Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697737 times)

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2685 on: January 16, 2020, 02:06:25 PM »
Cool, any word on filling the households.
My game is not moving sims into empty houses, can I move sims into houses from the not in world sims?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2686 on: January 16, 2020, 02:36:46 PM »
Cool, any word on filling the households.
My game is not moving sims into empty houses, can I move sims into houses from the not in world sims?

bluebelle, do you have a previous save that you can go into and then go into? If so, go into "buy/build" on an empty house, let me know if it has furniture or not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2687 on: January 17, 2020, 07:17:11 AM »
They still have furniture I tried a few different houses and apartments.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2688 on: January 30, 2020, 11:12:15 PM »
ADDED:

Lot Traits Rules:

Lot Traits  -- Only one skill-boosting lot trait allowed, the other 2 spots can be empty or any non-skill boosting lot traits.  Once all the traits are chosen, they must remain the same for the rest of the dynasty.

You may now have a club with skill boosts.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2689 on: February 15, 2020, 09:06:00 PM »
Hey Challenge Team!

I am officially, FINALLY, done with the Immortal Dynasty Challenge.  I'm not sure what the process is for getting my Dynasty validated for the Hall of Fame, and due to the rather old nature of my Dynasty file, my scorecard is using the original layout, as only generation 8 was played after Scouts and Toddlers were released.  As such, Gens 2-7 have donated 10 items, due to getting A's in School, but my Gen 8 only dedicated 8 because I didn't fulfill the toddler requirements.

Scoresheet is here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pnaYMJRi6xJ709ivifZwwCHklvXVwE8GkNjhG6U1WB0/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions, or I'm doing this wrong, or really anything, I'm happy to discuss further or provide the save file/screenshots/etc. 

P.S. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2690 on: February 15, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »
Congrats @dethdukk, I will pm you the questions for you answer. Welcome to the HOF.

Shannon.

@dethdukk You are now in the HOF, can you please double-check my math for the museum total? 

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2691 on: February 16, 2020, 01:05:08 AM »
Congratulations, @dethdukk ! I’m sure you are relieved to be finished.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2692 on: February 16, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »
Congratulations, @dethdukk

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2693 on: February 16, 2020, 10:36:42 AM »
A big congratz, @dethdukk
Your joyous cry of freedom made me LOL. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2694 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:34 AM »
Congratulations, @dethdukk! Now that you've finished the Immortal Dynasty, you might like to try the Rival Dynasties or the Power of Ten or the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty, or.... <runs away>
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2695 on: February 16, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
Thanks all for the Congratulations!  This has been a very long time in the works...  That score sheet was created on April 13, 2015.  I've been playing this save file on and off for very close to 5 years. 

@sdhoey I came up with a total of 176554 for the museum total.  Looking at the cost difference, it looks like you may have forgotten to include the ambrosia for Gen 8

@MarianT I actually was *very* interested in the Power of 10 dynasty when it first came out, due to the less restrictive rules, the fact that you don't need to keep older generations of sims you're not playing alive, and the general playstyle of the challenge.  I gave serious thought to starting one, but I knew that if I did I'd either burn out what little Sims 4 motivation I had, or get so into it that I never went back to the ID.  I'll go check it out again and see if it still looks like fun.

Either that, or I'll start a personal challenge to make a "Perfect Sim" so I can experience all the new aspirations I missed in the ID.

....  It's probably not a good thing that I find myself wanted to run the ID again because I know how much better I could do the second time around. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2696 on: February 16, 2020, 12:04:58 PM »
Wow, @dethdukk that's some serious dedication! I played my ID over about 8 weeks. I knew if I took a long time I'd never finish. I think you've challenged Pippin's "Most Tenacious Simmer" title. I'm impressed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2697 on: February 16, 2020, 12:55:07 PM »
@reggikko I suspect that the duration of my ID is more due to lack of dedication than an overabundance of it!  Still, I've been wanting to complete it forever, and I finally took the time to just grind through the last 2 generations. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2698 on: February 16, 2020, 02:11:12 PM »
Slow and steady wins the race. ;) Congrats @dethdukk, may your next carry you into 2025.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2699 on: February 16, 2020, 06:07:46 PM »
Thanks all for the Congratulations!  This has been a very long time in the works...  That score sheet was created on April 13, 2015.  I've been playing this save file on and off for very close to 5 years. 

@sdhoey I came up with a total of 176554 for the museum total.  Looking at the cost difference, it looks like you may have forgotten to include the ambrosia for Gen 8

@MarianT I actually was *very* interested in the Power of 10 dynasty when it first came out, due to the less restrictive rules, the fact that you don't need to keep older generations of sims you're not playing alive, and the general playstyle of the challenge.  I gave serious thought to starting one, but I knew that if I did I'd either burn out what little Sims 4 motivation I had, or get so into it that I never went back to the ID.  I'll go check it out again and see if it still looks like fun.

Either that, or I'll start a personal challenge to make a "Perfect Sim" so I can experience all the new aspirations I missed in the ID.

....  It's probably not a good thing that I find myself wanted to run the ID again because I know how much better I could do the second time around. 

Thanks, I corrected it.