he would age up, but found out soon enough lol

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »
Hi. I'm new and definitely new to the Dynasty Challenge. I have a museum question about the food dishes. How do you keep them from spoiling? I might be missing here since I haven't discovered everything about TS4 yet.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Songsmith.  To answer your question:

1) Master Chef Aspiration reward
2) Do the food dishes as your last heir requirement
3) Let it spoil.  Nothing in the rule says you can't store putrid food dishes as museum pieces.

anything