Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697815 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2325 on: May 31, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »
So can we change to the Body Builder aspiration but just not complete it or can we not touch it at all?
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2326 on: May 31, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »
So can we change to the Body Builder aspiration but just not complete it or can we not touch it at all?

It's banned for all household members. If you move in someone who has the aspiration, you need to change it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2327 on: June 11, 2017, 02:12:56 PM »
I'm having problems with Soulmate registering 50 romantic interactions. Can I use the milestone cheat once I have counted 50 and have had 3 gold dates?

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2328 on: June 13, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »
My founder in this attempt has eaten his first Ambrosia. :)
Cynthia

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2329 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »
My founder in this attempt has eaten his first Ambrosia. :)

Woo, congratulations, CynKuy!  ;D

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2330 on: June 14, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »
I was wondering how often do you serve ambrosia? Such as how many days do they usually live after turning elders?  I ask because I have some difficulty catching Angelfish after my Sim gets a high level of fishing skill. I want to space out the ambrosia so I don't waste any and also safely prevent the heirs from dying.
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2331 on: June 14, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
My experience was that you would have 10 days. I'd keep an eye on the notifications and serve ambrosia when you get the 2nd notice from Grim. The first notice is safer, but if you're worried about having enough ambrosia on hand, you should go with the 2nd.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2332 on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »
Hi, quick question I think was already answered but I can't find it. Are we allowed to clone sims? The clones, I believe, go straight into the active household. The reason I'm asking is because I like playing rainbow sims and it would be easier to cut some of their familial ties. Thanks.

Edit: Found the ruling, feel free to ignore.

Edit 2: I know that The Old Salt House is allowed as a Dynasty lot but could the team maybe look at adding an apartment lot, like one of the penthouses (bulldozing first, obviously)? The reason I'm asking is because I was hoping to have the City Native aspiration available to my immortals and it cannot be completed without an apartment lot. Thanks!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2333 on: July 17, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »

It's banned for all household members. If you move in someone who has the aspiration, you need to change it.

Wait, so we can't use the bodybuilder aspiration for just the first level or two without completing it to farm points?  The aspiration is not legal to use at all?  I had read it as only illegal to complete.  If it's illegal to use at all, I have to restart  :=(

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2334 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »
I've always interpreted it as that too, if it means anything. I swear we had a ruling saying it's okay to do parts of but not complete.

Hold your breeches.

EDIT: the rules themselves say complete the aspiration. And I've seen people in this thread (both Team and not) say both things. Obviously it's probably best to not risk doing the aspiration at all, but the issue isn't a couple thousand extra aspiration points. It's the reward at the end.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2335 on: July 18, 2017, 07:00:27 AM »
EDIT: the rules themselves say complete the aspiration. And I've seen people in this thread (both Team and not) say both things. Obviously it's probably best to not risk doing the aspiration at all, but the issue isn't a couple thousand extra aspiration points. It's the reward at the end.

No worries on farming Bodybuilder for points without completing it. It's the life extension upon completion that's a no no.

And hi, Trip. :) Nice to see you.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2336 on: July 18, 2017, 10:01:09 AM »

No worries on farming Bodybuilder for points without completing it. It's the life extension upon completion that's a no no.

And hi, Trip. :) Nice to see you.
Okay, thanks for the clarification, Metro.  I was pretty worried there for a bit!

Also, thanks to Trip for chiming in to help affirm for me that I wasn't crazy  ;=)  It was good to know someone else was reading it/understanding it the same way I was

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #2337 on: July 18, 2017, 08:59:41 PM »
Just started Abernathy's wedding and no list of tasks appears.  I've seen other places that this is apparently a known glitch.  If I follow the list of requirements given in the How to Gold All Social Events Thread, can I count it as gold?

The events as listed there are:
Get Married
Have 3 Drinks
Have 1 Guest watch the Ceremony
Talk to guests for 2 hours
Take 1st slice
Kiss
Eat food 4 times
- Have a Sim make a Toast may be on the task list

EDIT:  Went back in game, cancelled the social event and immediately rescheduled it and got the tasks this time.  Not sure what went wrong the first time, but glad it's resolved itself  :=)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2338 on: July 20, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
Are we able to add Plasma Jane and Plasma Fruit Salad to restaurants we own?

A while ago I remember someone saying we have to create a completely new Sim if we restart, sorry I can't seem to find the post, would a twin be OK?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2339 on: July 20, 2017, 12:37:03 PM »
Just started Abernathy's wedding and no list of tasks appears.  I've seen other places that this is apparently a known glitch.  If I follow the list of requirements given in the How to Gold All Social Events Thread, can I count it as gold?

The events as listed there are:
Get Married
Have 3 Drinks
Have 1 Guest watch the Ceremony
Talk to guests for 2 hours
Take 1st slice
Kiss
Eat food 4 times
- Have a Sim make a Toast may be on the task list

EDIT:  Went back in game, cancelled the social event and immediately rescheduled it and got the tasks this time.  Not sure what went wrong the first time, but glad it's resolved itself  :=)

Glad to hear that, because I wasn't sure what to tell you.