Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706114 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »
With some items for the museum, some are expensive to make (mixology drinks for example) yet if you go to sell them, they sell for $0. Do we take their value at what they would sell for or as what they cost to make when adding up the museums value?

Always take what the item sells for.

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2014, 05:40:28 PM »
I solved my disappearing food problem. I forgot I had a ghost on the premises. Dur. I really don't want to send my ghosts away to a town cemetery. Can I just have my immortal replace them as the ghosts eat them?

Secondly, if later candidates meet all requirements before they become elders can they eat ambrosia then or do they need to wait?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »
I think that what you contribute to the museum should stay there. If a ghost gets at it, tough luck.

They need to wait until they're elders.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2014, 05:57:53 PM »
I thought I saw a post where it was agreed by our illustrious leader that players could use the park as a cemetery and place grave stones there.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »
I thought I saw a post where it was agreed by our illustrious leader that players could use the park as a cemetery and place grave stones there.

Rachel

Yes, this was discussed and Nutella made a summary post here:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22195.msg396031.html#msg396031

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »
I know I can send them to a cemetery, but I like having the around so thought I would ask. It's not like dishes have a value to them to add to the score. People might want to keep in mind that ghosts could muck up with their museum contributions if they wander the lot.

I was confused about the age because the picture at the top of this post shows only one elder, so I thought they could eat the ambrosia at any age.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2014, 06:21:18 PM »
Would it be easier to keep the food in your inventory rather than where the ghosts can get at it?

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
Would it be easier to keep the food in your inventory rather than where the ghosts can get at it?

Rachel

Probably, but I thought museum items had to be placed in the museum? There's always the risk the sim would eat the contribution. (Though I did discover while researching a glitch that a starving sim won't eat ambrosia in their inventory.)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »
Correct, museum items have to be place in the museum.  If you choose to have ghost roaming your lot, then you are just out of luck if they eat your museum pieces - you cannot replace museum items after your immortal eats ambrosia for the 1st time.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »
People had better be really carefl with ghosts then, as they might return to life by eating an ambrosia.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: November 20, 2014, 02:40:47 AM »
Yes items have to be placed in the museum for you to eat ambrosia. Songsmith if your Sim has already eaten ambrosia and one of there museum items has been removed then the dynasty is failed sorry. If you have not completed all your requirements for ambrosia then you can carry on and replace the missing item. It would probably be in your best interests to choose a different collection if your ghosts are eating the plates of food you have as a collection.

Rachel

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #356 on: November 20, 2014, 08:20:33 AM »
Thanks, Ratchie. She's eaten ambrosia. I did a big thing where she had to eat it in a fancy setting in front of the grave because I'm warped like that! I figured since she needed 10 cooking she might as well do the food, too.

So word of advice to anyone else, submit food a the last thing if you plan on doing so and ship off your ghosts once you have food. I'm not sure what else they could mess with. Do ghosts pick up items and carry them around?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #357 on: November 20, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
I have great fun with this challenge so far  ;D Just finished the requirements of the second generation heir. Just before I completed the last requirements (gold medal on the 5th party) I got a mini heart-attack, because I just got the pop-up that my founder had reached her last days blah blah, but then when the party was going I heard the music of someone dying and the reaper showing up. I was like: OMG! my founder is going to die! this cannot happen!!!  :o But then I realised one of the guests was dying. pfiew! I was pretty happy it wasn't one of my own, haha.  ::) I hope I can get the other 6 generations as well!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: November 20, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
Hehe! Grats on that stroke of luck, MissZoef.  ;D I can imagine that was a nail biter for a little while.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #359 on: November 20, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »
Okay all you Dynasty players. Many of you are also top Tournament players and I consider you guys to have a good handle on the game. Carl has created a nice new Tips Page on the Guide and needs more suggestions for more Sims 4 tips, so help him out. Here is the thread where you can make your contribution. Thank you!

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22342.msg396767.html#new