Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698172 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2655 on: September 21, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »

Deathflowers have to be grown in so if you buy one, you have to plant it. To just go out an purchase the two items needed for ambrosia makes it too easy.  The same with the fish, they have to be caught by fishing.

Apologies to the others for making a challenge harder, but:  I feel it might be better to ban buying either of them outright, as most of the challenge in obtaining a deathflower is the plant splicing you have to do to obtain it.  Allowing people to buy and plant it from realms of magic will remove most/all of that process. 

When Seasons came out, the overhaul on gardening really messed grafting up. Now by design, when grafting, you might get the new fruit/flower or you might one of the same that was used to graft. So if the player wants to spend the money trying to acquire the deathfower/seed from a pack then plant it, it still to be home grown.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2656 on: September 21, 2019, 06:39:37 PM »

When Seasons came out, the overhaul on gardening really messed grafting up. Now by design, when grafting, you might get the new fruit/flower or you might one of the same that was used to graft. So if the player wants to spend the money trying to acquire the deathfower/seed from a pack then plant it, it still has to be home grown.

Makes sense, I guess I hadn't put enough time into gardening of late to know that it's been changed that drastically.  Thanks for the clarification on the ruling!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kishori

• Nooboo
« Reply #2657 on: October 12, 2019, 04:46:45 PM »
I do have a few questions regarding building. The rules state "You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots." How extensive can I edit? Can I change the lot to the point that it doesn't resemble the original building? Can I change one lot type to another, like lounge to nightclub? Can I edit non-dynasty residential lots to add missing items such as toilets or change their aesthetic? Can I build some lots from scratch to fill in the empty lots or download my own creations?

Mod question. Can I use this mod that I got from Carl's YouTube video: Mod to Stop Automatic Spellcaster Occult Townies:  https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=23229453?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2658 on: October 12, 2019, 10:10:57 PM »
I do have a few questions regarding building. The rules state "You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots." How extensive can I edit? Can I change the lot to the point that it doesn't resemble the original building? Can I change one lot type to another, like lounge to nightclub? Can I edit non-dynasty residential lots to add missing items such as toilets or change their aesthetic? Can I build some lots from scratch to fill in the empty lots or download my own creations?

Mod question. Can I use this mod that I got from Carl's YouTube video: Mod to Stop Automatic Spellcaster Occult Townies:  https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=23229453?

Welcome Kishori,

Lots:

Can I change the lot to the point that it doesn't resemble the original building?

Wallpapers -- Yes
Floors -- Yes
Add items like desk/TV -- Yes

Knocking down walls -- No
Extend building -- No

Can I change one lot type to another, like lounge to nightclub? No

Can I edit non-dynasty residential lots to add missing items such as toilets or change their aesthetic?
--Editing any lot other than home lot is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.

MODS? I'm gonna say no on this. But I will put it to the team for discussion.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2659 on: October 13, 2019, 06:35:58 AM »

No mods except those listed in the rules.

Offline Kishori

• Nooboo
« Reply #2660 on: October 13, 2019, 09:52:50 AM »

No mods except those listed in the rules.

Ok. I was hoping it would get approved since I got it from Carl and it fixed the townies from turning into Spellcaster bug. I guess I’ll wait for EA to fix it or disable ROM.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2661 on: October 13, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »
@Kishori It's a valid clarification to ask for but Carl doesn't call the dynasty shots like we do. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pingu632

• Nooboo
« Reply #2662 on: October 27, 2019, 10:25:51 PM »
Hi, I'm new to TS4 (new to any version of Sims), and new to any form of challenge/dynasty.  I apologize if I'm asking basic questions, but I'm confused/unsure about the starting conditions.

My founder can have any traits I choose, no requirement for a "bad" trait (that's only for the one time repopulation) correct?

After I create my sim and start the game I have ~20k Simoleons, do I pay for my empty lot and then adjust my money to 10k or do I adjust the money first and then choose a lot?

The Manage Worlds restriction confuses me.  I know I can't move to a different neighbourhood or use the Manage Households, but what about going to visit the library or museum or different park? e.x. I'm in Newcrest and I want to get to Magnolia Blossom Park.

thx
v

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2663 on: October 27, 2019, 10:39:28 PM »
Hi, I'm new to TS4 (new to any version of Sims), and new to any form of challenge/dynasty.  I apologize if I'm asking basic questions, but I'm confused/unsure about the starting conditions.

My founder can have any traits I choose, no requirement for a "bad" trait (that's only for the one time repopulation) correct?

After I create my sim and start the game I have ~20k Simoleons, do I pay for my empty lot and then adjust my money to 10k or do I adjust the money first and then choose a lot?

The Manage Worlds restriction confuses me.  I know I can't move to a different neighbourhood or use the Manage Households, but what about going to visit the library or museum or different park? e.x. I'm in Newcrest and I want to get to Magnolia Blossom Park.

thx
v

Welcome to the forums pingu632,

Your founder can have any traits you wish. Good, bad it's up to you.

You adjust AFTER moving to your empty lot.

When you visit another world or lot just use "travel" on your sims phone. Pick the world, then the lot. That's all

Offline pingu632

• Nooboo
« Reply #2664 on: October 28, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
Thanks for the crazy fast reply @sdhoey.  If my founder dies, which is quite likely since she already set herself on fire, do I have to start again with a totally new founder or can I use the same one again?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2665 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:58 PM »
@pingu632 you can use the same one, just make sure it's one fresh from CAS/no skills (so basically the copy in your library from when you first made her) Also if you haven't found out that you can travel by pressing M, now you know. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline pingu632

• Nooboo
« Reply #2666 on: October 28, 2019, 12:23:34 PM »
@pingu632 you can use the same one, just make sure it's one fresh from CAS/no skills (so basically the copy in your library from when you first made her) Also if you haven't found out that you can travel by pressing M, now you know. ;)

Thanks @Trip I was assuming a fresh copy with possibly different traits if it was ok.  I just really like her name (Paris Punkydoodles) and look.

I had no idea you could travel with 'M' . . . my learning task for the day is complete!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2667 on: October 28, 2019, 09:16:17 PM »

Thanks @Trip I was assuming a fresh copy with possibly different traits if it was ok.  I just really like her name (Paris Punkydoodles) and look.

I had no idea you could travel with 'M' . . . my learning task for the day is complete!

HA!! After all these yrs I still forget about the "M" for travel. LOL

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2668 on: November 14, 2019, 12:21:07 PM »
Discovering University comes out tomorrow for most of us in the USA. I will be at work from 11-4 pm EST. So any testing and updating that needs to be done will begin tomorrow evening. Please allow us time to do what we do and discuss all options for ALL dynasties.

We will update ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

Shannon

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2669 on: November 26, 2019, 01:15:39 PM »
Okay, I want to discuss this rule before it inevitably comes out for Discover Uni since I just broke down and finally purchases the pack for The Sims 4 despite having blown $120 on Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield which I have to tear myself away from. XD

I'm not saying that I am predicting the mods, I am just basing on this from the features in the pack. Now, in the pack, you have three living options for college: Stay at home and only go to campus for classes and events, live off-campus and move out of your old house, and moving out of the house and living at the dorms.

My Rule Prediction: Since moving out of the Dynasty Lot is forbidden, I predict the Dynasty will have a pack rule saying that you can enroll in one of the colleges, but you must choose the stay-at-home option for housing and are banned from living off campus or in the dorms.

All in all, I am going to just use the first generation as a setup before I do anything with Britechester, to give you guys time to add in the rulings.

anything